This extension adds customizable autoscroll support to Chrome.
For users on Linux or Mac, the lack of autoscroll can be a big pain. This extension can help! It supports both sticky and non-sticky scrolling, doesn't scroll on textareas or links, and even has settings to customize various aspects such as scroll speed. To use it, press (or hold) the middle mouse button, then move the mouse to scroll the page. Alternatively, hold Ctrl/⌘ and press the left mouse button. It won't work on every page, but it should work on most. Known bugs: ● You need to refresh the site or restart Chrome before it'll work. You only need to do this once. ● Doesn't work on chrome:// URLs or the Chrome Web Store. It's restricted by Chrome for security reasons. Changelog: http://paaru.pbworks.com/f/AutoScroll%20Changelog.html GitHub: https://github.com/Pauan/AutoScroll
- (2021-06-12) Christopher Co: Now in the middle of 2021, this is by far the best middle click scroll application I've tested. Most of the chrome extensions here auto scrolls only; one I've tested has a nifty feature which grabs the screen like in touch screens, but this is the one I need. --Similar behavior in windows. I'm in Garuda Linux using Microsoft Chrome Dev, by the way. Wish this appeared on the top search list. Thank you, Dev!
- (2021-06-10) Master: very helpful on Manjaro Linux. Thank you!
- (2021-06-04) Sebastian Findling: excellent addon, it behaves almost the same as windows' mechanism, so 5 stars for me :D
- (2021-06-01) barbosad: momento paja señores!
- (2021-05-09) Τhanos0: As a disabled person who's not able to use the scroll wheel/middle button, this extension allows me to scroll by just pressing ctrl + left click.
- (2021-05-04) Owen Smith: Should be stock in chrome for linux, still nice to have though.
- (2021-04-21) min yu shyu: I finally made it work. Update options: If moving less than  pixels. Hold down the middle mouse button and move down (at least half of the screen). Release the button. It will automatically scroll down.
- (2021-04-19) Jake Grabowski: does not work macosx
- (2021-04-11) Nightmare837: Mükemel.
- (2021-03-24) Deformer CR: Works So Well That I Forget It Is Not In Built
- (2021-03-23) Wes Stephenson: Works on Chrome on Ubuntu 20.04!
- (2021-03-23) Joseph Morris: Does what it is supposed to do, odd this isn't a native option in Ubuntu/Gnome
- (2021-03-16) ilkercan Kaya: very good but no scrolling speed settings, this feels slow coming from a windows user, please give the option to adjust scroll speed...
- (2021-03-08) Azyl: It's great.
- (2021-02-25) Will Cuber: For everyone that thinks this does not work, it worked by me at youtube.com, try it out yourself and see that it will probaly work when you press middle mouse button left to the search bar. but it goes very very fast, i wanted to read an online e book but it goes way to fast
- (2021-02-06) Lars L.: Exactly what I wanted - works great! Thanks!
- (2021-01-11) Arthur Cardoso: Works great! Thanks a lot for doing this, it helped me to change from Windows to MacBook!
- (2020-12-30) Mae Katherine Mercado: Thank you! Works great and makes it easier to read comic/manga online!
- (2020-12-29) Josh Lockwood: Thanks! Working on Mac 10.15.4 (Catalina) with Chrome 87. Had to restart Chrome. It doesn't work in the Chrome web store but seems to work on all other sites.
- (2020-12-24) Nathan Hong: works perfectly now! for some reason it didnt work right after i restarted chrome.. had to wait a few hours before it kicked in..working now though
- (2020-12-20) Lexinator: Even after restarting my computer, clicking on it does nothing. Though, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right sooo...
- (2020-12-19) Dominik Adrian Grzywak: Doesn't work on Linux anymore
- (2020-12-16) Tandis Pakdaman: i tried clicking on it but it kept bringing me to the add extention link
- (2020-12-12) Реарден Реарден: просто лучший
- (2020-12-03) Serge As: Не работает!
- (2020-11-28) Johnny Sun: doesn't work at all
- (2020-11-22) WU ZECHENG: 太棒了解决mac里不能自动滚动的问题
- (2020-11-21) ImReporting: It's 100% functional on almost all pages! Great extension!
- (2020-11-17) cool kid: this thing is soooooo helpful i like it, it's just really slow
- (2020-11-13) Jonathan Schack: I could kiss you. This is magic where can I donate
- (2020-10-09) Saul Fautley: Perfect replacement for auto scroll on Linux! Had to disable Ctrl+Click though as it was overriding Ctrl+Click behaviour in some cases such as Figma's layers panel.
- (2020-09-30) andrybak: Great extension. Works well on MacOS (where there is no native autoscroll). It's very nice that you can change the speed in settings.
- (2020-08-24) Patrick L: cant adjust speed
- (2020-08-24) Cody F: Works on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS after restart of chrome. It doesn't work on the web store, though.
- (2020-07-31) SkulMask: It didn't work :(
- (2020-07-31) Horochov: It just works!
- (2020-07-15) Vinh To: Works on MacOs, remember to restart Chrome, you can also change scrolling speed in the settings.
- (2020-07-08) ViNiCiUs: Muito útil!
- (2020-07-08) Ahmad Morad: doesn't work in 2020
- (2020-06-30) Telmo Amaral: Should be built into Chrome.
- (2020-04-10) Beer Boudewijn: not working
- (2020-04-04) Denis Shkerin: То, что доктор прописал!
- (2020-01-31) robert chalean: Excelente! Funciona muy bien, con el click del medio del mouse!
- (2020-01-06) Nitram Robits: Well, it works with Google Chrome under GNU/Linux like Arch, Fedora, SUSE, Debian,... As well as on MacOS and CloudReady (Chromium OS). Thank you very much !!! It is an essential extension that should be implemented by Google by default! ;-)
- (2020-01-04) Youno: Some heroes don't wear capes.
