Dictate messages in Gmail™. Why type, when you can speak?
NEW & IMPROVED VERSION! Open a new message (or reply to an existing one), click the Microphone icon located to the right of the Send button. Dictate your message in any of the supported 60 languages! --- Do you have feedback? Please leave a comment here, or reach out to us directly: [email protected]
- (2022-06-16) Chateau Lamothe: Devrait être natif. Bonne idée. A ajouter : parler en une langue et cela écrit dans une autre (=saisie vocale + traduction). Autre amélioration : mettre les 3 dernières langues utilisées en haut de la liste. Etendre l'extension à sheets, docs etc. Bonne continuation et merci.
- (2022-04-27) Omar Caraballo: Simplemente no funciona no escribe nada
- (2022-03-30) AURELIEN HAUSTRATE: Très bonne extension mais dommage que nous ne pouvons pas dicter les ponctuations.
- (2022-03-25) Youness Salimi: me parece una app muy racista soy árabe y no encuentro mi idioma no se porque hay idiomas muy complicadas y raras existen pero el árabe no existe eso que significa no recomiendo esta
- (2022-03-08) Patrick Fairclough: Great app, lifesaver when you have got your arm in a sling. only 4 stars as it struggles with punctuation.
- (2022-03-03) David: Useless. It doesn't seem to be able to complete a single sentence clearly spoken in standard British English without mishearing several words. Useless. Constantly having to correct the mistakes would take longer than typing.
- (2022-02-07) Andrew Miller: From what everyone says, this should be great. For me, though, it doesn't work in my Gmail. Any idea why?
- (2021-08-05) Marc L. Melcher: Grant extension. Thank you! Just what I needed.
- (2021-07-26) CN MG: so bad I installed again to give it a review. waste of time and bites
- (2021-06-30) Marcel R.: Good from a function perspective. However, other tools from the email line, such a the shortcut for signature, disappear without changing settings. Should not happen.
- (2021-06-24) Paul Schmied: UPDATE This now types gibberish, random nonsense non-words> "The boy ran to the library", repeated 3 times became, "boyuk viber kakoy n viber qaboy ayan tvo viber" I have the extension installed but will disable it permanently after I do this review. I dictated this review with the accessibility voice-to-text feature of Chrome OS, (which has its own problems). I've tried this extension 3 times on my Chromebook. This extension is unsupported and has not been updated since 2019, so not a COVID consequence.
- (2021-03-29) Bill Moran: Not a very effective dictation program. Very poor compared to Dragon Naturally. Constantly showing error messages. Often simply no response to voice dictation. Lots of bugs. Needs continued development.
- (2021-03-28) Elizabeth Ludwig-Borycz: Hello, This tool is a great idea! I am able to get the microphone icon on my email but it wont dictate what I say when I click it. Can you fix this?
- (2021-03-12) Arjun Amar: This is helping me, but it will not pick up when I ask for a comma - it just keeps writing karma, I have tried changing my accent! but still won't work.... Also it is not capitalizing the first word of new sentences.
- (2021-03-02) Stores United Agro: hi, how do i dictate in the next line? can you let me know please?
- (2021-02-28) Baco Land: est-ce que cela marche avec Brave j'ai une erreur: "Error: An error has occurred.Dismiss"
- (2021-02-15) Mike Cardona: Can you please update this app? I have severe RSI and tendonitis on both wrists and this app would be incredibly helpful if it was more accurate. It hasn't been updated since September 2019!
- (2021-02-05) Iñaki Jiménez Miranda: Es un gran avance para las personas que no tienen habilidades mecanográficas.
- (2021-02-03) Franco Piergiacomi: devo provare ad usarlo poi avrò modo di giudicare, da come scrive questa recezione mi sembra buono
- (2021-02-02) Bill Keller: I spoke soft, loud, fast and slow and it was perfect. it puts Siri to shame. poke of google docs but it has its own "voice typing" feature. idk. works for me!
- (2020-12-19) Paul Duffill: I've just installed it. The reason why it's only three stars is: 1. it doesn't pick up my New Zealand accent very well for some vowels (or consonants) even though it's set to "NZ English" so there needs to be some more voice training for it for at least that accent. 2. there is no official list anywhere (not on the Chrome store, nor in the app's "Options" which is greyed-out and seems not to exist, nor on the apps official website: https://www.dictation.tools/) and it seems that, as others have said, the voice command are rather limited (it can use most of the Googe docs "Add punctuation" commands at https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4492226?hl=en plus parenthesis, but not the other voice commands at the link). But it would still be great to have a list in its entry in the Chrome store of the voice commands this app does even if they are limited. That would help a lot in using it and would change my rating to 4 stars for me.
