Productivity tools for Salesforce administrators and developers to inspect data and metadata directly from the Salesforce UI.
Extension to add a metadata layout on top of the standard Salesforce UI to improve the productivity and joy of Salesforce configuration, development, and integration work. See more at https://github.com/sorenkrabbe/Chrome-Salesforce-inspector (also available for firefox)
- (2020-04-06) John Climenhaga: An invaluable admin tool. I don't know why it isn't standard.
- (2020-04-01) Yannis Van de Velde: Huge fan of the Inspector! Using this tool every day as a Salesforce consultant. Biggest advantage to me is having the view of all data on the record, even though it's not on the page layout. Clicking through to the setup of a field makes this even more time saving.
- (2020-02-28) Bartek Dyczkowski: Great tool! This tool in combination with Workbench save so much time, everyday. Thanks!
- (2020-02-17) 郝永峰: Very powerful for import and export!!!
- (2020-02-12) Mikhail M. Nitko: Fantastic app for extracting data via SOQL queries!
- (2020-02-11) Elvira Khalilaieva: Totally love it! Very helpful tool!
- (2020-01-28) Madhu Navuluri: One of the best useful extension for salesforce. could you please allow to load data with null values. it would be very helpful
- (2020-01-23) Ameya Thatte: This is crazy! My productivity increased at least by 25% with this plug-in!
- (2020-01-17) Nicky Torstensson: Works like a charm!
- (2020-01-13) Nick Kallioinen: This is my third arm in Salesforce. Amazing set of tools in a small package
- (2020-01-10) CHAU CHING TEE: Must have it!
- (2019-12-06) Alex Barnes: I don't know what I would do without you Salesforce Inspector. It's like having the 'Keymaker' from The Matrix movies with you at all times.
- (2019-11-07) Riccardo Certelli: Fantastic and very easy to use. Very helpful for exporting and importing data in few seconds. Everytime I meet a SF user, I always suggest to install this plugin.
- (2019-10-24) ufuk anıl: Best Tool ever! Must Have!
- (2019-10-12) Fahad Rahat: This tool is just fantastic and very much time saving for day to day data import/export, update and management activities.
- (2019-10-10) Martin Roser: Super helpful tool!
- (2019-09-27) Kevin C Gall: Hands down best Salesforce tool.
- (2019-09-27) Hans-Peter Henkel: First class productivity boost! A must-have for all administrators.
- (2019-08-19) Rob Klemm: Use it constantly. SUPER helpful
- (2019-08-10) shoaib kamal: Very useful extension for field values debugging.
- (2019-08-01) Przemyslaw Tamoń: Absolutely the best "inspect" tool for SF I've ever been using. Don't remember when was the last time I opened Workbench. Fully recommend.
- (2019-06-30) Lotem Kaiser: Won't be able to manage SFDC without it - best tool.
- (2019-06-24) Yehuda Smith: I use this extension everyday!! its a great tool.
- (2019-06-21) R S: This is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Salesforce should hire/sponsor this guy. They should give him the keys and replace workbench with this.
- (2019-05-15) Roman Kudrin: Great extension which makes Salesforce developer live much easier. Thanks for developing and support it! Great job!
- (2020-05-08, v:1.10) Delaney Langston: Doesn't Work?
I have it installed, but can't seem to get it to work
- (2020-04-16, v:1.9) Clark Marie Garde: Changes Case owner when data is manipulated through Salesforce Inspector
Case owner is automatically updated/changed to System.user when data is manipulated through Salesforce Inspector
- (2020-04-15, v:1.9) Linda Nguyen: Stopped Working in Sandboxes
Only works in production but doesn't recognized my sandboxes anymore. I think it has something to do with the domain but I can't add the sandbox domains. :(
- (2020-04-14, v:1.9) Ansuman Patnaik: Not working
Why does it fail sometimes just for one instance? It makes it very useless as it fails when you need it the most :(:(
- (2020-04-11, v:1.9) Natalie Foley: I can't find "Show Field Metadata"
I'm using this in Lightning and I don't see the "Show Field Metadata" button in the menu. Is this an option that's available, and if so, how do I access it?
- (2020-04-09, v:1.9) Tiffany Stone: Possible Feature Request - Saved Queries
Is there a way to name the saved queries?
- (2020-03-06, v:1.9) Eric Nicholson: Copy (Excel Format) button not working as expected.
Copy (Excel Format) button not working as expected. When I paste exported data into excel, an additional blank column is being inserted between all the columns, and some some of the data from each column is also being pushed column right of it. Makes this feature unusable. I'm a long time inspector user that's used this feature countless times. This stopped working 2 days ago. Reproduce: Data Export > Export Data > wait until all data is exported > click Copy (Excel Format) button > switch to blank excel workbook > paste special > paste as Text Same result if I use simple paste (CTRL+V) into excel. Thank you, Eric
- (2020-02-25, v:1.9) Vin Sanzari: Event Log not working
Reinstalled Inspector on latest chrome version: Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit). When I access the Event Log sub tab under Lightning Tab, I can't select the Unhandled option...it does not stay selected...and I can not start a recording. Can you confirm that the inspector is running properly on latest version of Chrome? Thanks!!!
