Analyze chess positions from any website, book, and video in Chrome
Automatically analyze chess positions on any website and video you want. You like to watch chess videos from Ben Finegold, Agadmator, PowerPlayChess and others? Now you can analyze what they do why and why - live on the video! Stop wondering "is f6 good in this position or not"? Need a tip while solving chess puzzles or analyze a chess diagram? - Chessvision.ai is here for you. Click on the extension button to open the extension. Select options you want and click Scan! The position will open in the lichess board analysis where you can enable the engine, see evaluation and just play. You can also open an external analysis on either Chess.com or lichess.org. Help us make Chessvision.ai the most accurate chess board detector from images. If you have any suggestions or spotted any issues email me at [email protected] Cheers, Pawel UPDATES: version 2.0.0 The update introduces many new features and improvements, including: - "Select area" mode to scan manually selected area - finding games matching the scanned position - smart turn detection using the last move squares - modern design - improved scanning speed - quick FEN copying - diagram editor - resizable window version 1.04 - UI adjusted for lichess 2.0 changes version 1.03 - buttons for external analysis on Chess.com and lichess.org added
- (2021-12-03) seijin n: wow
- (2021-12-03) Joshua Jonathan: Very good for analysis, good for chess puzzle too but. i can't change the engine (example stockfish 10+ to stockfish 14 or higher) also a little bit of bug, sometimes it show nothing in analysis. My laptop fan is very loud when i turn on the analysis (toggle local evaluation). maybe my laptop is very bad.
- (2021-12-01) Duy Minh Đặng Trần: Imagine using this to cheat in Chess.com and others
- (2021-11-30) Qolbi Nurwandi Yunus: perfect!!!
- (2021-11-27) AAntonGordeev: That's just great, really!
- (2021-11-17) Sebastian Carewe: Very accurate, pretty much always gets every position correct. Very useful on Youtube. Only concern: If you leave the engine on and close the extension window, the engine keeps running and drains a lot of computing power. Maybe something to fix :) Thank you very much for this brilliant extension!
- (2021-11-17) Всеволод Пономарев: NICE!!!!
- (2021-11-13) Emre Geylani: Great app, one of the must extensions if you are a serious chess player.
- (2021-11-13) Thành Công Phạm: The chess board is too blur when i move sometimes and it use stockfish 10+ WASM :(
- (2021-11-05) Siddhesh Parulekar: Probably the best chrome extension in existence after Ublock Origin!
- (2021-11-01) 천없: Looking forward to the new app with synchronized analysis board, engine eval & pgn for chess vids on youtube!
- (2021-10-31) Cyrill Tellici: very good
- (2021-10-19) blight /\/\/\: Amazing when I'm watching a game analysis on YouTube and want to know what the engine thinks. This is such an easy and convenient tool. It also lets you select if it's black/white's move and fix board orientation if its accidentally flipped, or even edit the position if the tool missed a piece or added a piece (happens around 1 in 15 times to me)
- (2021-10-09) DOKFF ;v: muy buena
- (2021-10-09) Poke People: yeee
- (2021-10-05) vio: so good
- (2021-10-02) PushyPawn: Very buggy, window is hard to manage, resize and organise. VERY High potential for abuse and cheating over fair use, and this issue is not addressed anywhere in the documentation. The engine can take some time to get started after each activation or move. Scrolling down into menus sometimes leaves you stuck down there, unable to scroll back up and having to restart the extension.
- (2021-10-01) Jollydime: one of the best i have seen till now
- (2021-09-28) Nikolay Vasilev: Hi Pavel, Could you update chrome extension to work with stockfish 14 or at least 13 version? In all Chrome versions after 90 (even current 94) chessvision is using stockfish 10+ WASM. In Chrome version 89 - stockfish 11+. I think chrome 88 was last version that supported stockfish 13NNUE. Speaking from user experience :-)
- (2021-09-28) Rémy Machado: Saving so much time! It is a mandatory tool to quickly setup a position from any internet resource.
- (2021-09-26) Meum: if only you knew how many match i won with help of that little nasty stuff Dangerously useful i would say.
- (2021-09-25) Dhruv vij: loved it
- (2021-09-10) Roberto Alvarez: It works well, flaulessly, and is quite fast. Helps me a lot when preparing chess materials for my students. 5 out 5 stars.
- (2021-09-09) JB Boy Tuts: This is Super awesomecooolllll!!! Thank you for making it possible and especially for making it free for everyone! Simple interface yet powerful tool to use by players who does not have much to pay for expensive softwares!
- (2021-09-03) umesh krishna: Awesome tool
- (2021-08-22) Just Chilling: Edit: The problem has been figured out, great plugin! I would give 5 stars but sometimes it bugs out and thinks certain moves are illegal even though they aren't. For example it produced an FEN where it announces mate in 2 because it thinks a move that stops mate is illegal but it's not. Somehow the supposed "illegality" of the move is embedded in the FEN so even if you plug it in a program it also says its illegal. Here is the FEN of the example position I was talking about: 1K2R3/r1P5/1PN3Q1/1r4P1/2p2R2/3p4/2p2qb1/2k5 b - - 1 1
- (2021-08-19) --: adsasda
- (2021-08-16) Damian Kopka: Great
- (2021-08-04) cool username: excellent
- (2021-08-03) Josiah S. Catabay: suss
- (2021-07-31) Account User: not work in chess.com :(
- (2021-07-28) Parag Sanjay: Very accurate- scans even small boards/pictures perfectly (and is free!)
