This extension will allow you to debug the Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Implementations. Current Features: * Preview Enhancer * Block GA3/GA4 Hits * Server Side Hits Support * [NEW] - GA4 * [NEW] - GTAG Support * DataLayer Pushes DataBase * Data Attributes Inspector * GA/Universal Hits debugging * Export as Table, Copy Objects * Enhanced Ecommerce Reports * View all dataLayer pushes * Copy dataLayer details to clipboard in a formatted way * View the current dataLayer model details for each dataLayer push * View all Universal Analytics Hits sent by pages * Filter the hits by their type and property ids * View the Enhanced Ecommerce Data in a visual and sortable way, no more wasting of * time trying to decryp the hits payloads * Check the hit payload size, type, method and if it’s contains any Enhanced Ecommerce data without needing to dig around the request headers and payload. Change Log VERSION 1.0.0 RELEASE DATE: NOV 17, 2021 Fix. GTM preview Issue VERSION 1.0.0 RELEASE DATE: NOV 16, 2021 - Full GA4 Support - Extension re-coded from Zero VERSION 0.3.0 RELEASE DATE: AUG 05, 2019 - [New Feature] APP + WEB ( GA4F SUPPORT ) - [New Feature] GTAG PUSHES SUPPORT - [Fixes] Several Fixes - [Improvments] CSS VERSION 0.2.2 RELEASE DATE: JUL 31, 2019 - [New Feature] Data Attributes Inspector Tool - [New Feature] DataLayer Pushes Database - [Fixes] Several Fixes VERSION 0.2.0 RELEASE DATE: JUL 16, 2019 - [refactor] Extension re-coded from Scratch - [refactor] Get rid of jQuery, switched from BootStrap to Bulma - [New Feature] New dataLayer Pushes Filtering - [New Feature] New hits filtering functionlity - [New Feature] New profiler in beta - [New Feature] Added multiple GTM/Optimize containers reporting support - [New Feature] Added multiple dataLayer Support - [Improvements] Added support for Sites using workers - [Improvements] Added support for Sites using ajax ( pushstates ) - [Improvements] Added support for new payloads keys - [Improvements] Extension size decreased by 18% ( -38kb ) - [Improvements] Reports are more accurate and faster to load - [Improvements] Removed all unneeded permissions, now extension need no special permissions to work. - [Improvements] Much better layour for portrait mode. GA and GTM reports are now splitted in order to be able to report sites missing one of the tools. VERSION 0.1.1 RELEASE DATE: NOV 30, 2018 - [BugFix] Description Missed on Manifest - [BugFix] GTM not detected on some sites VERSION 0.1.0 RELEASE DATE: NOV 30, 2018 - [New Feature] GA Legacy Support - [New Feature] View dataLayer Pushes as Tables - [New Feature] dataLayaer name and containers IDs are now reported - [New Feature] Status Codes / Redirections Reporting Added - [New Feature] Enhanced Ecommerce Report, Multi Properties Tracking support Added. - [New Feature] AMP GTM is now supported. It will report if a conmtainer is AMP based and the AMP dataLayer data if available. - [New Feature] Added hits indexes numbers. When hovering over them, a full preview for the current hit will be shown on a popup. No more need to collapse the hits to see the main content - [Improvement] Tables Columns are now sortable via Drag and Drop actions - [Improvement] Push State changes are now shown as new "page loads" - [Improvement] New Only GA mode is turned on automatically if GTM is not found on page - [Improvement] dataLayer pushes list will convert into a scroll if more than 10 pushes are hit. - [Bug Fixes] All reported bug till the date had been fixed (new to come ;P) - [ReFactor] All the code has been rewritten from Scratch. VERSION 0.0.4 RELEASE DATE:AUG 01, 2018 - [New Feature] Ecommerce Hits headers shows the dimension names instead of keys - [New Feature] Enhanced Ecommerce Tab shows a live counter of the current Actions sent - [New Feature] Hits Parameters can now be "translated" to definitions - [New Feature] Total ECC Hits Report Overview Block - [New Feature] Added Promotions Clicks Reporting - [New Feature] Added Checkout Options Reporting - [Improvement] GTM Detection Improved, now it's more reliable and faster. - [Improvement] CSS Tweaks - [Improvement] Reported URL is now adapted to current viewport, full url still visible onhover - [Improvement] Enhanced Ecommerce Reports are not consolidated - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting failing if no products on the push ( checkout steps ) - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting failed if products dimensions lenght were not the same on the hit - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting if there were more than 2 tables sorting only worked for the first one - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Checkout Steps Products Reporting if not products on the payload - [Bug Fix] Race Condition preventing UA Filtering Select to show up for some pages - [Bug Fix] decodeURIComponent giving URI mal-format errors for some values ( % ) VERSION 0.0.3 RELEASE DATE:JUL 14, 2018 [New Feature] - Enhanced Ecommerce Report Beta ( Demo Video: YouTube ) [Bug Fix] - Console Errors thrown to console on console on some sites. [Bug Fix] - Hit/Properties filters not applying to the proper page report. [Bug Fix] - Clipboard always sending back the last page details pushes info instead of the requested one. [Bug Fix] - Hit details expands not working properly. Now they are expanded properly. VERSION 0.0.2 (FIRST PUBLIC RELEASE) RELEASE DATE:JUL 7, 2018
- (2021-11-24) Francisco Morales: Excelente herramienta!!! mejora el debug nativo de GTM, añade debug en AMP (desde GTM a estas alturas no es posible) y ofrece una serie de utilidades que harán tu vida más fácil, gracias https://www.thyngster.com un gran trabajo.