- (2020-02-13, v:1.9) Annie Lu: Date field is being rejected when doing the data import
I need to import to a date field with date value like "12/28/2018" with some other fields, all the other fields were imported correctly without any issue, but the date field is keeping on telling me that "12/28/2018" is not a valid value for the type.xsd:date.... but then what's the valid date format shall I be using? I actually got the date format by downloading the value from SalesForce's report on exactly the field that had the date field populated.....
- (2020-02-12, v:1.9) Dmitri Goreshnik: dont see the values when cklick on "Show all data"
on some reasone I dont see the values when cklick on "Show all data" and I cant check fields -> "value" checkbox becouse is greyed out Error retrieving record: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1130591768-16934 (-1754990658)
- (2020-02-10, v:1.9) Jen K: Is it possible to restrict the use of the program?
I want to restrict the use of some users in my company. Is it supported by the program itself?
- (2020-01-28, v:1.9) Madhu Navuluri: Allow insert null values
First of all i would like to thank you for the such a great tool, it save a lot of time and easy to use. Could you please add a feature to insert null values.
- (2020-01-26, v:1.9) Neta Orlovski: Inspector is not working in specific org
Hi, In most SF envs. this workd great I have a specific Org I'm working with (SB partial) in which I get nothing when opening the inspector If I press "Download Metadata" I get: DescribeMetadata (Error: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session. Session not found, missing session hash: HG+ZUx3hdaQ1Vm8eqVOB+P+SxerNXSQ0M/VEfYHdrXo= This error usually occurs after a session expires or a user logs out. Decoder: DataInDbSessionKeyDecoder) Tried to log in and out multiple times Tried to remove the inspector and re install it and it doesn't help Thanks, Neta
- (2020-01-26, v:1.9) Zach Lyndaker: Not able to use export function 50% of time
Hi, love this tool...blows my mind and helps me do so much of my job with ease! can you tell me why sometimes in the export feature even when i have allowed access to one of my instances that in the top banner of that page it will not show the instance info and says it cannot refresh metadata and therefore I cannot query ?
- (2019-12-30, v:1.9) Sam Tune: new to Salesforce inspector..
Hi, is there a tutorial for this? thanks!
- (2019-12-24, v:1.9) Scott Sutton: Org Limits Graph
Is there a way that you could add or allow configuration of colors for the Org Limits dials. We find that this tool is great but having a visual indicator would be amazing. (ie. > 80% usage) Thanks
- (2019-12-05, v:1.8) Janise Dismuke: Please bring back :-(
"Show field metadata" button is missing in Chrome
- (2019-12-04, v:1.8) Steven Wilson: show field metadata" button is missing in Chrome
show field metadata" button is missing in Chrome
- (2019-12-03, v:1.8) Ashley Hutchings: Show Field Metadata is missing
Hey Dev, I no longer see the "show field metadata" button when I expand Salesforce Inspector. This is what I primarily use SI for. Can you help me get this back? Co workers are having the same problem. Thanks.
- (2019-12-02, v:1.8) Elijah Botkin: View Metadata Gone?
Was the View Metadata (via hovering over an element) removed? I don't seem to have that anymore...
- (2019-11-27, v:1.7) Tommy Strickland: Show Field Metadata in Lightning
Is there anyway to enable the Show Field Metadata feature in Lightning?
- (2019-11-27, v:1.7) Stephanie Lambert: Export data
When i try to export in Excel format or CSV or anyone else .... there is no action. I tried with opened excel file or no ... but it's the same issue. I updated Salesforce inspector with the last version but no change. Thank you for your help
- (2019-11-12, v:1.7) Sridutt Chirivella: CipherCloud gateway support with Salesforce inspector
Hi, We've access SFDC via CipherCloud gateway that encrypts data before sending it to Salesforce and decrypt it back while retrieving it. But this extension is not being supported with CipherCloud login. The endpoint URL ends with the custom domain name. For example: *.abc.com which basically is a custom domain of CipherCloud Gateway (CCG). Can you please check if there is any way we can have inspector work via CCG if you can allow its custom domain. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks, Sridutt.
- (2019-10-31, v:1.7) Yann: Data Import : Object Missing
Hello, I'm having trouble using the Data Import tool. A lot of objects are missing from the list. What can I do ? Thanks
- (2019-10-30, v:1.7) Ilana Slutsky: UX to access Salesforce Inspector
I am having difficultly clicking on the arrow in the proper location to open Inspector. This is frustrating and takes a bit of time. I would suggest making the arrow larger so it protrudes more into the page.