This extension adds customizable autoscroll support to Chrome.
For users on Linux or Mac, the lack of autoscroll can be a big pain. This extension can help! It supports both sticky and non-sticky scrolling, doesn't scroll on textareas or links, and even has settings to customize various aspects such as scroll speed. To use it, press (or hold) the middle mouse button, then move the mouse to scroll the page. Alternatively, hold Ctrl/⌘ and press the left mouse button. It won't work on every page, but it should work on most. Known bugs: ● You need to refresh the site or restart Chrome before it'll work. You only need to do this once. ● Doesn't work on chrome:// URLs or the Chrome Web Store. It's restricted by Chrome for security reasons. Changelog: http://paaru.pbworks.com/f/AutoScroll%20Changelog.html GitHub: https://github.com/Pauan/AutoScroll
- (2020-01-31) robert chalean: Excelente! Funciona muy bien, con el click del medio del mouse!
- (2020-01-06) Nitram Robits: Well, it works with Google Chrome under GNU/Linux like Arch, Fedora, SUSE, Debian,... As well as on MacOS and CloudReady (Chromium OS). Thank you very much !!! It is an essential extension that should be implemented by Google by default! ;-)
- (2020-01-04) Youno Holtman: Some heroes don't wear capes.
- (2020-01-03) Dawid Rzenno: Awesome, thanks man!
- (2019-12-31) ich moimeyo: Great extension - thanks! I personally initiate it with: Ctrl + Left Mouse Click(Touchpad tap)
- (2019-12-31) gaurav shinde: Doesn't work with current MacOS. Tried all instructions. Deleted!
- (2019-12-21) ViNiCiUs: Muito útil, poderia já vim integrado no navegador-(linux), mas fazer oque né!?
- (2019-12-05) mrtvocich: Opera 2010 flashback
- (2019-10-09) Leandro Souza: Resolveu meu problema com o irritante "autoscrool". Basta ir em "opções" e descarmar "Scrool without holding..."
- (2019-08-31) Gregzenegair Skynet: Just need to stop and re open Chrome to make it work, but works !
- (2019-08-21) Jorge Humberto Nemogá Pinzón: Linux MInt 19.2 - 64bits - Mate. Web Browser Chorme - stable. FINE
- (2019-08-14) Madalina Daniela Teodorescu: It does nothing. When I click on it, it takes me to this page.
- (2019-08-07) Rod Jamieson: Works as described. I finally have auto scrolling in Linux working beautifully. Auto scrolling isn't something I have missed much but it's handy at times. For all those people who say it doesn't work remember to restart Chrome after installing it. Then just middle mouse click anywhere on a page, the AutoScroll icon appears where you clicked then release the mouse button and move the mouse up/down to scroll. Simple.
- (2019-06-26) Sebastien Saletes: Either it doesn't work or instruction are unclear (I have restarted / refreshed)
- (2019-05-09) Corey Ogburn: I believe this extensions has started crashing with a recent Chrome update. Sometimes when scrolling a lot on a single page my scroll wheel will stop working but only for that tab. If I refresh the tab I can start scrolling again. It's happened on a variety of pages.
- (2019-05-03) Francisco Manuel Sánchez Rubio: Hay que actualizar la página que estés viendo la primera vez que enciendas la extensión. Funciona pulsando la rueda del ratón, o si no tienes ratón porque estás en un portátil, pulsando tecla Control + al mismo tiempo el botón izquierdo de tu dispositivo de señalación. Luego dejas el puntero lo más cerca posible del simbolito que aparece, para que vaya bajando poco a poco. Genial para leer comics desde lejos (por ejemplo en el sofá en la tele) sin contar con mouse inalámbrico y sin tener que engorrarte en usar TeamViewer en el móvil para controlar el PC remotamente..
- (2019-04-29) yingxue wen: 希望可以支持pdf的滚动模式
- (2019-04-25) Daniel Ede: With the key customization variables, I was able to match the feel of native auto-scrolling in windows and a better feel that Firefox's own implementation on Linux. Thank you!
- (2019-03-31) Francisco Prado: If you want to use your Wacom tablet on Linux and you want to scroll the page with its bottom button this can be the solution.
- (2019-03-27) Вероника Заглотова: Really good extension, but I want it to be customizable, for example the dead zone, sensitivity, maximum speed, etc. Edit: wow, I didn't know I can right-click on the icon and change all that things. THAT'S 12/10 EXTENSION RIGHT THERE
- (2019-03-27) not working
- (2019-03-23) Mark Balazo: Works on Windows! Thank you devs.
- (2019-03-22) Gordon Freeman: Doesn't work on ubuntu 18
- (2019-03-21) Edgar Peddy: Does exactly what I want. Took a little bit to get it working correctly on Brave but once it started working it works as you would expect it to on Windows. Helpful thread for tweaking xinput settings, may or may not be helpful for getting this extension to work on Brave. https://askubuntu.com/questions/28150/chrome-chromium-middle-mouse-button-for-scroll-linux-mac
- (2019-03-20) Roger Chosnyk: Works perfectly in Google Chrome on Linux! You'd think that Google would have this feature by now for us.
- (2019-03-27, v:4.10) James Rumora: Page turner
Does your extension support any foot based page turners like AirTurn, Page Flip or anything else?
- (2018-11-22, v:4.10) Vraja D: Middle click on search boxes fixed now since update
Tanx. Workin fine agin.
- (2018-11-04, v:4.9) Vraja D: Not allowing middle click paste in some search boxes since update
For example youtube and facebook
- (2018-11-04, v:4.9) Arizel Halffiend: Primary buffer doesn't work
Hi. After Chrome's update the extension prevents primary buffer's inserting on Ubuntu 14.04.
- (2018-09-12, v:4.8) Autoscroll broken with Chrome 69.0.3497.81
Was just auto updated from Chrome 68 to Chrome 69.0.3497.81. Mouse wheel scrolling broken now.
- (2018-07-25, v:4.8) Burak Dilşen: exponantial speed
opera browser had scroll speed which was exponential. you could add a checkbox for little move fine tuned scroll and easily speedup to light speed without exhausting the height of screen. this feature would feel the opposite of "Don't scroll faster than .... pixels" option. looking forward to see this feature
- (2018-06-26, v:4.8) Tyler Neill: minimum page requirements
any idea what specifically is needed on a page for the extension to work? I use it all the time on professionally made sites, but I'm also curious to make my own simple pages to use in the browser with the scrolling. No luck yet with experimenting.
- (2018-06-23, v:4.8) Mücke: Kein Vorschlag Nur ein Danke!
Danke an den Entwickler für diese Erweiterung!
- (2018-06-06, v:4.8) James Gentile: Disable auto-scroll option?
I use this extension to disable auto-scroll after the last one I used stopped being distributed on chrome store. Right now I just set "Scroll if moving more than X pixels" to the size of my screen, which is fine but was just wondering if you could also make an option to just disable autoscroll completely and stop it from changing the mouse pointer to the scroll pointer. I simply find the feature annoying and would like it gone.
- (2018-04-23, v:4.8) XtA km4p: Permissions
Why does it require the permission to read and modify all the sites I visit?