Translate directly from kindle cloud reader
★★★★★ Select any text in Kindle Cloud Reader and another window with the translation will open. Click the extension icon to open the settings. You can change which translation engine to use. You can manually edit the url to control which dictionary to use. ★★★★★ Troubleshooting and support: 1. Make sure the domain is one of: read.amazon.com, read.amazon.ca, lessen.amazon.de, leggi.amazon.it, ler.amazon.com.br, lesen.amazon.de, lire.amazon.fr, read.amazon.co.jp, read.amazon.co.uk, read.amazon.com.au, read.amazon.in, leer.amazon.es, leer.amazon.com.mx (if you use another domain please write me and i will add it) 2. Refresh the page 3. Open developer console copy content and open a support request. I will try to fix as soon as possible. ★★★★★ If you have any functionality suggestion feel free to leave it as a comment and i will do my best to implement it. If you find this extension useful don't forget to rate and share it. The source code is available at https://github.com/motiko/kcr-translate-ext ★★★★★ This extension is inspired by this article- https://learnoutlive.com/german-english-dictionary-kindle-cloud-reader/
- (2021-04-14) Shneor Koritz: Awesome
- (2021-04-14) Moti Korets: Works as expected
- (2021-04-13) זאק שקלרניק: nice!
- (2021-04-13) mark borohov: Great extension, very useful for me!!
- (2021-03-23) info sang-arun.com: Super! Works as a charm
- (2021-03-15) Matteo G.: When I select a word or phrase, the popup with the translator appears immediately. This is ok, but I lose the ability to highlight a line or add a note. How can I highlight a line with the plugin installed?
- (2021-03-10) Werd Lert: Does exactly what it's supposed to do. Huge time saver.
- (2021-02-16) Eko Pambudi: thank you
- (2021-01-24) Darren Yim: Great help learning german
- (2020-12-25) Ryan Seymore: Broken. Doesn't work, even after following support documentation.
- (2020-11-29) Pedro Pereira: Worked great when I first installed it. It stopped working recently: the message "Kindle Readed Widnow not found: trying again in 1second .." is printed on the console forever.
- (2020-11-25) MARK ETIN: Both this application and the bookmark option doesn't work for me now. On the consule commad it is written: "Kindle Readed Widnow not found: trying again in 1 second.."
- (2020-11-23) dimaaxm: Не работает
- (2020-11-12) Jordan W: I really like the idea and it fits my needs. Unfortunetaly, every time I use the extension I have to manually switch to another language. When the window pops up it's always EN->EN. I tried to change options, restarts etc. nothing helps. I would be very thankful for an advice.
- (2020-11-07) Richard Riley: Thank you so much. I wonder at the people who design things like the kindle reader in chrome - why the hell would they stop us copying snippets of text so we can translate or quote? Mind boggling. And it will only get worse.
- (2020-08-31) Иван Санин: Hello. Thanks a lot for this extension. Unfortunately it doesn't store my settings after save (language settings). Extension translates text just in English (default language). Can you fix it?
- (2020-07-17) Andrew Dineen: Flawless
- (2020-07-13) Beatriz Silva: Até o momento está funcionando! Para quem usar o leitor no Brasil ao invés de entrar no link ler.amazon, é necessário trocar para reader.amazon.com em inglês porque assim pega.
- (2020-01-23) Miller Brummett: Would give 6 starts if possible. This extension is amazing and it's just what I needed. I read books in the foreign language I want to learn, and I simply highlight the term or sentence I want to translate, then a new window opens with the Google Translation I need. I am signed into chrome, so this pop-up window is also signed in. I add the translation to my favorites by clicking on the star, then I can export a .csv file containing all my translations so I can then make flashcards (with Anki). Thank you for making this extension.
- (2019-12-13) Jonathan Leduc: I don't hate it, the Google rating system is putting words in my mouth. It simply doesn't work... I installed it today into Chrome, loaded up Kindle Cloud Reader and when I highlight text, it just gives me the built in options to "Highlight" or "Note". Checked Options, all look ok. Am I doing something wrong? If not it seems to be broken...?
- (2019-07-01) Aviad Efergan: I love this extension!
- (2019-06-28) shmuel ko: Very useful and simple app to use ,that save time to translate.
- (2019-06-27) Tekant GÜNDOĞAN: practical if you are learning and reading in new language and seek help from google's translation service
Hi, After the installation of your extension, I see the below error every second. This disappears when I disable the extension. Translation still works. Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ?asin=B07T1D9L5K:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ?asin=B07T1D9L5K:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ?asin=B07T1D9L5K:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. Regards, Joga
- (2021-04-10, v:0.1.1) ronny schelfhout: select language
hello, fantastic app, really very happy, installed the latest version, use with google chrome, want to translate standard to dutch (previously this was working perfectly), but now translates all the time in english, tried to change the settings, but remains english. really great experience for the rest, read all my english books much faster in my own language
- (2021-03-15, v:0.1.1) Matteo G.: Highlight a line or add a note
When I select a word or phrase, the popup with the translator appears immediately. This is ok, but I lose the ability to highlight a line or add a note. How can I highlight a line with the plugin installed?
- (2020-12-27, v:0.0.14) Leslie Geary: Does not work
I have tried all suggestions. On console "Kindle Readed Window not found" Nothing works.
- (2020-12-25, v:0.0.14) Human tasX: it does not work
when ı try yo translate selected area, iy shows just note and highlight.
