Evaluate web accessibility within the Chrome browser.
WAVE is a web accessibility evaluation tool developed by WebAIM.org. It provides visual feedback about the accessibility of your web content by injecting icons and indicators into your page. No automated tool can tell you if your page is accessible, but WAVE facilitates human evaluation and educates about accessibility issues. All analysis is done entirely within the Chrome browser allowing secure valuation of intranet, local, password protected, and other sensitive web pages. To run a WAVE report, simply click on the WAVE icon to the right of your browser address bar, or select "WAVE this page" from the context menu. WAVE errors align with WCAG 2.1 failures. The WAVE interface facilitates human evaluation of many other aspects of accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Section 508 compliance. Version 3.0.5 (April 2020) includes numerous bug fixes, improved color contrast checking, fixes for the outline/headings structure in the Structure panel, and improved accessibility.
- (2020-02-08) Atoall web accessibility tool for billion disabled: Your domain names are 1 language, in the world of 200 languages, Apply https://Atoall.com/ on your websites big government departments are using it check https://mhrd.gov.in you can see icon of Atoall with FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube icon.
- (2019-12-10) Darren Sweet: Recently I have used many different accessibility checkers, all are useful but many are not efficient to use. Wave shows me clearly what the issues are, shows me markers visually on my own page and provides a clear description of the issue and what to do about it.
- (2019-11-28) Remi Dijoux: bof
- (2019-11-22) Andreas Schieferbein: As a fullstack developer, this is the first time that the topic "Accessibility and UIs (React/Spa)" comes into contact. A cover of Specs is to be considered, this Tool makes the entrance into this not quite simple topic for me clearly easier. My thanks go to the developers, very useful.
- (2019-11-04) Andy Layman: Where did the ability to filter down to WCAG AA 2.0 go? What standard is the new redesign using as the "default"?
- (2019-11-01) Daryl Knight: The new update is really useful. It breaks the page layout less than the old version, explains what's wrong - WHY it's important and how to fix it. Thank you.
- (2019-10-30) Alex O'Connell: Something JUST broke the extension, we use it daily at work here, and today I went to use it and its now broken
- (2019-10-30) Joshua Vodkahäus: The update looks so much nicer, good job! I ran into an issue where I needed to test locally and couldn't use my normal tools, and after finding this Wave plugin I don't need to any more!
- (2019-10-23) Luke Pennings: Clunky; and nearly always points out non-issues with very little direction on where they are originating. You would only use this if you are a QA person for basic HTML and you need to get by not knowing any code at all.
- (2019-09-25) Colleen LeMasters: This proved to be a very handy tool for assessing web accessibility but I wish I knew to what standard it was being measured... WCAG 2.0? A? AA? If that was added, it would be extremely helpful. Bonus points if we could select the level at which we tested.
- (2019-09-20) Felina: Is WAVE up to date with WCAG 2.1?
- (2019-08-22) Dan Paguirigan: A lot of false positives.
- (2019-05-10) Austin Powell: It is a powerful and useful tool for sure. It takes a little time to figure out the interface and be able to determine what it is telling you. It also slows down the browser quite a bit when it is in use. But again, it is very in depth and beneficial when testing a11y. Give it a try and see if it's abundant information is worth the learning curve and performance slowdown.
- (2019-04-30) Jay Fortner: Gives a report but you can't do anything with the report items. You can click on stuff and maybe it'll take you to the element it's referencing but most likely not.
- (2019-04-02) M KSHR: 幾つかの「アクセシビリティ・チェックツール」を試しましたが、最も分かりやすくエラーを表示してくれます。（テストするページの画面にエラーやその他のアイコンが表示される。そのアイコンを押すと問題箇所のHTMLが表示される。視覚的に理解しやすい） ローカル環境でテストできる（テスト環境でテストできる） HTMLの書き方をもっとシビアにチェックしてくれるともっと使いやすくなる。
- (2019-03-26) julio cesar martinez zarate: Excelente... Gracias
- (2019-01-12) Víctor Alejandro Sagal Muñoz: Excelente para evaluar accesibilidad web en línea con el cumplimiento de las pautas WCAG de la W3C, también se puede usar su versión web para el mismo cometido.
- (2018-10-22) Amanda Calvert: This is a great tool. My only suggestion is that you give us a way to download the results. I use this tool for sites that take human interaction to navigate the site where I can't use my automated tool. I would love to be able to download the results to send to my IT team.
- (2018-10-16) Patricia Acosta: Excelente herramienta
- (2018-05-12) Kishan Kock: Confusing user interface, and shows some webpages as nothing more than raw HTML when trying to evaluate, even if the page follows W3 spec immaculately.
- (2018-02-28) Andreas Poloczek: Diese Erweiterung gehört zum Standardwerkzeug eines jeden Webdevelopers oder Webdesigners. Prüft und visualisiert technische Umsetzungsfehler in Bezug auf barrierefreie Webseitengestaltung und sensibilisiert auch den in die Jahre gekommen Routineabarbeiter…
- (2018-02-22) Angel Leal: Continues to work great when your site was not planned with accessibility in mind. The contrast errors are sometimes off when trying to edit in the tool, but not wrong. Tried aXe extension and it broke this tool. Stay away from aXe. Stick with Wave!!!
- (2018-02-09) Magnus W: It would be great if it could display the webpage as it would actually by understood by a screen reader, for example removing all elements with aria-hidden="true". I can only get it to mark them, but that's not quite the same.