- (2021-11-24) Ilpo Ryynänen: I use this tool at least weekly whenever I need to debug UA/GA4. Thanks David for creating it and I hope you continue improving it!
- (2021-11-23) Carlos Gutiérrez: Best Chrome extension to debug GTM/GA. Great jobb
- (2021-11-19) Analytics 1: The plugin I use everyday as someone working daily with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics. Every agency should use this extension.
- (2021-11-18) Gordon McCallum: It's a great extension, but the Nov update actually breaks GTM preview mode - doesn't track beyond the first page in the Tag Assistant. Please fix!
- (2021-11-18) Dawid Maleszka: after the last update the debugging mode in GTM does not work properly. After turning off the plug, it is ok
- (2021-11-18) Alfredo Mezquita: The new version is amazing. Fantastic work! It would be awesome if the extension would be able to preserve the configuration through navigation (tab selection and hit filters applied). E.g. You may want to debug only GA data so if you are in the GA tab and click on a web link, the new hit would be opened automatically in the GA tab and not in the GTM/GTAG tab (which is the default tab after each hit). The same with the filters at hit level. This would save a ton of time. Other than that, it's an awesome tool! Fantastic work!
- (2021-11-17) Вячеслав Бибичев: Супер расширение, которое спасает жизнь и время :D Спасибо автору!
- (2021-09-30) Filip Vidak: I know close to nothing about all this google analytics stuff and this is still easy to use and find what I need as a QA.
- (2021-07-14) malikiz: dont work with localhost
- (2021-06-28) Вячеслав Хавлин: This is debugger which simple getting a single throw error "GTM/GA/GA4 DETECTION 404'ED", after scan process. And it work with localhost?
- (2021-06-03) Ed Sweeney: Thank you for a great plugin! Saves so much time and is super useful!
- (2021-05-06) Anna Pisarenko: Расширение не работает(
- (2021-04-22) Francois Gendronneau: Muchas gracias David for this tool! I've been using it from day one and now I use it every day! Sometimes the GA4 tab just keep on spinning but I guess this is more to do with the GA4 requests not being sent yet (sent in batch). Very well done :-)
- (2021-04-07) Brian Foor: Doesn't work at all.
- (2021-02-24) Michael Igor Popov: Best GTM and GA debugger. Thank you for making it!
- (2021-01-06) Chih-Hsuan Fan: Best extensions for debugging GA-related tracking
- (2020-12-11) Pedro: Saved my life with the awful brand new GTM debugger update. For the folks desperate with connection issues, this is the PLUGIN :)
- (2020-12-09) Marcom Lted.: La mejor tool para debuguear GTM, GA y G4
- (2020-12-03) CiouLong Lee: 好用，方便測試
- (2020-11-19) Jemma Ayre MAG: The GA4F tab isnt working now
- (2020-10-27) Alfi Syahri: I hope you will add support for AMP Page
- (2020-10-18) Roberto Ballester: Ey Analyst! This is the best GA (and now GA4) Debug app. Give it a try and you wont be disappointed. All your debug data organized and ready to audit.
- (2020-09-27) Edward S: Excellent plugin! Much better than GA Debugger which I used to use. Now this is my go to plugin for auditing GTM.
- (2020-09-21) Thomas Lerch: Deserves 5 Stars as it works like a charm :D I just went through all ratings and saw the 1 star rating. So I post a rating here to make up for the 1 star rating this plugin got undeservingly.
- (2020-09-16) M M: Only works when it wants to. Will randomly open when the tag manager assistant is open but so far it's only done it once. Will not open on it's own. Trying to open using the tang manager assistant manually does nothing, then when clicking on the debug icon it just takes me back to this page.
- (2020-09-07) Jose Tomas Rosales: Is it me or in the latest updates this extension is accessing chrome-search //local-ntp/local-ntp.html?
- (2020-07-29) Kerem Beyazıt: Best plugin for GA.
- (2020-07-27) Tom Parker: I'm sure it would be very good if it worked, but it stays on the hello page, with a 404 error for the driver.min.js.map file, tried on my desktop and laptop and the same for both.