- (2020-01-03) Dawid Rzenno: Awesome, thanks man!
- (2019-12-31) ich moimeyo: Great extension - thanks! I personally initiate it with: Ctrl + Left Mouse Click(Touchpad tap)
- (2019-12-31) gaurav shinde: Doesn't work with current MacOS. Tried all instructions. Deleted!
- (2019-12-05) mrtvocich: Opera 2010 flashback
- (2019-10-09) Leandro Souza: Resolveu meu problema com o irritante "autoscrool". Basta ir em "opções" e descarmar "Scrool without holding..."
- (2021-05-27, v:4.10) Palak Mody: How to use on Mac without using mouse?
I don't see an instruction on this. Is mouse required to do the left click? How to achieve this using track pad?
- (2021-04-30, v:4.10) Sharique Khan: how to slow down the speed
i want the scrolling speed to be more slow
- (2021-04-08, v:4.10) capitalbet nakuwadde: HOW MAKE THE AUTO SCROLL KEEP MOVING AUTOMATICALLY UP AND DOWN.
what if i want the auto scroll to reach the bottom of the page and automatically starts scrolling up wards to the top and vice versa ?? Thank waiting for reply.
- (2021-03-17, v:4.10) Fernando Perez: Middleclick no longer keeps scroll function active
I used to be able to middleclick once and the scroll icon would appear and I could scroll the page by moving my mouse up and down from that icon (without having to keep the middleclick pressed or pressing any new buttons). I found that turning on the CTRL+Click feature does keep the scroll icon in place after initiating the command. Oddly enough, on certain sites, the middleclick, release and scroll feature does work on certain sites, but on others, it does not (it functions as described above). In some instances, an icon doesn't even appear but I am able to scroll the page (albeit while holding down the middleclick button).
- (2021-02-04, v:4.10) 7sharks: handsfree
how do i make it scroll handsfree? It works scrolls if i hold cmd+ left click but if i let go it stops scrolling.
- (2021-01-18, v:4.10) Alex Cameron: "Stuttery" Scroll Speed - What settings will help achieve a smoother scroll
I'm finding that I am getting "stuttery" looking scrolled pages. Can you please recommend a way of getting a smoother auto scroll? I am assuming it's to do with the speed and how many pixels it's tying to scroll - is that right? Does a higher or lower number work better? Thank you.
- (2020-09-11, v:4.10) Ryan McCampbell: Enable only on non-windows
I wonder if an option could be added to disable the extension on Windows since it is redundant, for people who have extensions synced between multiple OS's. Although it doesn't have much overhead and is mostly identical to the built-in behavior, I would still like to only use it on OS's that don't have it built-in.
- (2020-08-11, v:4.10) Rbgo Web: Doesn't work with "Asciidoctor.js Live Preview"
"Asciidoctor.js Live Preview" is an extension to render *.adoc files inside the browser window. When an *.adoc file is large enough, the vertical scrollbar is visible, but the AutoScroll anchor will not appear, nor work. The extension home: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/asciidoctorjs-live-previe/iaalpfgpbocpdfblpnhhgllgbdbchmia
- (2020-03-25, v:4.10) Mohammad Nabavi: Autoscroll in Built-in PDF Viewer
While the websites are being simply autoscrolled, the built-in PDF viewer activates the hand tool on middle mouse hold. Is there any solution?
- (2020-03-10, v:4.10) Belal Salem: Hide/Show the Cross of the scroll center
There is a cross icon appears where you move around to scroll the other ways around, I suggest adding an option to enable/disable this icon
- (2019-03-27, v:4.10) James Rumora: Page turner
Does your extension support any foot based page turners like AirTurn, Page Flip or anything else?
- (2018-11-22, v:4.10) Vraja D: Middle click on search boxes fixed now since update
Tanx. Workin fine agin.
- (2018-11-04, v:4.9) Vraja D: Not allowing middle click paste in some search boxes since update
For example youtube and facebook
- (2018-11-04, v:4.9) Arizel Halffiend: Primary buffer doesn't work
Hi. After Chrome's update the extension prevents primary buffer's inserting on Ubuntu 14.04.
- (2018-09-12, v:4.8) Autoscroll broken with Chrome 69.0.3497.81
Was just auto updated from Chrome 68 to Chrome 69.0.3497.81. Mouse wheel scrolling broken now.
- (2018-07-25, v:4.8) Burak Dilşen: exponantial speed
opera browser had scroll speed which was exponential. you could add a checkbox for little move fine tuned scroll and easily speedup to light speed without exhausting the height of screen. this feature would feel the opposite of "Don't scroll faster than .... pixels" option. looking forward to see this feature
- (2018-06-26, v:4.8) Tyler Neill: minimum page requirements
any idea what specifically is needed on a page for the extension to work? I use it all the time on professionally made sites, but I'm also curious to make my own simple pages to use in the browser with the scrolling. No luck yet with experimenting.
- (2018-06-23, v:4.8) Mücke: Kein Vorschlag Nur ein Danke!
Danke an den Entwickler für diese Erweiterung!
- (2018-06-06, v:4.8) James Gentile: Disable auto-scroll option?
I use this extension to disable auto-scroll after the last one I used stopped being distributed on chrome store. Right now I just set "Scroll if moving more than X pixels" to the size of my screen, which is fine but was just wondering if you could also make an option to just disable autoscroll completely and stop it from changing the mouse pointer to the scroll pointer. I simply find the feature annoying and would like it gone.
- (2018-04-23, v:4.8) XtA km4p: Permissions
Why does it require the permission to read and modify all the sites I visit?