- (2020-11-23) Martyn Ayers: Worse than useless because of the time wasted making corrections. If googledocs can do it reasonably competently (apart from capitalization, semi-functional voice commands, etc), why not gmail? Abysmal advert for google technology.
- (2020-10-28) Susan Bushell: I guess despite this being advertised as a great dictation app for gmail talk and text, it is not showing up as an option beside the "send" button as advertised. Might be a Google issue but really folks? Now I have to get it off my computer. So frustrating
- (2020-10-11) Daniel Pardi: Excellent app - works better than expected! Since I started to use this app about 10 days ago, it's changed the way I do email. I am now dictating most emails, which is something I have wanted for over 20 years. The accuracy is fantastic. The only request I have is to have the text display with my formatting preferences. It's really no big deal but it would remove a step I must do for every email I send. So grateful, Greg. Thank you!
- (2020-08-28) Jim Cranshaw: It isn't working for me at all. Every time I click the mic button, it doesn't record my voice to text and it just says 'error' and then you can click dismiss. Can you advise?
- (2020-07-20) Laird Hepburn: Great at dictation. However, when installed, I can't print any of my emails. Please fix and I'll change my review.
- (2020-07-16) Nicolas Giroudeau: Vraiment très très très utile !!!
- (2020-07-13) Takeda Parker: Love it thanks a million
- (2020-06-27) James Adams: Super helpful, but please enable users to hide the language selector dropdown button. It's too wide, and pushes the trash button out of view, so I can no longer delete email drafts. I use several Gmail plugins that add buttons to the toolbar at the bottom of an email draft. Thank you.
- (2020-04-09) Dairine Kennedy: i love the idea but when i downloaded the icon never appeared on my gmail for me to use???
- (2020-04-05) Jean-Michel DUBOIS: Outil que je recherchais MAIS la police que j'avais défini par défaut n'est plus valide ?? Un bug ou un paramétrage ? Pensez à mettre la langue que vous parlez
- (2020-03-27) Flor De los Santos: Me parece una herramienta muy util para mi trabajo
- (2020-03-22) Mark Ifi: this is unbelievably useful and easy to use, and on par with 300 euro software from a decade ago. My only wish is for it to work outside of Gmail, too!
- (2020-02-27) JR Boon: Okay, since I cannot get it to work I suppose I cannot actually hate it. Win 10. Used to work really well, but after a hiatus of a few months, I re-installed it again, on my GMail program where I really need it, and I cannot get a word out of it. Microphone is ICE Snowball Blue. Help!
- (2020-02-21) J T: Just used this extension...so far it's GREAT! Hope the positive experience continues. I will update this review if needed.
- (2020-02-17) Scott Miller: would be 5 stars but it doesn't capitalize the first word of a sentence. <--- *sigh*
- (2020-02-04) patrick sauvé: Prodigieusement rapide et précis. ma seule critique serait que je ne peux pas l'utiliser partout dans Windows ce serait vraiment pratique.
- (2020-02-01) worxi: Très bonne application. Me facilite la tâche énormément, je suis très satisfait merci pour le développeur.
- (2020-02-01) K. Durtschi: doesn't work.
- (2019-12-14) ratus ratus: Marche très bien en français, merci
- (2019-11-11) Marcel Boers: Good app. Translates in many languages. Only problem is that the microphone turns off very quickly all the time. A button to leave it on would be perfect.
- (2019-10-11) Len Kowalik: Tried this as a last resort because I could not find the extension that I had been using, which disappeared from my Chromebook, and which worked very well. Not updated since 2016 is a disappointment, because it works somewhat, however with the glitches reported by others. October 2019 Tried it again. The icon changes colour when I switch between Gmail and other tabs, but no response. Checked permissions and that the microphone is working. Everything looks okay, but nothing happens, as for another user who posted in Support. Chromebook.
