A browser extension for debugging Google Analytics tracking code
Google Analytics Debugger is a devtools extension for exposing tracking beacon data to developers. Live data capture Capture tracking beacons for Traditional and Universal Analytics properties while you browse. Beacons are automatically grouped by page context, making it easy to identify how tracked events relate to each other. Beacon inspector Review meta data for every tracking beacon sent to the Google Analytics servers with the context sensitive inspector. Tracker properties Client information Document properties Page views Events E-commerce transactions User timings Social interactions Custom variables Custom dimensions Custom metrics Content groups Campaign tracking Multiple tracker Support Google Analytics supports multiple trackers on a single website, allowing specific metrics to be captured into different accounts. GA Debugger will capture beacons sent from every tracker on a page, grouping them together for easy navigation and interrogation.
- (2022-03-17) Casey Corcoran: This is a great tool for GA experts and non-experts alike. I use it on a daily basis and would love Keith Clark to consider making a GA4 version in the future.
- (2020-10-29) Justin Driskill: Works very inconsistently, so makes you think there are problems when there are not.
- (2020-02-24) Damian Savvides: This is a nice easy to view debugger, but it does miss pageview events, especially when the anayltics is installed as a gtag.js
- (2020-01-29) Dog Digital2: Thanks for that, brilliant!
- (2019-06-26) Chris Ward: Didn't seem to work? The extension icon was always greyed out, and no new tab was visible in the console?
- (2018-05-04) Elliott F: Very happy!
- (2018-01-10) Output is much cleaner and more understandable than the official Google GA debugger.
- (2017-09-19) Mika Chao: 簡單易看好檢查!
- (2017-07-04) Engage Group: This is an amazing GEM in a sea of debugging tools. Thank you!
- (2016-06-24) Sridhar Easwaran: lovely :) good for eyes :):)
- (2016-05-31) Bogdan Transcendentov: An instruction wouldn't harm. It's perfect in many ways. Thank you!
- (2016-04-13) Servaas Lückhoff: Stop adding console.log to all your tags and use this tool instead! It's a must have!
- (2015-11-18) Dono G: Awesome tool, Very comprehensive
- (2015-10-08) George B: the best ga extention, trust me