Swiss Knife for ServiceNOW. Lightweight toolbox for ServiceNOW.
Using SwissNow, you can: 1. Check current logged in user, selected Update Set, Scope and Domain 2. Check plaftorm information (e.g. nodes). Switch active node. 3. Switch to the same record/view in another ServiceNow environment 4. View recent changes tracked in Update Sets 5. Custom utility scripts (= parametrized background scripts) 6. Configuration packages - export records from multiple tables into single file with just one click 7. Compare the same record or the same list of records on different environments. Multi-line values (e.g. scripts) highlights changed lines. Comparison of workflow activities on a list (wf_activity_list.do) includes activity variables (e.g. script in RunScript action) 8. Compare all rows/records in a list with each other 9. Add a prefix in your tab title - the prefix will indicate the ServiceNow environment you're connected to 10. Watch list. You can monitor a result of a list query. Once list content has been changed, you will receive a desktop notification from Chrome. 11. Embed current view in the ServiceNow UI. Pop-pop current view from the ServiceNow UI 12. Generate GlideRecord code for selected query 13. Edit ServiceNow background scripts locally, using your favourite IDE/editor (press CTRL-Enter to execute script) 14. Cancel your long-running blocking transactions 15. Search table by name 16. Context menu search global search 17. Add arbitrary records to an update set There is a separate version of the plugin to be used with OnPrem ServiceNow instances.
- (2020-07-09) James Griffith: Very helpful, one thing that would be nice to see is the #diff_table have a width of 100%, then I can look at script include diffs easier
- (2019-03-26) Maricela Ramirez Perez: It is very useful.Thanks! :)
- (2018-03-08) Dale Stubblefield: Very useful! Let's you rename any of your ServiceNow tabs to something else with ease.
- (2018-01-09) Andrew Marshall: Very helpful
- (2017-09-11) Przemysław Marek: nice to have:) good work Łukasz! I hope there will be more
- (2022-07-11, v:0.12.708) Support for more ServiceNow URLs
I've seen some customers with URLs that end in ".servicenowservices.com" and would love if the extension supported these instances. Another thing is, customers could have custom URLs and another possibility would be to be able to support these custom URLs.
- (2020-07-09, v:0.10.512) James Griffith: Minor enhancement
One thing that would be nice to see is the #diff_table have a width of 100%, then I can look at script include diffs easier
- (2017-09-11, v:0.9.4.4) Jace Benson: Is this code up on github or anywhere
I'd like to be sure there isn't odd logging of stuff.
- (2017-09-06, v:0.9.2.0) Cezary Basta: New functionality
I'd like this addon to run a single query on a regular time interval and notify me once the query returns something.