Adds instant Google Search and Translate functionality to the Kindle Cloud Reader.
NEW! Kindle Optimizer Pro: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kindle-optimizer-pro/ijjlplhneljggogpbfpaekeaanecoaab -- Kindle Optimizer helps you - Search text from Kindle Cloud Reader in Google Search in an instance - Translate text from Kindle Cloud Reader in Google Translate in an instance - Copy text or pictures from Kindle Cloud Reader to a separate window. How to use: 1. Add Kindle Optimizer from Chrome Web Store. 2. Log in to your Kindle Cloud Reader account. 3. Enjoy! -- Alert! The Kindle Optimizer Pro buy button is disabled for people in some countries. If this happens to you, there are three options: 1. Pay directly through PayPal: https://paypal.me/kindleoptimizer 2. Pay directly through credit card or Amazon Pay: https://couponmarketinggroup.com/kindle-optimizer/login-page?email=your email address 3. Install the Firefox version here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/kindle-optimizer-pro-firefox/ -- ¡Alerta! El botón de compra Kindle Optimizer Pro está deshabilitado para personas en algunos países. Si esto te sucede, hay tres opciones: 1. Pague directamente a través de PayPal: https://paypal.me/kindleoptimizer 2. Pague directamente con tarjeta de crédito o Amazon Pay: https://couponmarketinggroup.com/kindle-optimizer/login-page?email=dirección de correo electrónico 3. Instale la versión de Firefox aquí: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/kindle-optimizer-pro-firefox/ -- Alerta! O botão de compra Kindle Optimizer Pro está desativado para pessoas em alguns países. Se isso acontecer com você, existem três opções: 1. Pague diretamente pelo PayPal: https://paypal.me/kindleoptimizer 2. Pague diretamente por cartão de crédito ou Amazon Pay: https://couponmarketinggroup.com/kindle-optimizer/login-page?email=endereço de e-mail 3. Instale a versão do Firefox aqui: https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-BR/firefox/addon/kindle-optimizer-pro-firefox/ -- Donate: https://paypal.me/kindleoptimizer What's new in version 4.4: - Added compatibility with Kindle Optimizer Cloud You can now save citations to the cloud and export them in APA / MLA format (requires Kindle Optimizer Cloud subscription) What's new in version 4.3: - Add pause / resume text to speech button for paid users. Reduce horizontal length of menu. What's new in version 4.2: - Text to speech fix for paid users What's new in version 4.1: - Enable manual payment for countries not supported by Chrome Web Store Payments. What's new in version 4.0: - Kindle Optimizer is now a free trial for Kindle Optimizer Pro. For a limited time, we are selling Kindle Optimizer Pro at an extremely low price to ease the transition. If you've enjoyed using Kindle Optimizer over the past few years, please purchase Kindle Optimizer Pro. Thanks! What's new in version 3.9: - Stop menu from going over the edge of the screen when a single word is selected What's new in version 3.8: - Added disabled Kindle Optimizer Pro Features - Kindle Optimizer compatibility updates for Kindle Optimizer Pro - Removed url tags What's new in version 3.7: - Fixed 3.6 Regression What's new in version 3.6: - Bug fixes What's new in version 3.5: - Fix copy functionality that Amazon broke What's new in version 3.4: - Tag updates What's new in version 3.3: - Fixed 3.2 Regression What's new in version 3.2: - Internal Refactoring What's new in version 3.1: - Bug fixes What's new in version 3.0: - Integrate internationalized url tags What's new in version 2.9: - Added support for Simplified Chinese detection in Chrome What's new in version 2.8: - Bug fixes What's new in version 2.7: 1. Kindle Cloud Reader in Japan is now supported - https://read.amazon.co.jp/ 2. Kindle Cloud Reader in India is now supported - https://read.amazon.in/ What's new in version 2.6: - Google Translate target language is set to be the same as browser language. What's new in version 2.5: - Fixed incorrect UK domain name What's new in version 2.4: - Translate language is set to be the latest language that was used in Google Translate What's new in version 2.3: - Kindle Cloud Reader in Australia is now supported https://read.amazon.com.au/ What's new in version 2.2: - Kindle Cloud Reader in Brazil is now supported https://ler.amazon.com.br/ What's new in version 2.1: 'Search' functionality bug fixed. What's new in version 2.0: 1. Kindle Cloud Reader in Italy is now supported - https://leggi.amazon.it Additional domains may be added by request. What's new in version 1.9: 1. Kindle Cloud Reader in France is now supported - https://lire.amazon.fr Additional domains may be added by request. What's new in version 1.8: 1. Extension is enabled by default in following domains - amazon.com - amazon.ca - amazon.de - amazon.uk Additional domains may be added by request. What's new in version 1.7: 1. Now extension is available on every local amazon site. Enjoy. 2. An icon for the extension was added to be shown in Chrome Extensions page. What's new in version 1.6: 1. Default language to be opened in Google translate was set to French. Known issues: 1. First time a text is selected additional 'Search','Translate' and 'Copy' tabs may not appear in pop-up(the workaround is to select text again). 2. Due to current design 'Delete Highlight' title may lay upon 'Note'/ 'Edit Note' title. NOTES: 1. It is based on the open source from https://github.com/binarycrafts/ACRExtensions
- (2020-12-27) Sam Plug: Simply doesn't work. I can only see the two original buttons, nothing else.