- (2020-07-08) Tobias Schmidt: My number one tool for debugging. While you can search for the GA collect in network, this is MUCH faster and more powerful.
- (2020-04-12) Matt Michels: Easy to use, and great for testing and debugging!
- (2020-03-17) Robin van Heukelum: The official Debug pane from GTM didnt work properly on my webpage. This thing does! This rocks!
- (2020-03-13) Felipe V: I'm not able to make it work in Brave :( Just installed it and it says: "Hello! It looks it's the first browser session where you opened the extension. Don't worry we've got you covered, please just click reload button in your browser or press F5." But this message never goes away. I've tested it with no extensions and yeah, it seems like it is the browser itself.
- (2020-01-08) Diogo Da Silva: Can't work without it!
- (2019-10-15) Zevent Kat: looks good but sadly I can't use it, each time that I try to use it my browser get broken with the "aw, snap!" message.
- (2019-08-23) Dmitry Osiyuk: Very useful extension!) Thanks!
- (2019-08-14) Great plugin. Can i buy a bear?
- (2019-08-01) Banco Itau: Excellent extension. I've add a clear tag button though
- (2019-07-16) Mike Harmanos: Incredibly comprehensive. It has saved me time and effort again and again. Thanks!
- (2019-07-04) Brendan Armstrong: Great tool! History of page views is especially useful to check previous tags fired
- (2019-04-24) Jyri Vuorinen: Absolutely best tool to debug GTM/GA stuff!
- (2019-02-12) Martin Engelbrekt Rossander: Great tool for debugging Google DataLayer state and pushes
- (2019-01-25) damupi mupi: Thanks so much for making our lives easier.
- (2018-09-25) Stu Bowker: Very well thought out, making life far simpler for debugging. Love it!
- (2018-09-06) Brian Clifton: There are a number of similar tools out there, but this is by far the most thought-through and comprehensive. Its in my toolbox and used regular. A huge time saver.
- (2018-07-21) Markus Baersch: best plugin for debugging enhanced e-commerce implementations. love it :)
- (2018-07-19) Drazen Ferencic: Great and useful extension!
- (2018-07-11) Adimedia Dpto. Marketing: Une lo mejor de las extensiones GA Debug y del Debugger de GTM y muestra toda la información mucho más clara y ordenada. Sobre todo es útil para ver las virtual pageview que estás enviando
- (2018-07-06) Victor C: Really cool extension. It has a nice looking design.
- (2021-11-20, v:1.0.0) Jérémy Potoczny: blocking of gtm debug tool information feedback
Hello, I noticed that the GTM debugging tool no longer loaded information after the first page loaded. After some research and deactivation of chrome extension, everything works again normally when I deactivate your chrome extension. I am on version 1.0.0. Hope you find the problem. Your extension is really very useful. Thank you
- (2021-04-12, v:0.4.0) Nimish SGG3: EEC shows disabled
Hi, I want to use EEC feature but is disabled.I can't click on it. Is there any way to enable it?
- (2021-02-09, v:0.4.0) Benjamin Calderon Testa: Extension stop working
Hi, Since december the GA part of the tool stop working on chrome and all I get is a loader that never stops. I can see the GTM/GTAG info, but GA never shows. Is it possible that something is blocking the tool? Thanks!
- (2021-01-23, v:0.4.0) Seoyun Heo: How to activate this extension?
Hi there, I only see one green and dark grey line in the console in Chrome. Re-installation didn't help to solve the issue. Would you like to guide me how to activate the extension?
- (2020-11-19, v:0.3.2) Jemma Ayre MAG: The GA4F tab isnt working
Hi, I am using this URL https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/ but when on open up GTM/GA debug the GA4F tab isn't displaying the events just has a green processing line flashing. It was working a few days ago. The GA tab works fine. Thanks
- (2020-10-27, v:0.3.2) Тимур Тогызбаев: Error in runtime
VM1528:1 Uncaught TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON --> starting at object with constructor 'SVGSVGElement' | property '_DOMIndexerInfo' -> object with constructor 'Object' --- property 'nativeNode' closes the circle at JSON.stringify Randomly getting this error on production, after error gtm debug stops tracking events
- (2020-10-23, v:0.3.2) Yavuz Secer: Debugger doesn't show even details anymore
For some reason the gtm/ga debugger doesn't seem to work for me anymore. When i reload the page to get the debugger started, it tries to list all the events for the current site but instead it says "GTM/GA/GTAG not detected"
- (2020-10-14, v:0.3.2) Thomas Walter: It opens, but it does not work
Hi David, when I open the GTM/GA Debug tab in Chrome developer tools it says: -- Hello! It looks it's the first browser session where you opened the extension. Don't worry we've got you covered, please just click reload button in your browser or press F5. Read more about this extension [ Button ] -- Reload does not help, the button does not work, nor does the burger menu in the upper right corner. Do you have any hint what could cause this behaviour?
