(Watch video across Tabs & Windows & Applications)
In Chrome 70, Google enabled support for Picture-in-Picture mode (PiP), allowing users to pop videos out of their tab and float on top of everything. That was awesome and good for multi-tasking. However, for native PiP: - Websites that block right-click context menu not supported (Facebook, Netflix, almost any) - Need to manually enter/exit PiP mode for every single video But with this extension, you can fully experience how PiP makes your life easier. 1. Automatically enter PiP mode when switching to other tabs/windows 2. Automatically leave PiP mode when back to the video tab 3. Prioritize multiple videos and show the one that you need 4. Support any Window applications and any modern websites (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc) 5. Support media keys (play/pause & prev/next track & etc) on your keyboard 6. Since v.0.2.0, added popup config for blacklisting web pages & domains (More and more) Work on both Windows & macOS now! Highly-recommended for desktop, laptop, and tablet users, especially those who have a single monitor The idea is to avoid tedious config or user actions needed as much as possible to trigger these kinds of operations. Report bugs and feel free to give me feedback :) change log - v.0.2.83 Bug fix: - memory leak issue change log - v.0.2.79 Enhancement: 1. improved responsiveness of the popup change log - v.0.2.77 Bug fix: - sometime PiP not working change log - v.0.2.72 Enhancement: 1. more stable and more efficient 2. added a donation button 3. added play video shortcut Bug fix: - chrome might create 2 floating players at the same time which caused the browser to crash - sometime video player might disconnect from the extension change log - v.0.2.55 Enhancement: 1. refactored the task scheduling subsystem, more reliable and more faster response 2. hide all error messages in the tab console 3. improved config UI, added donation button Bug fix: - sometime video player would disconnect from the extension - discarding floating player is not working change log - v.0.2.25 Enhancement: 1. refactored the entire system, more reliable and efficient 2. support media keys on the keyboard now change log - v.0.2.10 Bug fix: - fixed urgent problem for stuck operation caused by minor mistake change log - v.0.2.08 Enhancement: 1. use custom quick sort algorithm to enhance performance 2. simplified code to enhance stability change log - v.0.2.0 Enhancement: 1. added popup with blacklist function 2. more intelligent mechanism for Mac OS users Bug fix: - PiP is now blocked when the window is maximized since chrome in MacOS does not allow PiP in maximized windows change log - v.0.1.81 Enhancement: 1. improved stack algorithm to enhance stability 2. simplified system structure, faster & less memory used Bug fix: - incorrect sorting algorithm change log - v.0.1.76 Enhancement: 1. improved algorithm to auto enter PiP mode in a more friendly way 2. when at the video tab, it triggers PiP only if the window is maximized, minimized or not maximized but the video is scrolled to an invisible position 3. stack algorithm improved 4. auto disconnects videos in discarded tab 5. enhanced window & tab switching detection algorithm, more different circumstances covered 6. added Bluebird to enhance the async performance at runtime, faster with less memory used -- Milestone - the extension is more complete and stable now -- change log - v.0.1.54 Enhancement: 1. improved stack algorithm to enhance stabity 2. added update notification when extension updated 3. auto update & reload extension if update available Bug fix: - no reaction when opening new window in chrome change log - v.0.1.40 Bug fix: - sometimes it failed to enter PiP change log - v.0.1.35 Enhancement: 1. added stack to enhance the stability change log - v.0.1.29 Changes: 1. removed PiP when you switch to other window in the video tab since it's not desired in most cases change log - v.0.1.28 Enhancement: 1. more reliable detection when switching to other applications in the video tab change log - v.0.1.27 Enhancement: 1. no need to reload pages when updating / restarting extension 2. video keep playing if it was discarded from PiP mode Bug fix: - when switching tab between main player and other tab too qucikly, it blink and keep enabled - sometime two video may wrongly received message from each others - not detecting the status when a video is aborted change log - v.0.1.26 Enhancement: 1. a bit more accurate video detection change log - v.0.1.25 Enhancement: 1. more reliable and efficient core system Bug fix: - sometime enabling PiP when switch to window application will be fail - prioritization may have issues in some edge cases change log - v.0.1.18 Bug fix: - sometime after closing video, the extension wrongly detect its existence change log - v.0.1.17 Bug fix: - sometime video cannot enter PiP automatically change log - v.0.1.14 Enhancement: - performance boost Bug fix: - new version cannot detect the status of video when first loaded the page change log - v.0.1.08 Enhancement: 1. auto start PiP mode in other tabs when a new video started playing 2. performance boost and more new technique applied 3. PiP request mechanism more reliable, reduce the chance of request failure Bug fix: - fail to enable the PiP mode of a video for the first time when switched to other tab already Others: - no webpack using temporarily because of obfuscated code change log - v.0.1.02 Enhancement: - support Window applications trigger PiP now - webpack & vuejs used for production now, thanks to ALiang Liang Bug fix: - video prioritization issues change log - v.0.1 --extension beta version released--
- (2021-10-16) Алексей Костюнин: Стандартными средствами хрома весьма неудобно открывать видео в режиме "картинка в картинке". Данное расширение решает проблему, автоматически переводя видео мини режим при выборе другой вкладки (что, кстати, давным давно реализовано в яндекс браузере)
- (2021-09-16) Naveen Sundar: works like a dream. brilliant execution
- (2021-05-27) Daniel Clark: Wish it also worked under ChromeOS. As of this review it does not, it either does nothing or crashes Chrome.