- (2021-07-13) ZePing Li: Now I can play puzzle rush better！
- (2021-07-11) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. Bentulan: 3 things thing 1 From 4 to 5 stars. here is my previous concern: how come sometimes the lichess engine is on after a scan and sometimes it isn't? --> solution: just test a different position 1st. turn off engine if need be. then load your regular position. or just cover your screen with the engine part and load it on lichess (make sure to do turn off engine in regular lichess 1st though!) thing 2 i use this for desktop and then chessify for mobile. --> update: use chessvision app instead! contact them to be a tester or something. thing 3 unlike chessify, chessvision indirectly supports 9LX because chessvision links to lichess w/c indeed supports 9LX --> thus when you load a position from a chess960 game, you can edit the position to allow castling. however when you use chessify's editor, you can't necessarily allow castling.
- (2021-07-08) michael calance: epic swag
- (2021-07-07) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. Bentulan: 1 - use this for desktop and then chessify for mobile 2 - how come sometimes the lichess engine is on after a scan and sometimes it isn't? i'm certain i didn't press the spacebar the later times though the earlier times i guess i did. (i'll also e-mail)
- (2021-07-04) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. Bentulan: use this for desktop and then chessify for mobile
- (2021-06-30) Dragisa Boca: Wow... Seems to work with no problems. Very convenient, thank you!
- (2021-06-29) bartix: not working
- (2021-06-19) BobalinI: very good
- (2021-06-19) Hamza Lahlou: nice
- (2021-06-17) VANGUΛRD: Seems to work well!
- (2021-06-13) Din Mor: Pis, var bedre uden.
- (2021-06-09) Gustavo Martins: Absurdo de bom!
- (2021-06-03) Théo Hervé: Nice one, very well done !
- (2021-06-02) nilay kumar: this is awesome for ebooks! so accurate analysis if u have confusion in any position !! love it
- (2021-06-01) kuรɦɑʆ ѵɛɳkɑt ɗɑɗi: This extension is lit af
- (2021-05-30) Tetra fish: Could make it easier to acess variants
- (2021-05-28) Fire Mania2.0: I love it but I have 1 question, is it considered cheating when it's used on lichess website?
- (2021-05-26) Ironxsteelix: awesome
- (2021-10-26, v:2.0.0) Gonzo PT: Empty board
I already enabled cookies but it doesn't appear any pieces either, I am using opera gx
- (2021-10-26, v:2.0.0) Rob Raese: Stockfish
What version of Stockfish is this? Why can't I turn on "Use NNUE" or use more than one processor?
- (2021-09-25, v:2.0.0) Daniel Tran: Can you add the flipboard button the on the main window
Can you add the flipboard button the on the main window instead of inside a menu button? Thank you
- (2021-09-10, v:2.0.0) Caw Caw: Which version of Stockfish is used?
I noticed that the extension says Stockfish 10+ WASM Does that mean version 10, version 14, or something in between?
- (2021-07-26, v:2.0.0) Ragen: Glitch
My units are not positioned properly on the extension when scanned.
- (2021-07-04, v:2.0.0) Chuck M: Dark mode and font size or color
Are you going to have a dark mode version.?.. it black out when I switch to dark mode from a extension. Also is there a way to change font size and color so us blind people can see lol? . But beside that it works great.. TY
- (2021-06-30, v:2.0.0) Chess
Hi! How can I get the full version of your chess software? I downloaded your extension, but your extension does not recognize the opponent's move.
- (2021-05-15, v:2.0.0) Max F: no risk of being accused of cheating?
Hello, is it OK to have the extension installed when playing rated games online? Is there no risk that these websites detect that you have the extension installed and will close your account for cheating attempt?
- (2021-05-01, v:2.0.0) doesn't work in edge
Hi. I loved using your program and had no problems using it in firefox. However in Microsoft edge, the board doesn't show at all (the bot gets the position right, I just have to open it in new window). I uploaded the screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/w3EwPL8
- (2021-04-09, v:2.0.0) ichi: Scanning time
The scanning takes a while, it uses all my timer, and yes I use chessvision.ai for bots/practice only and sometimes my friends, but it takes my timer and the opponent easily wins by time running out because of the scanning delay. Is it my computer or is it the extension itself? Based off the tutorial, it seems fast. But I'm just wondering is it my computer or is it the extension? If it is the extension then this question should be considered a problem. The scanning takes too long. But if it's my computer then you can reply saying it's my computer, no worries. Thanks!
- (2021-04-03, v:2.0.0) Joseph Reid: On-going updates?
Just wondering if you doing on-going maintenance on the Chrome extension? It's a brilliant extention!
- (2021-03-21, v:2.0.0) Paul Vater: ui simply closes after scanning
since the latest update (with the new ui), whenever i try to scan a board, the chessvision "window/popup" simply closes without effect, and doesn't open again (when clicking on the extension icon) for a while. this happens everywhere for me - here's an example anyway: https://i.redd.it/twszlzi5vbo61.png my setup is: Chromium 73.0.3683.75 built on Debian 9.8, running on Debian 9.13
- (2021-03-15, v:2.0.0) coom slayer: the extension
i can't open it on chess.com, even when i do it just dissapears