Check the contrast between different colour combinations against WCAG standards
======== BRAND NEW IN V2 ======== Pick a colour on the page you are on. You can now use the little eyedropper tool to pick any colour on the current web page you are on. Brand new layout. The checker is now added to the webpage you are on rather than being a pop up, which allows the eye dropper functionality to work ============================== Contrast and colour use are vital to accessibility. Users, including users with visual disabilities, must be able to perceive content on the page. By using this tool, you will be able to make sure that your colour combinations have a good enough contrast between them to meet the Level AA WCAG standards. As well as checking the contrast ratio between two colours, you can save your colour combinations (Maximum of 6) that you have entered and revisit them later. You also have the ability to copy the hex code values that you have entered to your clipboard. Simply press the icon to the side of the input and Bob's your uncle. If this is not enough to tickle your fancy, you can view the webpage version at https://colourcontrast.cc/ which comes with some extra goodies.
- (2021-06-28) Gabrielle: Simple & effective. Use this tool on the daily. Thanks for developing!
- (2021-04-15) Sophie Bryson: Technically, it works. But there is no explanation of the pass/fail results which makes this not appropriate to recommend to my non-tech savvy coworkers who need to test color contrast.
- (2021-03-04) Michael Harshbarger: Great tool to check colour contrast within your browser! Thanks Alex,
- (2021-02-24) Amara Eddins: Really wanted to try this tool, but I updated chrome, checked the extension was up to date, restarted my computer, forced quit chrome. Everything, just wouldn't work me, super disappointed and wasted some important work time. Maybe in the future I can try it again and give a more positive review.
- (2020-12-31) anonymous: Thank you so much for developing this extension. This helps me a lot.
- (2020-08-06) Amy Collins: I really like this idea but I wish it worked for while I was developing websites offline.
- (2020-07-30) Johannes: Actually this is a pretty good contrast checker. Definitely the best i've used so far. A few things could be better: - When clicking on the pipette for picking a color, it takes 1-2 seconds to load. Actually this is the point that annoys me the most. Would be great if that loads instantly. - In the top right are three action buttons that are cut on my computer. Don't know if that is a problem with my system or a general one. Should be investigated on. - The fail/pass badges a a bit to subtle for my opinion. Especially when modifying the color it would be nice to have a more prominent feedback (maybe failing is outlined and passing is solid color).
- (2020-07-22) David Ferris: Great tool!
- (2020-07-14) Saurav Bhuju: Nice UI and Works well
- (2020-01-15) Zuzana Kopanicová: love it
- (2020-01-10) Todd Shorrock: Fab little extension, does everything a designer could need for creating accessible online experiences. (Particularly love the eye dropper feature!)
- (2019-10-28) Joshua Vodkahäus: What a breath of fresh air, an actually usable contrast checker. The author obviously put thought into the design and it's a delight to use.
- (2019-10-10) Lou Knowles QA: Its great for Dev's and QA's for ensuring that your colours on your pages are AA or AAA compliant with accessibility standards. Love the new colour picker feature too
- (2019-10-10) Adam Pendlebury: Invaluable for real devs.
- (2019-10-09) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-09-18) Joe Parisi: Fantastic tool for developers!
- (2019-09-12) Illision: Love how easy this tool is to use. A simple, effective way to check colour contrast.
- (2019-08-26) Juraj Racek: eah
- (2019-05-31) Moujib Aghrout: Really cool!
- (2021-02-08, v:1.2.2) Eduardo Riffo Nuñez: Determinar su forma de uso en forma clara,como para un niño de 5 años.Tengo 78 años.
Lo instalé y no tengo idea ¿para que es?,¿como funciona? y ¿que hace?.Soy adulto mayor.
- (2019-11-05, v:1.0.1) Lauren Griffin: I'm not sure how to use this extension.
I go to the page and click the extension icon in my Chrome Menu and nothing happens. How do I activate this extension?
- (2019-08-17, v:0.0.3) christine KREMER: unstall
Do not like it
- (2019-08-11, v:0.0.3) Inés vilchez: desinstalar
me instale una app i ahora la quiero desinstalar y no la encuentro como le hago