Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Debugging Tool
This extension will allow you to debug the Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Implementations. Current Features: * [NEW] - APP+WEB ( GA4F ) * [NEW] - GTAG Support * DataLayer Pushes DataBase * Data Attributes Inspector * GA/Universal Hits debugging * Export as Table, Copy Objects * Enhanced Ecommerce Reports * View all dataLayer pushes * Copy dataLayer details to clipboard in a formatted way * View the current dataLayer model details for each dataLayer push * View all Universal Analytics Hits sent by pages * Filter the hits by their type and property ids * View the Enhanced Ecommerce Data in a visual and sortable way, no more wasting of * time trying to decryp the hits payloads * Check the hit payload size, type, method and if it’s contains any Enhanced Ecommerce data without needing to dig around the request headers and payload. Change Log VERSION 0.3.0 RELEASE DATE: AUG 05, 2019 - [New Feature] APP + WEB ( GA4F SUPPORT ) - [New Feature] GTAG PUSHES SUPPORT - [Fixes] Several Fixes - [Improvments] CSS VERSION 0.2.2 RELEASE DATE: JUL 31, 2019 - [New Feature] Data Attributes Inspector Tool - [New Feature] DataLayer Pushes Database - [Fixes] Several Fixes VERSION 0.2.0 RELEASE DATE: JUL 16, 2019 - [refactor] Extension re-coded from Scratch - [refactor] Get rid of jQuery, switched from BootStrap to Bulma - [New Feature] New dataLayer Pushes Filtering - [New Feature] New hits filtering functionlity - [New Feature] New profiler in beta - [New Feature] Added multiple GTM/Optimize containers reporting support - [New Feature] Added multiple dataLayer Support - [Improvements] Added support for Sites using workers - [Improvements] Added support for Sites using ajax ( pushstates ) - [Improvements] Added support for new payloads keys - [Improvements] Extension size decreased by 18% ( -38kb ) - [Improvements] Reports are more accurate and faster to load - [Improvements] Removed all unneeded permissions, now extension need no special permissions to work. - [Improvements] Much better layour for portrait mode. GA and GTM reports are now splitted in order to be able to report sites missing one of the tools. VERSION 0.1.1 RELEASE DATE: NOV 30, 2018 - [BugFix] Description Missed on Manifest - [BugFix] GTM not detected on some sites VERSION 0.1.0 RELEASE DATE: NOV 30, 2018 - [New Feature] GA Legacy Support - [New Feature] View dataLayer Pushes as Tables - [New Feature] dataLayaer name and containers IDs are now reported - [New Feature] Status Codes / Redirections Reporting Added - [New Feature] Enhanced Ecommerce Report, Multi Properties Tracking support Added. - [New Feature] AMP GTM is now supported. It will report if a conmtainer is AMP based and the AMP dataLayer data if available. - [New Feature] Added hits indexes numbers. When hovering over them, a full preview for the current hit will be shown on a popup. No more need to collapse the hits to see the main content - [Improvement] Tables Columns are now sortable via Drag and Drop actions - [Improvement] Push State changes are now shown as new "page loads" - [Improvement] New Only GA mode is turned on automatically if GTM is not found on page - [Improvement] dataLayer pushes list will convert into a scroll if more than 10 pushes are hit. - [Bug Fixes] All reported bug till the date had been fixed (new to come ;P) - [ReFactor] All the code has been rewritten from Scratch. VERSION 0.0.4 RELEASE DATE:AUG 01, 2018 - [New Feature] Ecommerce Hits headers shows the dimension names instead of keys - [New Feature] Enhanced Ecommerce Tab shows a live counter of the current Actions sent - [New Feature] Hits Parameters can now be "translated" to definitions - [New Feature] Total ECC Hits Report Overview Block - [New Feature] Added Promotions Clicks Reporting - [New Feature] Added Checkout Options Reporting - [Improvement] GTM Detection Improved, now it's more reliable and faster. - [Improvement] CSS Tweaks - [Improvement] Reported URL is now adapted to current viewport, full url still visible onhover - [Improvement] Enhanced Ecommerce Reports are not consolidated - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting failing if no products on the push ( checkout steps ) - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting failed if products dimensions lenght were not the same on the hit - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting if there were more than 2 tables sorting only worked for the first one - [Bug Fix] Enhanced Ecommerce Checkout Steps Products Reporting if not products on the payload - [Bug Fix] Race Condition preventing UA Filtering Select to show up for some pages - [Bug Fix] decodeURIComponent giving URI mal-format errors for some values ( % ) VERSION 0.0.3 RELEASE DATE:JUL 14, 2018 [New Feature] - Enhanced Ecommerce Report Beta ( Demo Video: YouTube ) [Bug Fix] - Console Errors thrown to console on console on some sites. [Bug Fix] - Hit/Properties filters not applying to the proper page report. [Bug Fix] - Clipboard always sending back the last page details pushes info instead of the requested one. [Bug Fix] - Hit details expands not working properly. Now they are expanded properly. VERSION 0.0.2 (FIRST PUBLIC RELEASE) RELEASE DATE:JUL 7, 2018
- (2020-01-08) Diogo Da Silva: Can't work without it!