- (2018-01-31) Arturo Estrada: Very helpful for checking AA compliance
- (2020-07-02, v:3.0.5) E: Download File
Good morning, do you have a download file available for the Web Accessibility Tool? My IT department is trying to obtain a file to load on a local computer. Thanks in advance. Ed
- (2020-05-22, v:3.0.5) Neha Dua: Automation and report
This is very good tool and it sis helping us a lot.Actually we are looking for its automation so that user don't have check manually. 1)So could you please suggest something on that . 2)Could you please let us know if there is any option to fetch report outside this browser like in excel /form.
- (2020-05-13, v:3.0.5) Matt Woodage: analysis of font weight
Thanks for a great tool. We are getting contrast errors on some buttons that have fontWeight: 600. If i change our code to fontWeight: bold, the button looks identical - and then passes your tests. Is this an accessibility issue or an issue with this extension?
- (2020-05-12, v:3.0.5) Kelly Ann McNamara: Confidential Content Collection Question
I am working on a confidential site that only has access through a portal. I want to use your tools locally to test accessibility but I need written confirmation that you don't pull the content of the sites. When I say content I mean the actual text people would read when they are viewing the site. Can you please confirm?
- (2020-05-06, v:3.0.5) Laurel Horn Elgin: WAVE tool in google docs/slides
When I try to use the WAVE tool in google docs it sends an error message: "Unable to load file. Try to load it again or send an error report." When I select re-load file and then activate the WAVE tool again it comes up with the same message. The problem has persisted across google docs and slides. If I select "styles off" in the WAVE tool, all of the content disappears from the page, only the error labels remain, so I have no orientation for review.
- (2020-04-24, v:3.0.5) Eston Livingston: Wave Window not Appearing
Wave had been working great for months and recently it won't launch when clicking on the icon or by right clicking and selecting Wave this page. Are others experiencing this problem? I have even removed the extension and then added it back to Chrome.
- (2020-03-17, v:3.0.4) sree sree: Error
Dear Team, I'm facing an error after installing the Wave and adding to extensions I could not able to access the Web page. Getting errror as - If you're seeing this error, your page scripting is likely forcing a redirect out of the WAVE interface using scripting. Please go back and try again, or evaluate the page using the WAVE Chrome or Firefox extensions. Please clarify ASAP. Thank you, Sree.
- (2020-02-25, v:3.0.4) Test Von Maur: Errors on every site
I am showing at least 21 errors on multiple websites, but my coworkers are not. 2 sites: www.vonmaur.com and www.drygoodsusa.com both show 21 errors for empty buttons, but there are no empty buttons on either site. I also show 21 empty button errors on Google. Is there a bug with the latest release?
- (2020-02-08, v:3.0.4) Atoall web accessibility tool for billion disabled: Your domain names are 1 language, in the world of 200 languages, Apply https://Atoall.com/ on your websites big government departments are using it check https://mhrd.gov.in you can see icon of Atoall with FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube icon.
Your domain names are 1 language, in the world of 200 languages, Apply https://Atoall.com/ on your websites big government departments are using it check https://mhrd.gov.in you can see icon of Atoall with FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube icon.
- (2019-12-02, v:3.0.4) Mark Cyrulik: Allow ability to move WAVE report panel..
Would it be possible to have an option to move the results panel around? Similar to developer tools, allowing it to be anchored to the left, right, bottom, would be really helpful. We have some social share links that are pinned to the left edge of the screen, and these are not visible when the panel is there.
- (2019-11-16, v:3.0.4) Nermin Dedic: Report
Does wave have the option to print/save page analysis report?
- (2019-11-05, v:3.0.3) Bryan Pruett: Code button crashes browser
If i click the html button at the bottom of my browser that appears after running the extension and click on an element, the browser slows to a stop and crashes. Chrome: 78.0.3904.87 Windows 10 ent v 1903
- (2019-11-04, v:3.0.3) Andy Layman: Guidline Filter?
Where did the ability to filter down to WCAG AA 2.0 go? What standard is the new redesign using as the "default"?
- (2019-11-04, v:3.0.3) Ashok Kumar: Plug in support for WCAG 2.1 AA standard
Hi, thank you so much for this update, which covers 2.1 guidelines. I'm curious to know about which level it supports(WCAG 2.1 AAA/AA) ? Or it covers all ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- (2019-10-31, v:3.0.2) Brian Burrier: Error in checking accessible menus. Incorrectly flagging menus with ARIA labels.
Since the latest update, the WAVE tool is incorrectly flagging errors for “Broken AIRA menu”. In fact, it’s flagging the errors on the W3.org’s own website examples of accessible menus. My speculation is the tool now is only searching one level below the aria-label=“menu” and not getting to the "menuitems". Check the WAVE tool on the W3.org site and you’ll see what I mean: https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/examples/menubar/menubar-1/menubar-1.html
- (2019-10-30, v:3.0.1) Alex O'Connell: broken extension after update
Something in a recent change broke the addon, now when I enable it, the whole page just jumbles and scrambles around. Its totally unusable
- (2019-10-25, v:1.0.9) randhi harish: WCAG 2.1 New Success criterion coverage
Is this tool support any of Newly added WCAG 2.1 Success criterion at this point of time?
- (2019-07-31, v:1.0.9) Amit Yadav: Compliance Against the Latest WCAG standard 2.1
Hi, Thanks for providing the tool. We are in process of making sure our website is compliant against the latest WCAG 2.1 standard level A at least. We just wanted to check how much aligned is the tool in marking a site against that standard? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
- (2019-07-25, v:1.0.9) Ashok Nayak: Accessibility check for React PWA website
Hi, I am trying to check my react PWA website in Wave but that is not working.Can you please let me know how can i check? Thanks, Ashok
- (2019-07-15, v:1.0.9) Michael M: If I refresh the page wave extension goes away
Is there a way to keep the wave extension ON when I refresh the page. I am fixing the issues in an Angular app, and I grow tired of hitting the wave icon to activate it. Is there some option