Save web pages as self-extracting HTML/ZIP hybrid files
SingleFileZ is a fork of SingleFile (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singlefile/mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle) that allows you to save a webpage as a self-extracting HTML file. This HTML file is also a valid ZIP file containing all the page resources. IMPORTANT: To open saved pages from the filesystem in Chrome, SingleFileZ must be already installed and the option "Allow access to file URLs" must be enabled in the details page of the extension (chrome://extensions/?id=offkdfbbigofcgdokjemgjpdockaafjg). Otherwise, Chrome must be started with the switch '--allow-file-access-from-files'. 1) Getting started - Wait until the page is fully loaded. - Click on the SingleFileZ button in the extension toolbar to save the page. 2) More info See the extension help in options page for more detailed information about the options, technical notes and known issues. Project on GitHub: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFileZ 3) Troubleshooting unknown issues Please follow these steps if you find an unknown issue: - Reset SingleFileZ options. - If resetting options did not fix the issue, restart the browser. - If restarting the browser did not fix the issue, try to disable all other extensions to see if there is a conflict. - If there is a conflict then try to determine against which extension(s). - Please report the issue with a short description on how to reproduce it here: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/issues..
- (2020-11-11) Faisal: LOVED IT
- (2020-09-21) Unknow0059: Amazing extension.
- (2020-09-20) raz lesbol: I am unable to see back the saved files on chrome even with url files allowed and java, even with 7-zip it would be good to change the name and extension to ***Z.html to indicate that it has been saved with single file Z and thus for me totally impossible to see back the saved files with "Allow access to file URLs" enabled in french of chrome !! Useless for me and i suppress this extension that could be very useful if it worked easily on win10 last update and chrome
- (2020-03-23) William Dimitrios Paraschas: This exceptional extension deserves a 5.0 rating. Thank you for your excellent work!
- (2020-02-13) Manivan Mx1: Just the concept, details published and the review is enough to get 4 stars.. will update soon after using it which I am sure will get 5 stars.. Great job.
- (2020-01-25) Nick Writer: Великолепное расширение. На некоторых страницах Singlefile отказывается сохранять мне страницу, в то время как Singlefilez справляется с этой проблемой. Другим критерием, на основании которого предпочтение отдаю Singlefilez, является возможность сохранения не всей, а только выделенной части страницы.
- (2019-12-30) moufeng hu: Same with Github demo, it's awesome
- (2019-11-28) Lowe Raivio: Like it alot. In windows, while using Previewpane and with Preview Handler enabled it will however cause problems; Explorer freezes. I had to disable .html files from the Preview Handler in order to avoid this problem. However SingleFile does not have this problem, I can view Those files in the Preview Plane. I like the Idea very much, it's like Dynamic PDF but it actually works. There's plenty of room for additional tools, such as a Editor; I downloaded a Page with SingleFilez, extracted the source, made some changes, opened it in Chrome again and redownloaded it; This allowed me to remove useless information, such as Ads, menus, comments, etc. It would be very cool if I could Change the content while viewing it, i.e. without redownloading the edited Page. Thanks, This is great! :)
- (2019-09-23) Mark Gallagher: This is the first time I felt inclined to leave a review because this extension deserves proper recognition. It's absolutely amazing what you've done here, been testing it for a few days and so far it's been working great on Vivaldi. Pages that 'Save Page WE' had issues with, this extension does it without a hitch. For example, older htm files that I have (from 10-15 years ago!) were able to be "converted" with this plugin unifying them into one file without breaking anything. Thank you, super happy I found this extension!
- (2019-09-21) XD Cedar: File name is some random characters and ext is .txt.. I have to change it myself to therealname.html.. Except that, everything goes very well! I really hope there would be an extension that downloads every single file in any page. mhtml is ok but its large volume is not elegant. This extension makes my dream come true.
- (2020-10-05, v:0.6.12) Prob_io: Invasion of privacy
I don't see why in the living hell this extension should ever ask for the permission to manage my passwords. Simply outrageous and unexplainable.
- (2020-02-06, v:0.4.6) Gildas Lormeau: SingleFileZ broken in Chrome 80
Google introduced an unexpected change in Chrome 80 that prevents SingleFileZ to work properly in Chrome. To open saved pages, you MUST run Chrome with the switch --allow-file-access-from-file. I created an issue here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1049604
- (2019-10-02, v:0.2.55) Geoffrey Florence: Crash when installing
My browser always crashes when I try to install this extension - just before the popup to confirm appears, any clue why? It has happened before (with SingleFile for instance) but retrying after that usually works.
- (2019-07-21, v:0.2.6) D B: compressed single file like maff used to be for firefox?
where did maff files go. what is the difference. updated web technologies, i guess. i hope this works as well as maffs. thanks
- (2019-06-02, v:0.1.9) Sean YIN: Excuse me, may I ask why I saved TXT file instead of HTML file when using it?
Excuse me, may I ask why I saved TXT file instead of HTML file when using it?