- (2019-10-01) Philippe Schaer: Great add-on. Can't wait for improvements though, especially in the French version that i use (i am gratefull it exists in French). By example, "virgule" (comma) "point" (dot) doesn't work yet,as far as i know.
- (2019-08-24) Susan Kramer: I just added this extension and tried to use it in gmail. There's no microphone icon. Next to the usual blue Send box, is another blue box (w/ no text), and another blue Send box next to that. When I put my cursor over the middle blue box, thinking maybe that's the microphone, the buttons all started shaking, for lack of a better word. So I tried clicking on the middle blue button and got an error message that I need to add a receipient. Not sure why I'm not seeing the microphone. Any ideas? I've tried closing Chrome and reopening it, still with no luck. Thanks for your help!
- (2019-08-07) Steve Davey: Absolutely fantastic! Can't thank you enough.
- (2019-08-05) Ernst Grabovszki: Ist zwar wie jedes andere Diktiersystem nicht perfekt, aber eine großartige Hilfe.
- (2019-07-08) Pat Erler: Recognition quality, at least with my mic, ist top notch. But it doesn't insert the text at the cursor but at the bottom of the email. This is especially annoying as this means, it inserts the text below the signature.
- (2019-07-06) Shon Myers: this app NI
- (2019-07-02) Rich Siciliano: Works great for me, Thanks Greg Greg, Rich Rich
- (2019-06-20) Nickolaus Frey: Please note the date of this Review...6/20/19. I stumbled upon this app upon buying a new Dell Laptop in early June....and it made me crazy enough that I couldn't find this to add to my desktops that I and Google Gmail have had somewhat contentious series of conversations about why I could not find it for my Desk tops! (It is to be noted that I am nobody and probably less than nobody...but my contention that I would actually pay for this if I could get it for my other computers maybe caught their attention....lol) Get yourself a good mic...I bought thisFIFINE USB Microphone, Plug &Play Home Studio USB Condenser Microphone for Skype, Recordings for YouTube, Google Voice Search, Games(Windows/Mac)-K668 ) I write for a living, (and talk), so maybe my enunciation is particularly good....but I have struggled with voice dictation programs for some 10 plus years now....and this works for me. Amazing, a life changer. Sure you have to edit afterwards, and closely, and you then have to cut-n-paste onto letterhead a three page letter or memo or billing or whatever....but for me....this extension has been shockingly good.
- (2022-05-22, v:1.0.7) Yuval Brodsky: Error
Hello, I keep getting the message Error: An error has occurred. No further detail...It used to work well for me. I disabled all other extensions, reinstalled this one, restarted the browser, closed all other tabs, and tried a few other things, but still no luck. Can you please help debug? I really like using the extension. Thanks
- (2022-04-30, v:1.0.7) Rhonda D'Lamatter: Chrome OS can already do this.
Chrome OS has a dictation feature, located under accessibility. This setting can basically remove the need for this extension. So, who would use this extension on Chrome OS?
- (2022-04-01, v:1.0.7) Levi Joel: Grammar
Hey guys, How do i dictate for a new paragraph, full stop and question mark?
- (2022-03-25, v:1.0.7) Youness Salimi: agregar idioma arabe
porque la app no tiene idioma árabe cual es la problema ruego solucionar esta problema
- (2022-03-22, v:1.0.7) Robin Cornette: Dictation in Gmail
How do you get the microphone to show up to use the dictation feature. I installed it. It won't show up. I see that several others have asked the same question. Could the developer, please post a reply. Thank you.
- (2022-03-14, v:1.0.7) Tere Episale: I cannot get the microphone next to my send icon
It is added as an extension and pinned to the top of my screen however it appears that I am missing something because it is useless at this time. What do I need to do? Please?
- (2022-02-22, v:1.0.7) John Seng: Posting here is useless
It says "Contact the developer," but I see no responses posted more recently than 2 years ago. Also, we're not "contacting the developer." This is just posting to a site that no one looks at or responds to.
- (2022-02-22, v:1.0.7) John Seng: Cannot find/see microphone in Gmail
Hello, I keep reinstalling but it fails to display the microphone. It's useless and there's no clue how to fix.
- (2022-02-13, v:1.0.7) Ryan Angel: Punctuation and spaces
Hello I can use question marks etc? as well as make spaces?
- (2022-02-09, v:1.0.7) Dyane Beaudette: Dictate message to gmail
Is there a fee for this app?