- (2020-12-27) Lindsay Mathieson: Does not work.
- (2020-12-23) TJ Wilson: I do not hate thia app, it simply does nothing, both in in Chrome OS and Windows 10. Just completed a Chrome OS Powerwash, so every setting is generic. Six error messages in Console [Ctrl-Alt +J] m=consumer:2070 [Deprecation] chrome.loadTimes() is deprecated, instead use standardized API: nextHopProtocol in Navigation Timing 2. https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5637885046816768. (anonymous) @ m=consumer:2070 ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED 25m=consumer:1430 Vote status: undefined null:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () 19m=consumer:1430 Vote status: undefined EN6wDQsj2R1wg5g8xPSXQp4Z2Uk2KI75zcXBPaFOoqYo4dX9-7cFthiG5XBMYGgIoyzJKcYKWw=w220-h140-e365-rj-sc0x00ffffff:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () null:1 GET https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kindle-optimizer/null 404 Image (async) Yb @ m=consumer:109 mr @ m=consumer:378 RM.S @ m=consumer:1276 is @ m=consumer:400 g.Oe @ m=consumer:402 g.ka @ m=consumer:401 oM @ m=consumer:1248 BN @ m=consumer:1304 AN.af @ m=consumer:1303 g.N @ m=consumer:1246 is @ m=consumer:400 bs.render @ m=consumer:399 us @ m=consumer:406 Jba @ m=consumer:1909 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:1911 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:1244 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:1302 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:1292 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:1292 g.Jp @ m=consumer:1289 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:712 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:711 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:682 (anonymous) @ m=consumer:67 c @ m=consumer:545 setTimeout (async) c.<computed> @ m=consumer:547 qo @ m=consumer:291 d.te @ m=consumer:682 g.zg @ m=consumer:598 Fw.uh @ m=consumer:594 Fw.ba @ m=consumer:594 g.bm @ m=consumer:611 lo @ m=consumer:288 g.dispatchEvent @ m=consumer:286 Kv @ m=consumer:556 Av.M @ m=consumer:555 c @ m=consumer:545 Av.U @ m=consumer:555 XMLHttpRequest.send (async) Av.send @ m=consumer:553 g.rn @ m=consumer:610 Ow @ m=consumer:594 Iw @ m=consumer:593 Fw.send @ m=consumer:590 g.send @ m=consumer:572 dz.send @ m=consumer:683 Mz @ m=consumer:697 g.np @ m=consumer:1288 c @ m=consumer:545 EN6wDQsj2R1wg5g8xPSXQp4Z2Uk2KI75zcXBPaFOoqYo4dX9-7cFthiG5XBMYGgIoyzJKcYKWw=w220-h140-e365-rj-sc0x00ffffff:1 GET https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EN6wDQsj2R1wg5g8xPSXQp4Z2Uk2KI75zcXBPaFOoqYo4dX9-7cFthiG5XBMYGgIoyzJKcYKWw=w220-h140-e365-rj-sc0x00ffffff 404
- (2020-12-13) Steven Sagona: doesnt work
- (2020-08-27) Anoushka Dubey: This worked for about three days, then I noticed that the copy to clipboard featured had stopped working. The same piece of text was being copied not the only I was intending to copy. It worked great previously so I would like to know if there is a way to fix this.
- (2020-07-16) Mario Martinez: It seems that the extension is good, but unfortunately it does not work for the Mexico site: https://leer.amazon.com.mx Can you do something?
- (2020-01-31) Hans Haufe: Horrible just a cover to get you to install the pro version barely works
- (2019-12-31) Carole Hunter: I loved this too...but also for me, it now seems to be not working anymore. Aaargh! Please help?
- (2019-10-17) Hong Da Tang: Require you to pay to use its features. Total scam.
