Make the internet less addictive with nudges that help you avoid distraction
❓ What does it do? ➡️ Spend more than two minutes on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, and a notification will pop up, encouraging you to close the tab. ➡️ What you need, when you need it - automatically hides the distracting parts of popular websites ➡️ Friction - Fighting our impulses to visit distracting websites, Shift displays a slider that you have to move to access the sites ➡️ Gentle nudges - Shift displays rings when you've spent too much time on a distracting site 🧘 Intentions - to guide your day - Click on the text on the New Tab page to set your intention - Enter your intention into the text box and click "ok" (An intention is a guiding principle for how you want to live, and a way to bring heart and mind into alignment) ⚙️ Options - You can easily change the notification frequency, distracting sites list, and so much more - Click the Siempo icon in the top right corner of Chrome, then click Options ❓ About - Siempo does not block websites. It will help you snap out of the mesmerized state by telling you how much time you spent on the site. - You can configure the notification time and the site list in the extension options. - You have to spend more than a fifth of the notification time (around 24 seconds by default) away from a blacklisted site, to reset the timer. - Shift by Siempo is free software under the GPL 3.0 license. Get the source code from - https://github.com/Get-Siempo/siempo-browser-ext - Siempo also has an Android Launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.siempo.phone 🤐 Privacy Siempo does not collect any personal data or statistics. It stores the time you spend on websites only until you close the browser. The site blacklist and notification time settings are stored with the browser sync storage. They will sync with your Google account, if you sign in. 💡 Help & Suggestions - [email protected] ✉️ Get in touch Email us - [email protected] Patreon - http://patreon.com/siempo Reddit - reddit.com/r/siempo Discord - https://discord.gg/KWZRMRs Blog - https://medium.com/@getsiempo Twitter - http://twitter.com/getsiempo Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/getsiempo/ Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/getsiempo/
- (2020-01-27) Nikita Vaizin: Beautiful extension. It's a pity that the developers have stopped developing it. There are a few serious bugs. I've written a letter to support but got no response. Even with those flaws, all Siempo apps are beautiful and helpful.
- (2020-01-17) Mostafa Moghaddam: I have to uninstall it because there is no way to disable new tab feature.
- (2019-08-11) Mick Eventide: Repeatedly disables itself. With chrome saying "this extension may of been corrupted". Also, please alow us to bulk add websites to our list. LOVE THIS CONCEPT AND EXECUTION THOUGH
- (2019-07-30) J.D. Lindsay: Would love an option to use extension without the new tab page. Otherwise awesome.
- (2019-07-30) guillaume de nacquard: Une super extension qui ralentit mon envie d'aller sur des sites qui me distraient :)
- (2019-07-01) André Santos: Truly incredible