- (2022-02-04, v:1.0.7) Jeff Hornback: NEED HELP!
Need Help No microphone appears when I open Google and the program is loaded. I am not getting the microphone icon...What am I not doing correctly?
- (2022-01-22, v:1.0.7) Maciej Wrochna: grammatical statements
Hello, How do I dictate grammatical statements with Dictation for Gmail? Are they working also in Hungarian and Polish?
- (2022-01-04, v:1.0.7) Tyler Allen: Questions for company approval before downloading
- (2021-12-29, v:1.0.7) Benson Fischer: Need Help
No microphone appears when I open Google and the program is loaded. works fine on another computer with the same Chrome account
- (2021-12-13, v:1.0.7) mark ifi: option for all lowercase
dictation for gmail leaves funky mid-sentence capitalisation if you stop or move around in the text while dictating, would you consider implementing an all-lowercase option?
- (2021-12-12, v:1.0.7) Rudy Thenon: probème micro
Bonjour, Le micro apparait bien mais quand je clique dessus il y a un message d' erreur ( Error: An error has occurred:Dismiss ) qui suit, pourtant tous les paramètres sont actifs et il y a bien le point rouge en haut de l' installation de l' extension de l' application, je ne comprends pas pourquoi il y a ce message d' erreur et que cela ne fonctionne pas Pouvez vous, svp, résoudre mon problème?? Merci d 'avance pour votre aide Cdlt
- (2021-12-10, v:1.0.7) Benson Fischer: installing
I added the app to my crome aps..but How do I ger it started??
- (2021-12-06, v:1.0.7) Tania Azevedo: Punctuation
Hello, Where can I find the commands available on this extension? Even the simple "full stop" or "return" or "question mark" don't seem to work?
- (2021-12-02, v:1.0.7) sabine: reconnaissance vocale gmail
j'ai installél'extension le micro n'apparait pas
- (2021-12-02, v:1.0.7) Jacques Romieu: changement de langue
Bonjour Comment changer de langue?
- (2021-12-01, v:1.0.7) Rayne Martin: Not working
I can't get the program to work. I have attempted to remove and add the extension several times. I have a MAC. Please help. I really want to be a user/customer of this. Thanks! Rayne
- (2021-11-05, v:1.0.7) Brian MacDonald: Brave browser
Hi, Does this work on Brave? Been trying for months and it does not work for me.
- (2021-11-02, v:1.0.7) Susan Langsjoen: how do i download dixtation tools for google gmails..theres noway on site to push button to download,,i have a microphone its on but shows no words on word pad letter or gmail. reply?
problem is described above sorry cant type well thats why need my microphone to produce words on screen for replys on gmail and for letters to create and send and print? i have a cheap mike that says its a ucb connected and bluelight is moving when i speak but dont know how to get this to work with edge and googlechrome im confused spent HOURSSSS on this today help?
- (2021-10-30, v:1.0.7) Bernard GUIGNOT: reconnaissance vocale
le francais n'est pas dans la liste de la reconnaissance vocale de gmail
- (2021-09-29, v:1.0.7) Marc Baribeaux: ous avons bien le micro à droite de "envoyer", mais lorsque l'on clique dessus, il est bien rouge, mais il ne réagit pas à notre voix... Merci
- (2021-09-27, v:1.0.7) phil Boreham: Dictation
Hi I installed the dication on Gmail. I allowed the Mic I press the mic on a email it lights up red and flashes when I speak but does not write, Can You tell Me why Please Thank You
- (2021-09-15, v:1.0.7) Devin Pappas: Wont turn on
The extension is in Chrome but it does not turn on or work.
- (2021-09-13, v:1.0.7) Drew Welch: Recording always?
I notice the red recording icon on the tab, "This tab is using your camera or microphone" Is this always recording even when not using the service on an email?
- (2021-09-09, v:1.0.7) Philippe Neelz: Le micro ne réagit pas
Bonjour, nous venons d'installer dictaphone sur l'ordinateur, nous avons bien le micro à droite de "envoyer", mais lorsque l'on clique dessus, il est bien rouge, mais il ne réagit pas à notre voix... Merci
- (2021-08-23, v:1.0.7) Sumana Chandrashekar: Grammar
Hi, how can this extension help me with grammatical statements? New paragraph, comma, period etc. Do help please. Thanks.
