Pick colors from your Web, compute contrast, get suggestions. Preview with challenged visions. Versatile Color Dev Extension Tool
The extension allows you to pick colors from a web site and test the contrast compliance with WCAG 2.0. A color picker with a magnifier glass facilitates the correct selection of the desired pixel, and even averages multiple pixels. Picked colors shows in the toolbar as background or foreground of text. The tool bar evaluates and displays the contrast and the success criteria. The toolbar menu offers choices for 10 challenged visions and some effects. A sample Text window lets you better see the look of your choices of color. It offers up to 3 choices for foreground colors with AAA compliant contrast.
- (2021-04-15) Sophie Bryson: Not easy to use or understand
- (2020-02-03) Stan Smith: Really like this tool. Good job, best i have found all around. Very handy and clean. wish list: 1) a PC desktop version so i could use it for more than just web pages like in Photoshop or when Rendering 3D 2) I like setting option that would make the color picker be the default interface when i click on the toolbar icon.
- (2018-08-21) Wesley Kurten: really useful and easy to use!
- (2018-08-08) Nick Welsh: This was ok. These are the steps to use it - Click their icon > Select the colour picker and use left click to choose a background colour and right click to choose a foreground colour > Click their icon again and you can see some suggestion colours. There’s a bunch of other Chrome extensions available, I’ve only tested two. If your main goal is to test some text on a webpage, see if it meets Level AA or Level AAA and find suggestions for alternative font colour, background colour, or font size to meet those levels then it requires much too much clicking all over the screen and could be made much easier to use. The ability to simulate various challenged visions is a nice touch.
- (2017-09-12) Ilias Bennani: I use this tool every day in order to check the contrast in images and on web components. It tells the result and the suggested alternative colours are also helpful.
- (2017-04-17) Ash Nallawalla: I have used it for a few years but in April 2017 the magnifying glass icon is positioned too far below the cursor, often out of sight. This makes it hard to position the cursor accurately.
- (2017-03-31) Lucaci Adrian: interesant
- (2016-07-08) Christopher VINCENT: C'est pas beau
- (2015-10-19) stanescu vlad: The seems to be very powerful and easy to use tool in the same time. I'm using this in my day-to-day work for front-end development.
- (2019-03-05, v:188.8.131.52) Ash Nallawalla: The magnifying glass keeps disappearing
Using Chrome 66.0 (but this problem has existed for a long time). After using the extension a few times, the magnifying glass disappears.
- (2017-12-09, v:184.108.40.206) JEFFERSON DAVIS: corrupted
Keeps telling me the extension is corrupted and disabling it. repair does not work.
- (2017-05-31, v:220.127.116.11) David Morris: Color Picker
When I initialize the color picker, it will only select black.