- (2020-09-27, v:0.3.2) Edward S: Can this work in Chrome Incognito mode?
I keep getting this message in Incognito mode. Regardless of how many times I refresh it, the message still appears. https://i.imgur.com/aOHpsCi.png Any way to get the plugin to work in Incognito mode? Thanks!
- (2020-09-22, v:0.3.2) Steve Bowsher: Export results
Hi David, Firstly, I LOVE this tool - it's awesome and I pretty much use it daily. My suggestion (and it's probably been mentioned before or even already available?) is to have some sort of export functionality akin to the ObservePoint Tag Debugger. The reason for asking for this functionality is that when working with developers/engineers on implementation it's useful to provide them with a summary xls with what is and is not firing on each page of the site. At the moment I'm using the ObservePoint tool for this but I find your tool much easier and intuitive to use. Regards, Steve
- (2020-08-19, v:0.3.1) Павел Мрыкин: Please add time of hits
Please add time of hits on tabs
- (2020-08-04, v:0.3.1) Nayab Siddique Shaik: Profiler Beta is disabled in GTA/GM Debug
After opening the Chrome Development tool, when I click the GTM/GA Debug on Horizontal Navigation I can only see GA and Tools are enabled. All other buttons are disabled.
- (2020-07-28, v:0.3.1) Palak Soni: GTM/GA Debug is not working
After installation and while checking Data Layer it not working Even I Refresh the page as it is mentioned when 1st time you are using. Showing Button as named: Read More about this extension and while clicking on it not proceeding further Could you please help any other setting i need to do do let me know
- (2020-05-09, v:0.3.0) Ivan Gajate: String.trim bug
- (2020-05-07, v:0.3.0) LRDG - Marketing Team: Not working?
I'll tried all the different options when on GA or GTM and it's not working. Do I have to do anything special to make it work?
- (2020-04-16, v:0.3.0) Yasmeen Sheikh: doesnt work this extension
this extension not working , i am following all routes but it wont work. i deleted and install 3 times but wont work. please help me.
- (2020-03-02, v:0.3.0) Alban Leandri: "add" Enhanced Ecommerce actionFieldObject
I see a discrepency between 'impressions' and 'add' EE events regarding how to data passed in Enhanced Ecommerce is formated in GTM/GA debug extension. For 'impressions' type EE data, the data is formatted in a table with a header including For 'add', the table is not showing, it's actually empty until I click "1" below, then the data shows in a table, but without any header. (makes it harder to know what columns is what data) Thank you for developing this nice extension by the way.
- (2020-02-24, v:0.3.0) Lachlan Brown: Not working in Chrome
Similar issue as other comments here. With "when you click extension" setting i get reload message, but then it doesn't run. Opening the extension dialog, clicking GTM/GA Debug link just takes me to the chrome web store. Tried restarting everything but same result.
- (2020-02-13, v:0.3.0) Chris g: Usage
I don't understand how to use this extension. I open the page that is in question, click the extension, and nothing. Sometimes it will say "reload this page to debug" and when I reload and click again, it gives no options. What am I missing?
- (2020-01-23, v:0.3.0) Aleš Vitinger: This addon deletes czech symbol š in some instances
Hello, in some cases I noticed that czech symbol š gets deleted by this addon. I noticed it in Trello card names and in Google Drive search box. The letter is deleted only on first and last position. For example i typ in Google Drive search box "šablona lešení aleš" (it means template and my name) hit enter and it becomes "ablona lešení ale". I tried disabling all addons and identified this one as the responsible. Im using Chrome on Win 10.
- (2019-12-14, v:0.3.0) Łukasz Rysiak: How to enable Profiler?
How can I enable Profiler?
- (2019-12-06, v:0.3.0) Tomáš Kafka: It would help to remember the active tab between pageviews
Hello, I love your extension! I am mostly using it to debug GA calls, but it always (on every page load) jumps to first (GTM) tab, it would be great if it could remember the tab, so that I can click through a site and monitor GA events. Thanks!
- (2019-09-16, v:0.3.0) Pavel Podkopajev: Conflicts
After installing and using this extension I am no longer able to login to my 1Password account and my bank account keeps throwing errors at me. After disabling it, all works fine. I like to use this plugin, but it has some issues I believe?
- (2019-08-19, v:0.3.0) Robert Laverty: GitHub source repo?
Can you please post a link to the source code? Thanks
- (2019-04-11, v:0.1.1) Rostislav Kaleta: cant switch tabs from Home to Enhanced Ecommerce
above, latest chrome canary and extension version
- (2019-04-03, v:0.1.1) eric fader: causing issues
Hi: I recently installed your extension but what winds up happening is that it generates thousands of requests each time a page loads. Eric