- (2021-08-10, v:1.0.7) Mordechai Lewis: Dictation for Gmail
Click https://screenrec.com/share/mtsaHTRrLz to see the issue.
- (2021-07-30, v:1.0.7) Christopher Fennell: Dictaion
I am trying to use dication in gmail which works yet I would like to sunderstand how you use gramatical statements e.g. comma, next paragraph, full stop etc ?
- (2021-07-22, v:1.0.7) Dan Bobilya: Using Extension with Multiple Drafts Open
I cannot use the app when I have multiple draft emails open in Gmail. That is very problematic for me. I have to close all other emails before using it. This will cause me to remove the app. Is there any way to avoid this problem?
- (2021-06-29, v:1.0.7) Steve Becker: Question on voice commands
First, very handy extension...nice to give my fingers a break once in awhile! Are there commands for things like delete and backspace? Thanks! Steve
- (2021-05-15, v:1.0.7) Petros Coroneos: Issue: i have tried to add extension
Ive added the extension and updated it / gave permission to the sites, but its not working
- (2021-05-13, v:1.0.7) Ryan Kempf: problem
it doesn't work correctly
- (2021-05-12, v:1.0.7) Gilbert Dufour: Dictation for Gmail
i all way get that message error. an error has aoccurred dismiss
- (2021-05-10, v:1.0.7) Free 2 Be: no microphone icon
Hello I just installed your extension but there is no microphone icon appearing to use. How can I activate it and see the microphone?
- (2021-05-01, v:1.0.7) Michel Salas: ajouter cette extension a gmail
je n'arrive pas a rjouter cette extension a mon g mail
- (2021-04-30, v:1.0.7) anne marie Gay: Consignes d'envoi de mail "Envoyer" également par dictee vocale ?
Bonjour , peut on donner des consignes d'envoi de mail également par dictee vocale ?
- (2021-04-22, v:1.0.7) Gregory Struck: error has occured
Microphone icon loads in Gmail but when I click on it I always get an error message that says, "An error has occurred." I can see that the extension is trying to access my microphone and it is allowing it to use it but still no luck. Thank you - Using Gmail ion windows 10 on edge browser.
- (2021-04-16, v:1.0.7) Soran Richards: Gmail voice
I would really Like if This became A full voice Assistant Like hey buddy etc
- (2021-04-08, v:1.0.7) Craig: list of commands?
How can I do these things - (do you have a list of commands?) semicolon; colon: period. full stop. comma, exclamation point! question mark? open parentheses (close parentheses) open quote" close quote" hyphen-slash new paragraph
- (2021-04-07, v:1.0.7) Angie Dong: "An error has occurred"
"Error: An error has occurred" this keeps coming up when I click on the mic please tell me how to solve this i'm running the brave browser on a windows 10 PC
- (2021-03-26, v:1.0.7) MIGUEL ANGEL LUCAS ROMERO: No funciona con cascos microfono
Una vez instalada la extensión, no me funciona con micrófono de diadema (auriculares con micro)
- (2021-03-25, v:1.0.7) Avi Tuschman: Keyboard shortcut // use on other websites
Is there a keyboard shortcut to activate/deactivate the dictation? How can I use this on other websites, such as Superhuman email which runs on top of Gmail? Many thanks!
- (2021-03-23, v:1.0.7) Professor Zone: Error
Microphone icon loads in Gmail but when I click on it I always get an error message that says, "An error has occurred." I can see that the extension is trying to access my microphone and it is allowing it to use it but still no luck. Thank you.
- (2021-03-21, v:1.0.7) Leo Roberts: Microphone not recognized
I have used your extension on a number of computers with great success. However, I just installed it on a computer with a webcam/microphone combo connected with USB. This works fine with ZOOM and all other applications. However, when I click the microphone of your application, it does not respond. Please help. Dr. Leo Roberts
- (2021-03-10, v:1.0.7) Walker Mills: visual enhancement
Hi, I am an OT working with students with visual limiations. Is there a way to increase the size or brighten (color) the microphone so the student can more easily locate it when attempting to dictate an email? Walker
- (2021-03-05, v:1.0.7) Tammy Krings: Downloaded extension and nothing has happened
Downloaded extension and nothing has happened to my Gmail account. I don't see the microphone icon at all. Suggestions/recommendations?