This extension brings the the TIDY HTML Validation library to your browser. You will no longer need remote services to validate your HTML(5). This is the first offline HTML validator for Chrome. For more information on the project, see http://www.kingsquare.nl/html-validator ** PLEASE NOTE ** Please restart your browser after installing the extension. Open the development tools panel to activate the validator. Every page will get validated automatically, check the flag at the end of your address bar to see the current status. See the last tab of the development tools to get a full report.
- (2019-02-28) Patrick Gallagher: Might like it if I could get it to do something. Does not seem to check anything.
- (2017-11-27) Lodewijk Abrahams: Why does this module not qualified the display video's at the nu.nl?
- (2016-06-23) Paul Brown: too finicky Should just show errors
- (2015-10-29) maksim: Good plugin, but the output format is **horrible**...
- (2015-10-15) Raymond DeCampo: Tried this on a site that passed the W3C validator and got spurious warnings (e.g. no DOCTYPE even though DOCTYPE existed, warnings about leftmargin on <body> when there was no such atribute). Also does not work on AJAX sites as far as I could see. Final nail is that if developer tools were not already open, requires a reload to validate.
- (2015-09-09) Daniel Bengtsson: Opening a local file does not update the validation until you reload an unrelated non local page. Reloading the local file itself does nothing.
- (2015-08-16) Ulaş ÖNCÜL: The information produced is not useful...
- (2014-08-15) Dennis Eichhorn: Horrible errors/warning.
- (2014-05-13) Gerben Tiele: Works okay but false UTF8 errors are flooding the results.
- (2014-04-10) Robb Charnock: pro: incorporated into dev tools, thats great! con: just outputs text, it would be really nice if it linked back to the elements tab or something.
- (2013-10-24) mmm oude gdrive: Great plugin! a bit more info around warnings and errors (some context maybe..) would be nice though..
- (2013-10-18) kotak saya: I love this one so much, error message are important especially if you're want to know the error. Agree with some commentators, that it would be nice if the next version use highlighting in error message :D
- (2013-09-03) Aaron Adams: Not a terrible plugin, but it can't handle UTF-8 encoded characters on UTF-8 encoded pages. It spits out warnings for each and every character, which rapidly gets tiresome.
- (2013-06-28) Abe Petrillo: I gave it 4 as it works offline which I've been looking for for a while. Gives the validation by line number, would be more helpful if you could highlight the element. If the code is on github I don't mind having a look at implementing this?
- (2013-02-12) Mathias Schreiber: Coming from Firefoxes validator I miss some small things. First off, I dislike having to enable it everytime I re-open a page. Second the error messages could use some love, though for a techy they are good enough. all in all: ok.
- (2012-11-18) Ionel Cristian Mărieș: Error messages are useless
- (2012-10-10) Sergio Vera: At least a validator that doesn't depend on external services! The integration with Chrome is great, but for a next version I would like to see the warnings list with some formatting applied... right now, it looks a little messy. Anyway, nice work!
- (2012-09-13) Hilde Skjølberg: Would probably love it if I could get it to work...
- (2012-08-27) Robin Speekenbrink: Have long awaited this since moving from firefox to chrome for development... Nice to see this implemented in such a 'clean' and non obtrusive way!
2.9 (36 votes)
Last update / version
2012-08-28 / 1.4