- (2019-10-17) Captain Obvious: Works as advertised with awesome support. I use this along side Note Extractor for Kindle to export all my kindle notes and highlights. (tiny.cc/notex, or https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/note-extractor-for-kindle/ibeckfniallenijicobjjgnkebkgicgm)
- (2019-10-14) John Cooney: I understand monetization and free trials before purchase--but I expect honesty up front; Kindle Optimizer's Chrome Web Store landing page touts "NEW! Kindle Optimizer Pro!," while displaying the web address for the pro version--but never mentions the crippled functionality of the the original version (the version being downloaded/added to Chrome)--which actually disrupts use of the Kindle Cloud Reader as soon as Cloud Reader is opened (without any user-engagement with Kindle Optimizer). Immediately after installing Kindle Optimizer, every attempt to use Kindle Cloud Reader results in a pop-up nag window from Optimizer; this force-opens the Chrome Web Store page for the Pro version, regardless of whether you acknowledge the up-sell pitch (by clicking "OK") or or dismissing it (using the Escape key). Then, when you close the new tab and return to Cloud Reader, the pop-up returns! Your only options are A) alternately close the new tab and the pop-up until it finally works--or B) read with the pop-up in your face! When attempting to use the extension (by selecting text and opening the Optimizer interface), depending upon the feature you choose, you get another pop-up telling you that you've used 1 of 4 trial instances of that feature--or you get the previously-mentioned nag window, followed by the force-open of the Optimizer Pro extension page in the Chrome Web Store (and the same challenge closing them) as described above! Against my better judgment, I purchased the pro version--despite my reluctance to reward "bad behavior" bullying tactics--based upon good reviews and because the features seemed to genuinely add much-need functionality to Cloud Reader (which I'm stuck with, because I'm using a Chromebook; there is no stand-alone Kindle Reader app/program that I can download and use). Now that I've purchased the pro version, I've discovered that in addition to the features that were limited/disabled in the free version and included in the pro version, there is at least one feature ("Cite") that starts the vicious nag pop-up/web store cycle by actually directing me to ANOTHER Chrome Web Store page, this time, requiring a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION for a cloud-based service in order to store those citations--instead of even offering a way to use create the citations for local use (copy to clipboard or into a text pop-up, for example). And, for what it's worth (though this is a performance concern, not an abuse issue), Optimizer does not work the first time after opening/refreshing Cloud Reader: you need to select text and engage the Optimizer's interface--then close it, re-select the word/phrase, re-open the Optimizer interface--then, finally--use the feature (unless you want to create a citation without a monthly cloud subscription, of course). I reported both the original and pro version to Google for abuse: 1.) For original Kindle Optimizer, for pseudo-ransomware behavior. Yes, I know that I could have disabled/removed the Optimizer extension (as far as I know--I didn't try), but not everyone knows that, or knows how to--but in any case, Optimizer shouldn't functionally disable/cripple Kindle Cloud Reader--a separate extension from another developer. 2.) For the "Pro" version, due to the bait-and-switch tactics of requiring an additional monthly cloud storage subscription in order to use some "Pro" features--even after purchasing the pro version of the extension (with no prior explanation).
- (2019-09-09) Youssef EL ASERY: It's not work for me
- (2019-08-29) Nikolay Dimov: It bugs with a message to buy the pro version EVERY TIME you open or close a book! Unusable...
- (2019-08-28) Mariano Martene: Honestly, just do a Pro version, since this is useless.
- (2019-08-16) Harold Bradley III: Short answer: This plugin no longer work. Don't bother paying for the "Pro" version, there is a free extension forked from when this plugin still worked. Search for the "ReaderTools" extension. (or copy and paste this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readertools/ddplgjilhfboobldlegckoackmpgggbf) Longer answer: This was a decent plugin until it was recently taken over. :/ The new owners have created a "Pro" version of the plugin with features that I'm personally not interested in. In general, offering a premium paid extension is a good way for developers to make money off their work. Those who want the extra features are usually willing and able to pay for them. But intentionally crippling a working extension that was originally free is not the way to do that. Fortunately, the code for this extension when it was still working was open source licensed under the MIT license. This means I was able to create a new plugin called "ReaderTools" using the existing code. I plan to fix a few of the existing bugs and extend some of its functionality. Check it out.
- (2019-07-16) Webysther Nunes: Every time i open the tab showing is trial? Please...
- (2019-07-14) Freelance Services: This is awesome. I loved this!
- (2019-06-13) genial
- (2019-05-26) Jonn Galt: Does not appear to work with Kindle Cloud Reader on Microsoft Chromium Edge.
- (2019-04-27) Ho James: 它對我的學習很有用，它可以通過highlight功能導出我的text複製。 student can copy text now.