- (2020-12-12, v:0.0.14) Pablo Salamanca: Es posible cambiar el idioma al que se traduce por defecto
Para poder cambiar el idioma al que se traduce por defecto lo primero que tienen que hacer es ir a la configuración de la extensión. Para ello, vayan al apartado de "Extensiones", localicen la extensión "Traductor de Kindle Cloud Reader" y pulsen en el icono de 3 puntos que hay a la derecha e indica más acciones. Entre estás acciones aparecerá "Configuración". Una vez que estamos en la configuración de la extensión, seleccionen "Opciones de extensión" y se abrirá una ventana con la "URL", "Translate from" y "Translate to". En el campo URL podrán modificar el idioma al que se quiere realizar la traducción. Por defecto está puesta esta url "https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/". Las dos ultimas letras de la url indican el idioma. Para cambiarlo a español, por ejemplo, deberemos cambiar las dos ultimas letras "es", quedando la url de esta forma "https://translate.google.com/#auto/es/". Después, pulsamos en el botón "Save" y guardamos los cambios. Ya está listo. Ahora, cada vez que utilicemos la extensión para traducir, el idioma que utilizar por defecto será el español (o el que ustedes hayan seleccionado).
- (2020-11-29, v:0.0.14) Adrian C: mexico
could you add the domain https://leer.amazon.com.mx/
- (2020-11-27, v:0.0.14) Clayton Harmon: Kindle cloud reader translate
I love this extention but at the moment it is not funcioning for me. I had been using it everyday for the last 2 months or so but for some unknown reason it has stoped working for me. I was using it to help me learn spanish. I love it and i would love to use it again.
- (2020-11-12, v:0.0.14) Jordan W: Doesn't work as intended
I really like the idea and it fits my needs. Unfortunetaly, every time I use the extension I have to manually switch to another language. When the window pops up it's always EN->EN. I tried to change options, restarts etc. nothing helps. I would be very thankful for an advice.
- (2020-07-05, v:0.0.11) Melisa Astrini: unable to enable offline support.
unable to enable offline support. asked me to update latest google chrome. but my chrome is up to date.
- (2020-06-05, v:0.0.11) A. Klink: Add instant voice translation?
Great work on Kindle Cloud Reader Translate! Would it be possible to add an option to the app to automatically trigger the text-to-speech feature of Google Translate? Often I also want to listen to the pronunciation, but it becomes a lot of mouse moving and clicking. Thanks!
- (2020-05-18, v:0.0.11) S. Aigner: I think I know why
hey there, just tried to installed your add on, had the same problem like others. I tried several things (system restrictions, no ad blocker etc.) and I finally found out, that you have to have the same url like is deposited by you, namely: https://read.amazon.com/*. For example, I used it automatically via the German version: https://lesen.amazon.de. In this way the add-on doesnt correlate with your deposited url. So I used the https://read.amazon.com/* version for my book, signed it as usual and it worked. :) Happy! I think this will solve the same problem for may other not-American-users. I wanted to post it here, but at the moment somehow I'm not allowed to post a feedback by Google itself. Lovely greetings from Germany Simona
- (2020-04-25, v:0.0.11) Ethan Solomita: Extension does not activate when I highlight text
As others have mentioned, the extension no longer seems to work. When I highlight text in the reader, a pop-up is generated by the Kindle website, but nothing comes up from your extension. Yes, I've reloaded. I'm not sure how to help diagnose the issue.
- (2020-03-14, v:0.0.11) Raymond Barglow: kindle reader translate extension for gogle.
doesn't work. Same problem that others have reported: Upon selecting text, i just get the "highlight note" choice, no new window> Developer screen reads: [Deprecation] Application Cache API manifest selection is deprecated and will be removed in M82, around April 2020. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6192449487634432 for more details. read.amazon.com/:1 Document was loaded from Application Cache with manifest https://read.amazon.com/offline/cache.manifest ?asin=B08473BF1R:1 Application Cache Checking event ?asin=B08473BF1R:1 Application Cache NoUpdate event DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map KindleApp-min.js:36 [Deprecation] Application Cache API use is deprecated and will be removed in M82, around April 2020. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6192449487634432 for more details. initialize @ KindleApp-min.js:36 a @ KindleApp-min.js:37 e @ KindleApp-min.js:37 (anonymous) @ KindleApp-min.js:312 o @ KindleCommon.js:3 add @ KindleCommon.js:3 then @ KindleCommon.js:3 define @ KindleApp-min.js:312 initialize @ KindleApp-min.js:38 initialize @ KindleApp-min.js:83 load (async) (anonymous) @ ?asin=B08473BF1R:52 DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map ?asin=B08473BF1R:1 Application Cache Checking event DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map ?asin=B08473BF1R:1 Application Cache NoUpdate event DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map KindleApp-min.js:48 hiding library 2DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map 2DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map THANKS FOR YOUR HELP RESOLVING THIS. Raymond Barglow Berkeley
- (2019-11-08, v:0.0.11) Keyaan Gogia: Not working
- (2019-08-19, v:0.0.11) Francesco Dattolo: It's not working
I installed it on Chrome 61.0.3163.79 (Build ufficiale) (a 64 bit). The Google console developer of chrome no errors.
- (2019-06-18, v:0.0.1) Fabio Colombini: Not working
It´s not working in my Chrome v.74. I´ve installed the extention, closed and opened the browser, opened the Kindle Cloud Reader, selected a word in the book, but not happens, just