This extension injects various font styling features alongside the toolbar in Google Calendar
This is an extension I've programmed for my girlfriend, after she asked me how to increase the font size for events in Google Calendar because they were unreadable on her tiny laptop screen, since I realized that others have asked this as-well in Google Product Forum, but there was no real solution. So I've decided to publish this extension on the assumption that others might benefit from it as well. The extension changes the event font-styling by injecting a number (+/-) input to select the font size, and a check-box to turn on / off bold fonts, alongside the toolbar in Google Calendar. ========= Features: ========= - Changes the font styling of all calendar events - Choose a font size from 1px to infinity, toggle bold on / off - All settings are automatically saved & synced between remote browsers =========== Change log: =========== * Version 1.0.1: - Set default font-size to 14px (was 1px). * Version 1.0: Initial.
- (2022-07-09) Michelle Snyder: Simple and easy, pinned it to my extension bar, when you click it gives you the option to pick font size and custom color. Also BOLD and italic. The BOLD is a lifesaver for me. So far this link works: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-calendar-font-cust/bfbebkpfgcidgpidfcbpihdlineclmck
- (2022-03-13) Percy: Changes absolutely nothing. No menu appears to change anything. Maybe it only works on earlier versions of Chrome or Calendar ?
- (2022-02-19) Ōkämi‘: It don't do nothin
- (2021-06-06) thatchickenugg: ok so I scroll through reviews before i get something on my software (brave) it wont work and i dont like to use nay other software
- (2021-01-11) Javi Lynch: It's not working, I really want to use it :'(
- (2020-03-16) Alex Almazov: Очередной мусор . Что это ? Устанавливается расширение , которое не имеет настроек , не отображает значек запуска в браузере . Гавнище ни о чем.
- (2018-02-22) Steve McGuffey: This is not working in the google calendar, I tried it all different ways.
- (2018-01-19) Cecilia Huster: Would have loved it if it worked.
- (2017-11-19) Пётр Беляев: Please do it for new version of Google Calendar! This is very useful. Thanks :)
- (2017-08-13) Andrii Bachynskyi: good job!
- (2017-08-01) Tommy Knocker: epic fail. can't use it monthly where it is needed the most.
- (2017-05-18) Michael Greelis: I use my calendar all day long. It is an excellent tool. However, the font and font size are issues. I installed this extension and it worked immediately. I am entirely pleased with thee results. Fine work.
- (2016-07-08) I have been using Readable Fonts now for about 3 months, it made my Calendar much easier read and use. Google should give this developer a few million of theirs dollars and buy it from him. It should be a standard feature. Kudos to this developer.
- (2015-12-01) Eric Cawley: Nice concept. Doesn't work in month view.
- (2015-08-04) Tracy Trathen: Only works in "Week" view, which I do not use...
- (2015-06-30) Howard Ruben: Impossible to adjust, activate, or adapt. no updates since 2013
- (2015-06-09) *** Edited My initial response was - WOW! But then I noticed that all of my half-hour events became one-hour events (visually). And all events that had long text in title went out of the day's boundaries. Sadly, will uninstall...
- (2014-08-18) Ne fonctionne pas !
- (2014-07-07) Mt. Zion: I was looking for something to change fonts for the monthly calendar. Guess I'll just have to keep looking and hoping.
- (2014-05-26) Adam Chen: I can not chage the fonts size and do not know how to delete this very bad app
- (2014-02-20) Sadly doesn't work. I'd like an option to change the actual typeface to other popular ones, to look more like Apple fonts.
- (2014-01-26) kevin floyd: I totally agree with Biochem. Would like to set different font sizes for different types of appointments and colored font would be a great improvement.
- (2013-11-08) Thank you very much. But there is a bug which I can't set font size for month view. Others are ok. Please fix this bug as soon as possible. Thank you again.
- (2013-09-26) Wil Boyce: Really a very simple and useful app. It's pretty much straightforward...
- (2013-08-22) Ted Leger: Can't change the font on the full month calendar, only daily, and weekly.
- (2013-07-10) Biochemistry and Molecular Biology JHU: I can't give 5 stars yet because I have not used it for an extended period ,but so far so good! It allows you to re-size and/or bold the text in your calendar. Very simple and user friendly, should be made into a regular feature in Google calendar in my opinion. *Edit* -I would make one change- make it so that you do not have to change every appointment. I would like to be able to enlarge and bold only one set of appointments on my calendar. *Edit 2* It would also be awesome to change the color of the fonts as well. Mine appear to be grey rather than black.
- (2020-11-17, v:1.0.1) S. Z.: how do I get the icon on my menu bar?
how do I get the icon on my menu bar? How do I view the calendar?
- (2019-10-28, v:1.0.1) Arun Kumar वाघचौरे: This is broken
It doesn't work
- (2018-02-22, v:1.0.1) Steve McGuffey: Not working
This is not working in the google calendar, I tried it all different ways.
- (2018-02-12, v:1.0.1) L K: not working with new google calendar
not working with new google calendar
- (2017-12-27, v:1.0.1) Stop working 12/27
I use this everyday at work to broadcast our daily closing calendar for the whole office. Since the text is adjustable, our tiny TV can do justice showing off our calendar. I was worried when the new calendar rolled out if the extension would still work. It has been going strong until today. I still have not updated to the new calendar, but even the old version of the calendar isn't working.
- (2017-12-15, v:1.0.1) Mary Burnett: gOOGLE cALENDAR BOLD PRINT
i MUST HAVE GOOGLE CALENDAR ALL IN BOLD DUE TO EYE SURGERIES. TRIED YOUR SITE AND CAN'T SEE WHAT IT SAYS BUT IT DOESN'T WORK PLEASE HELP I DID ADD IT TO CHROME BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHERE BOLD IS. mARY
- (2017-12-15, v:1.0.1) Sandra Lee Hernlund (Sandie): Doesn't work, AT ALL!
I installed the extension in Chrome but when I click either right or left on the icon,I get a drop down window that gives me 4 options: 1. A link to your product in the Chrome Web Store 2. Remove from Chrome 3. Hide in Chrome 4. Manage extensions The only option that probably makes this work, "Options", is grayed out and unusable. Guess which option I chose..... you're right, "Delete from Chrome"
- (2017-10-01, v:1.0.1) S Carpent: extension does not open
I added this extension to Chrome, but when I click on the icon (top right) it only opens the chrome webstore
- (2016-12-04, v:1.0.1) Aída Ríos-Franco: Font selection missing
Thanks for the extension. I see the option to 1-change font size; and 2-use bold. 3-I also see a red question mark icon that does nothing. 4-I don't see
- (2016-08-10, v:1.0.1) Michel Chaudron: how to select font?
Where should I go to actually select a font to use? I cannot see any option/setting to select anywhere
- (2016-07-14, v:1.0.1) Barbara Gesswein: Not working in all views
Seems to work in day view, week view, 4 day view, but does NOT work in the monthly calendar view. Unfortunately, this monthly view is the one I use most. :(