Easy, powerful CSS Selector generation.
Selector Gadget is an open source Chrome Extension that makes CSS selector generation and discovery on complicated sites a breeze. After having installed the extension, go to any page and launch it. A box will open in the bottom right of the website. Click on a page element that you would like your selector to match (it will turn green). SelectorGadget will then generate a minimal CSS selector for that element, and will highlight (yellow) everything that is matched by the selector. Now click on a highlighted element to remove it from the selector (red), or click on an unhighlighted element to add it to the selector. Through this process of selection and rejection, SelectorGadget helps you come up with the perfect CSS selector for your needs. There is a tutorial video and a bookmarklet version available at https://selectorgadget.com
- (2020-01-20) 夏春旭: 学习scrapy需要用css.
- (2019-12-16) Wietse de Vries: I need something like this to find unique selectors
- (2019-12-03) Mark Krieger: So old and still working so great to find CSS selectors for tweaks.
- (2019-11-24) Adrian Jagielak: The best helper for scraping
- (2019-10-07) Александр Евдокимов: BEST! THX MAN!
- (2019-10-06) Cake Jacob: Cool!!!
- (2019-08-21) Đỗ Anh Duy Trần: Just genius!
- (2019-06-19) Abhinav Rai: Such a time saver. Really amazing work there!
- (2019-06-09) Marc D: I dont even know what to say... really good. As someone learning scraping... I use it to see what logic its using to get these selector paths. Super informative and one hell of a time saver. Excellent job.
- (2019-05-09) Heath Howe: Freakin' awesome tool. I'm a test automation engineer who struggles with the right combo of CSS selector for related objects. This makes it as easy as I can imagine. Read the very quick "?" help, and use in combination with https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/trysel.asp. Only thing that I care about that is missing from that website is :contains("searching for this text"). Killer. Just killer.
- (2019-03-29) Nick Ward: Thank you! Already saved hours on day one...
- (2018-08-08) Henry Zhang: How do I use it with Scrapy???I pick an item and the box just gave me .text, how do I convert that into .css() something?
- (2018-04-24) Эл ьФ: Nice!
- (2018-02-22) Dennis Irorere: cool
- (2017-12-17) Boon Hong Goh: nice !
- (2017-10-31) ting wu: 好用
- (2017-09-17) Rahul Tiwari: Drastically reduces my eyes' effort for scraping web pages. Although not useful for some sites.
- (2017-08-17) Simon Ludwig: Thank you very Much :)
- (2017-06-24) The best extension of this kind.
- (2017-04-24) Shawn Graven: This does not give me the full path, not what I am looking for.
- (2017-02-27) rekaa0251: Excellent plugin, i use this whenever i need to find a jQuery ID.
- (2017-02-08) Ryan Chin: So useful. I don't have to dig the source code to determine what CSS classes and IDs are being used for specific parts of pages.
- (2016-12-13) Keith Tyler: It really only gives very basic selectors that aren't at all likely to be unique. This isn't useful for getting css selectors for testing and I would imagine on anything but the simplest of web sites, it wouldn't be any good for scraping either.
- (2016-09-24) 卢凯鹏: very very very good!
- (2016-08-17) Michael Zhang: It's real helpful and saves so much time in developing and testing, but don't use it too much when you are going to have a interview.
- (2019-11-11, v:1.1) Machine Learning: Doesn't select on Yellowpages.com
I tried selecting individual fields like restaurant name or Phone number on the below link. However, the selection is off i.e., when i point on restaurant name it highlights address & even when i click it says "No valid path found" Does this work with Yelllow pages? https://www.yellowpages.com/los-angeles-ca/mip/el-cid-restaurant-3134624
- (2019-06-18, v:1.1) Andrei Bintintan: Google Analytics?
This should be a "developer" add-on, why do you inject google-analytics?
- (2017-03-21, v:1.1) Sam Helmich: Doesn't work on local files?
I wrote up a simple little HTML file on my desktop in order to demonstrate to a few others how SelectorGadget works, and when I open the file in chrome (with the extension file:///<etc>, SelectorGadget doesn't seem to work.
- (2017-02-22, v:1.1) Aisulu Aisulu: не могу загрузить
все время выводит ошибку о загрузке
- (2016-12-07, v:1.1) pat OHara: Not selecting individual objects - selecting main div
Hi I initially installed SelectorGadget and it worked great. however now if I try to select an object on a page it selects object the whole page (div). If I open a new browser window individual objects become available to select. Not sure what is happening but would be helpful not having to keep a new browser window. Is there something I need to do in order to make sure it just selects individual objects and not the whole page? Thanks
- (2016-01-11, v:1.1) Hamed K: an error occured
this extension is not added to my google chrome , image decode fail