- (2021-03-27) Milford Desouza: Wish there was an option to add a shortcut to enable and disable pip instead of just opening the extension.
- (2021-02-16) XII-5 Jeffry Vanessa: i love it , but sometime its doesn't work
- (2021-01-20) Lalo RM: Loved it. I would like to choose whether I want the PiP to be activated when switching apps or not. It used to be the case that PiP would be activated in this case but then it got updated and it wouldnt do it.
- (2021-01-05) Moffee: Provides what it says it does: PiP automation. Loved the ability to automate PiP when switching tabs, but I find this automation unnecessary when switching to another application, as I use two monitors, such that even if I swap applications, I can still see the video. Additional customizability would make this really usable, as well as the concern of extra permissions that it doesn't seem it needs.
- (2020-11-18) Federico Guzmán: This is exactly what I was looking for but sadly it doesn't work all the time. I have found that when I change to another tab or window the PiP will pop-up, then I go back to the video tab, it correctly restores to the player but then if I change tab/window again it will not pop-up automatically. I have to first click on the page for it to automatically pop-up.
- (2020-11-06) Максим Орлов: Добавьте пожалуйста кнопку, чтоб видео принудительно убирать в сплывающее окно, и поменяю на 5 звезд
- (2020-11-02) Oлег Egorov: не пашет
- (2020-08-10) S J: Why does it collect browsing data? other permissions also sound very fishy
- (2020-07-13) 퓨리티 Purity: This works almost perfectly. Thanks for the update.
- (2020-04-09) REACH BRIGHT: WELL DONE!
- (2020-03-10) Federico Sammartin: awesome, only thing missing i would like, is for this to work if i go to another application like telegram ecc.. because i like to use youtube as an app with it's own window, waiting for youtube pwa.. (wonder if extensions works in pwas)
- (2020-02-05) Alex: Not always working, you have to reload the page.
- (2020-01-21) Sritulja Bhavanistudio: wowowowwowowowowwowowo super niceeeeee
- (2020-01-19) Hrishikesh Deshpande: sometimes it causes chrome to crash. for example, it sometimes plays main video and pip at the same time, and when i close the pip window, it crashes chrome. please fix this. if you want more info on how i got into this double player situation, let me know, i will try to investigate. plz reply ehn you fix it...TIA edit: PLESE FIX THAT BUG ASAP. IT CRASHES CHROME.
- (2020-01-08) Marco Bronzini: Very useful! Thank you so much, this should be integrated inside chrome by Google
- (2020-01-06) Евгений Харьков: Не хватает интерфейса управления видео. Строка перемотки, регулировка звука и т.д. Всё супер!!!
- (2019-12-29) ntelas: Edit: I found a problem. While using 2 displays, I am watching a video in one display using chrome, but when I click on my second monitor (running chrome as well), the video goes on PIP mode. I don't know if this is fixable but at least I can report it here. There needs to be a detection for when using chrome in anther window so it doesn't go in PIP mode then. I have thought of the concept but didn't find any extension as of summer 2019. Today, I thought that maybe someone could have made this extension and sure enough you did! It works like a charm! Thanks, this should be built in the browser if you ask me. Till then, I will enjoy your extension!
- (2019-11-05) Itta: Yo I was thinking about how cool it would be if pip on pc was automatic like android and to find out someone has already made a script with such functionality is amazing. This is so underrated, thanks man.
- (2019-10-31) Keitaro: Великолепно! Почему разработчики сразу этого не сделали ?!
- (2019-08-18) Marco Navarrete: Please you can add the Play/Pause, Skip Backward/Forward, Volume Up/Down functions for the chrome://extensions/shortcuts in Global option
- (2019-07-20) Zahid Manj: Outstanding work perfectly
- (2019-05-07) mauth: رائعه جدا