- (2019-02-25) Eric Saboia: Works great to copy content
- (2019-02-08) Loved it until the extension auto-updated and caused the copy feature to output to a blank page. And when a different user contacted developer Andrel Cheremskoy through github, his reply to the user was that AndrewCh commented Nov 25, 2018 "I do not maintain this app anymore since it was sold to another party." So is anyone going to maintain/support Kindle Optimizer? If not, how about adding previous versions of the extension to github so users can revert to a working version of the extension? Otherwise, very much needed extension. Thanks!
- (2019-02-05) As of 2/5/2019, this extension doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?
- (2019-01-14) David Razidlo: This does exactly what I needed it to do and saves me a lot of time taking notes. Thank you!
- (2018-10-10) renato cavalcante: muito bom. facilita. vale a pena para quem sabe usar
- (2018-09-14) מיכאל גנון: thank u this is awesome!!!!!
- (2018-09-12) Sam Torrance: I loved this! However, it's not working for me anymore. When I click "copy" the "about blank" box which usually appears with the text is blank. Is anyone having the same problem? Any solutions?
- (2018-08-27) Benjamin Orozco: Thank you!
- (2018-08-19) Fernando S.G.: Super tool!
- (2018-06-01) Josh Kass: Finally something that allows me to copy text! Something that should always have been there.
- (2018-05-28) Guangli Du: I have a problem when clicking the instant translation. Why Russian is set as the default target language? How can I change it to English?
- (2018-04-21) Dennis Parish: Almost perfect; F5 reboot knocks off one star.
- (2018-04-04) Dan Jordan: Five stars because it provides a sorely needed capability to Kindle Cloud Reader and performs that task as expected. Thanks!
- (2018-07-02, v:2.9) Not Working
not sure why it's not working. Have tested by installing on a new chrome identity, same computer MBP, with no other plugin/extensions (beyond LastPass, Google Drive and Kindle Optimizer) to test. 1) At first try it did not work. 2)Then I closed Chrome, and rebooted and the Extension icon is Red (i.e. Kindle Optimizer is "ON") 3) However did the same on my Chrome Identity and No Go, did not work. 3.1) Turned extension off and on, did not work. 3.2)Removed extension and added and did not work. Etc.
- (2018-06-06, v:2.8) English drama Official: Translate not work
Hi, when I click "Translate", another Chrome tab opened with URL "https://translate.google.com/#auto/zh/cohesivenes", however, this link only open a default google translate page without any translation. Please help. I am reading book from https://read.amazon.com/ My Kindle Optimizer is just downloaded today.
- (2018-05-17, v:2.7) Mike JaGang: Unable to copy from Kindle reader
I am able to highlight but still unable to copy and paste from the Kindle Cloud reader. I'm using windows 10 and a chrome browser. When I select text and then click copy, the window comes up but there is no copied text. Thank you. Mike Willis
- (2018-05-12, v:2.6) Kunal Tolani: Amazon India
Works fine on read.amazon.com, not on read.amazon.in. Can you add it to the list? Thanks!
- (2018-05-09, v:2.6) Alicia Mitchell: Request to add Japanese domain
Could you please add Amazon Japann to the list of supported domains? https://read.amazon.co.jp/ Thank you!
- (2018-03-12, v:2.5) El: Not working on Mac
Nothing happens on mac even after a hard refresh
- (2018-01-11, v:2.5) Ana Luisa Orsolini: Does it work in Macbook pro?
Does it support Brazilian domain? I access https://ler.amazon.com.br/ from a Macbook pro and the icon is grey.
- (2018-01-02, v:2.5) Kate G: Reading goals
I would find it useful to be able to set a goal for reading a set number of pages a day or to set a goal to complete reading a book by a certain date, then have the extension tell me how much I need to read a day. Is this something you would consider developing?
- (2017-12-18, v:2.5) Instructions
I was concerned momentarily being the Add-In was greyed out. I'm trying to use the copy text feature. I tried closing Kindle Cloud reader, open. Highlighting something, no copy option. However, I opened command prompt in Admin mode and typed "taskkill /im chrome* /f which forces chrome.exe to close completely on WIN7 WIN10 workstations. When I relaunched Chrome. Went to read.amazon.com, I highlighted text, and there was the copy option which outputs to a second window. Then simply perform a CTRL+A (copy all) and control+P for paste to another document. Works. Instructions not that great. Someone might want to consider updating the use case scenario.
- (2017-11-21, v:2.5) Not working
It doesn´t seem to work at ler.amazon.com.br... Is there any tip? Tks!