- (2019-10-15) Zevent Kat: looks good but sadly I can't use it, each time that I try to use it my browser get broken with the "aw, snap!" message.
- (2019-08-23) Dmitry Osiyuk: Very useful extension!) Thanks!
- (2019-08-14) Diogo da Silva: Great plugin. Can i buy a bear?
- (2019-08-01) Banco Itau: Excellent extension. I've add a clear tag button though
- (2019-07-16) Mike Harmanos: Incredibly comprehensive. It has saved me time and effort again and again. Thanks!
- (2019-07-04) Brendan Armstrong: Great tool! History of page views is especially useful to check previous tags fired
- (2019-04-24) Jyri Vuorinen: Absolutely best tool to debug GTM/GA stuff!
- (2019-02-12) Martin Engelbrekt Rossander: Great tool for debugging Google DataLayer state and pushes
- (2019-01-25) damupi mupi: Thanks so much for making our lives easier.
- (2018-09-25) Stu Bowker: Very well thought out, making life far simpler for debugging. Love it!
- (2018-09-06) Brian Clifton: There are a number of similar tools out there, but this is by far the most thought-through and comprehensive. Its in my toolbox and used regular. A huge time saver.
- (2018-07-21) Markus Baersch: best plugin for debugging enhanced e-commerce implementations. love it :)
- (2018-07-19) Drazen Ferencic: Great and useful extension!
- (2018-07-11) Analítica Adisocial: Une lo mejor de las extensiones GA Debug y del Debugger de GTM y muestra toda la información mucho más clara y ordenada. Sobre todo es útil para ver las virtual pageview que estás enviando
- (2018-07-06) Victor C: Really cool extension. It has a nice looking design.
- (2020-02-24, v:0.3.0) Lachlan Brown: Not working in Chrome
Similar issue as other comments here. With "when you click extension" setting i get reload message, but then it doesn't run. Opening the extension dialog, clicking GTM/GA Debug link just takes me to the chrome web store. Tried restarting everything but same result.
- (2020-02-13, v:0.3.0) Chris g: Usage
I don't understand how to use this extension. I open the page that is in question, click the extension, and nothing. Sometimes it will say "reload this page to debug" and when I reload and click again, it gives no options. What am I missing?
- (2020-01-23, v:0.3.0) Aleš Vitinger: This addon deletes czech symbol š in some instances
Hello, in some cases I noticed that czech symbol š gets deleted by this addon. I noticed it in Trello card names and in Google Drive search box. The letter is deleted only on first and last position. For example i typ in Google Drive search box "šablona lešení aleš" (it means template and my name) hit enter and it becomes "ablona lešení ale". I tried disabling all addons and identified this one as the responsible. Im using Chrome on Win 10.
- (2019-12-14, v:0.3.0) Łukasz Rysiak: How to enable Profiler?
How can I enable Profiler?
- (2019-12-06, v:0.3.0) Tomáš Kafka: It would help to remember the active tab between pageviews
Hello, I love your extension! I am mostly using it to debug GA calls, but it always (on every page load) jumps to first (GTM) tab, it would be great if it could remember the tab, so that I can click through a site and monitor GA events. Thanks!
- (2019-09-16, v:0.3.0) Pavel Podkopajev: Conflicts
After installing and using this extension I am no longer able to login to my 1Password account and my bank account keeps throwing errors at me. After disabling it, all works fine. I like to use this plugin, but it has some issues I believe?
- (2019-08-19, v:0.3.0) Robert Laverty: GitHub source repo?
Can you please post a link to the source code? Thanks
- (2019-04-11, v:0.1.1) Rostislav Kaleta: cant switch tabs from Home to Enhanced Ecommerce
above, latest chrome canary and extension version
- (2019-04-03, v:0.1.1) eric fader: causing issues
Hi: I recently installed your extension but what winds up happening is that it generates thousands of requests each time a page loads. Eric