Simple CSS Reload utility
Refresh your css files without realoding the page. Just simply click nice green refresh button or use shortcut. Source: https://github.com/jslayer/css-reload New in 1.2.5: added: icon blinking on activate added: command support (activate in "Keyboard shortcuts" at the bottom of chrome://extensions/ page). New in 1.2.3: added: fonts.googleapis.com into ignored list New in 1.2: Add experimental `@import url(...` support. New in 1.1: Several public CDN hosts are now ignored while refreshing: - yui.yahooapis.com - ajax.googleapis.com - ajax.aspnetcdn.com - ajax.microsoft.com - code.jquery.com
- (2022-08-14) Phillip Bryan: Used to be great - I'm a developer and this was one of my most-used plugins. An update happened, and now it does nothing except load the plugin page. Uninstalling and looking for something that "just works". Sadness :-(
- (2020-08-20) Swede Odén Hansen: Works great in Chrome 84 (aug 2020). I set ALT + R for it (read the instructions on where to find it). This plugin saves a ton when you elaborate in Console's Elements Tab with classes etc. It's sooo nice to have such a convenient CSS-only-reload. My only regret (besides having boneitis) is that I didn't look for this earlier.
- (2018-09-28) David Faber: Worked just awesome, but in the latest version of Chrome (Mac 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)) the shortcut stopped working for me.
- (2018-07-29) Brad Roberts: Keyboard shortcut on Mac is Cmd+E
- (2017-10-31) JMR: too bad it does not work on local page (or running your local html files)
- (2017-07-12) Hynek Kvapil: Simple and easy! That was what I have been looking for!
- (2016-11-10) Lepel Channel: Does not work. Needs update.
- (2016-09-12) Andrew Lyon: I was previously using a bookmarklet for this task, but wanted to be able to hide my bookmark bar (much easier to stop checking Reddit every 10m when my bookmark bar is hidden) while still being able to refresh my CSS. This extension Just Works (TM). Thanks!
- (2016-08-16) Dooley P.: Works.
- (2016-07-28) Sally Dean: Saves me SO much time
- (2016-05-03) Oscar Jonsson: I get no icon by the address bar, and there's no hotkey for this either. It does work by clicking the icon though. Edit: Actually a hotkey may be set to it by going to chrome extensions page (chrome://extensions/) then scroll to the bottom and click the Hotkey-button there and give it a hotkey. Perfect!
- (2016-03-24) Nicholas Likiardopoulos: Saved me so much time
- (2016-02-17) Ben Wise: Simple & effective
- (2015-10-09) G B: Just loaded - worked exactly as I had hoped. Great time saver.
- (2015-09-15) Michele Cipriani: it works
- (2015-08-28) Matic Utsumi Gačar: 5 stars, just really needs a "hide button", since it's really annoying and you can reload CSS with the keyboard shortcut.
- (2015-08-27) Alex Zerling: does what it should do :)
- (2015-06-23) Valentin Baert: Very useful. Can you add a customizable key shortcut to refresh the css instead of clicking the button ?
- (2015-02-16) Jeremy Thille: EDIT : Seems to be working now... A keyboard shortcut and/or right click menu entry would be more than welcome. ORIGINAL POST : Not working. Icon not showing up in Chrome 40
- (2015-02-10) Lucas Schlottfeldt: Excelente extensão. Ajuda muito desenvolvedores e acaba com a necessidade de espera pelo refresh do cache.
- (2014-10-22) will: Seems to work great thanks
- (2014-07-23) Jeff Waterfall: Best css reloader out there right now. The reload icon disappears from address bar occasionally, otherwise it's 5 stars! Would love to see a shortcut and right click option added!
- (2014-06-04) Fernando Flores: Just what i was looking for, it works with @import rules. Justamente lo que estaba buscando funciona con las reglas @import.
- (2014-06-04) Simone Pescina: It just works
- (2014-02-18) Nicholas Thompson: Works perfectly! Better than LiveReload and CSS Reloader. :) @Prabhat - there is a keyboard shortcut. By default, Command+E - you can get to it by scrolling to the bottom of the Manage Extensions page and looking in the Keyboard Shortcuts section).
- (2013-12-18) Jean-François Müller: Unfortunately it destroys google fonts... Update: Developer informed me of an update and now it seems to work. Nice!
- (2013-09-07) Prabhat Jain: I would also like that there is a keyboard shortcut for it.
- (2018-08-29, v:1.2.5) Anton A: Local CSS
Plugin great. But it can't reload local html pages
- (2017-08-09, v:1.2.5) Auto-reload option
This is the only css-reload extension that works for me - thank you! I would love to see an option for an auto reload option. Perhaps with an option to choose interval in milliseconds. Thanks!
- (2016-03-16, v:1.2.5) Keyboard shortcut
The keyboard shortcut doesn't work if the browser is resized to something small where the extension icon doesn't appear in the top extensions bar.
- (2015-07-13, v:1.2.5) how do you use it?
I installed it, see green icon, clicked it once...how do I make it refresh every time I change my CSS?
- (2015-07-11, v:1.2.5) Kieran Blight: Keyboard Shortcut
Hi, Is there a keyboard shortcut? Thanks Kieran
- (2014-12-23, v:1.2.5) Kristopher Chun: Google Fonts
I have the latest version and noticed in the comments/updates that there was a fix for google fonts, but it still breaks mine. Love the extension but the extension "Options" menu is grayed out.