Export your saved searches to Suitescript.
For NetSuite developers who want to export saved searches for use in their code. Supports SS1.0 and SS2.X. From the "Edit" mode of a Saved Search in NetSuite, click the "Export as SuiteScript". Some search types are not supported.
- (2020-04-07) Tim Sheetz: I've been using this tool for a couple of years now. It saves hours of coding time.
- (2020-03-23) Hanz Chen: Very good! Why not support System Notes?
- (2019-03-12) Scott Von Duhn: This is an incredibly useful extension if you develop for NetSuite; saving a lot of time and avoiding errors when trying to build a saved search for a script. It does not seem to work from a Sandbox account, though. All searches in the sandboxes say "Export as Script Not Supported". However, in a production account the extension works just fine and I can export the searches.
- (2019-02-13) Vanessa Harbison: Thank you for such an awesome tool!
- (2019-02-06) Joe Schalk: This extension is A++. My only issue is saved search searches generation. It says the script type is not supported but I think its because its not listed as a search type at all in netsuite searches. The link to how to create the search is here using suitescripts: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51766642/suite-script-2-0-list-all-the-saved-search I'm going to make a donation to this guy for making my life easier.
- (2018-09-05) Iuri Rodrigues Farenzena: Very useful, well done extension! I wish I could donate much more. Thank you David!
- (2018-06-28) Jhonnel Turingan: this is very helpful and makes netsuite scripting more efficient.
- (2018-03-23) John Rosa: This tool was incredibly useful, until two days ago or so, when the custom record it was working on, now says "Export as Script Not Supported".
- (2018-03-19) Matt Brewer: Huge time saver, by far the best NS related browser app I've used. Consolidates the need to save/loadSearch/rewrite to save/edit/click.
- (2018-03-06) Adam Parker: Use it quite a bit, very handy tool. Also recommend this NS tool, record JSON viewer. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/netsuite-record-json-view/ibkdphopcbimokejnhhgelcancfabhba?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon
- (2018-03-01) Sergio Moises: It just saves hours of work...awesome!!
- (2017-12-19) Rodney Veach: This is pretty awesome.
- (2017-10-19) Sam Hanson: Fantastic time saver!
- (2017-08-09) Rob Grier: They only way this could get better is if it worked with unsaved, preview, searches.
- (2017-02-16) Nicholas Zaleski: Great tool, thanks so much for making it available!
- (2016-11-08) Wesley Lim: Love using this one, David, do you mind if repackage it into a userscript and share it with other netsuite developers? (you'll be properly credited of course)
- (2016-09-02) Robert Regnier: John Hayhow (my NetSuite dev guru) just shared this extension. Added to Chrome, ran a common search I use daily, and clicked the button. BOOM! Script I can use in Suitescript, including 2.0. Very cool David Smith, whoever you are:) Gotta love modern computing!
- (2016-08-11) Adam Smith: Love this! It's so helpful - especially if you're new to NetSuite API. It saved me a lot of time.
- (2020-05-02, v:1.96) Anne Wisnewski: This tool is awesome!
I have been using Netsuite for almost 3 years and have written some pretty hairy saved searches. There seem to be no debugging tools out there, none suggested by Netsuite Premium Support team either. I would be great if it could export SQL too! Thanks for putting this out there!
- (2019-12-23, v:1.96) Kyle Castor: Working with developers, enhancements
Hello, Your extension is great and surely appreciated, have you ever considered adding any enhancements? I work with a number of developers and there has been a number of requested enhancements, but I was just curious if you had any planned already? Regards, Kyle
- (2019-12-04, v:1.96) Makon Cline: The extension is no longer working for me.
When I click the extension it just goes to the donate page now. It was working before.
- (2019-10-17, v:1.96) Dylan Barnett: Exposing Additional Standalone Search Types
For search types such as Inventory Balance etc. (/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_4345775360.html) there is technically nothing preventing this extension from working on those as well. Just would need to get the searchtype attribute from the form's html data. (unfortunately cannot legitimately lookup 'recordtype' on nlapiLookupField() since 'savedsearch' isn't a supported record type in 1.0) Appears you could put an additional try/catch around search._load() and try to get the type via jQuery('#script_dynamic').attr('src') (seems like this would be valid for any search and has worked for me in my updated Extension version I have been using)
- (2019-07-22, v:1.96) Court McLaws: SQL support
Do you foresee adding export as SQL statement? This would be very valuable to recreate the SQL behind the saved searches.
- (2019-06-17, v:1.96) Troy G: NetSuite Newbie
Hi, will the outputted results apply for building queries using the ODBC connection? Thank you.
- (2019-05-29, v:1.96) Pavol Vepřek: Analytics Workbook / Query support
Hi David, Great job on this extension. Literally saved years of DEVs' lives. Do you plan to implement N/query support? If so, when? Pavol
- (2019-03-12, v:1.94) Scott Von Duhn: Not working in Sandbox accounts
It does not seem to work from a Sandbox account. All searches in multiple sandboxes say "Export as Script Not Supported". However, in a production account the extension works just fine and I can export the searches.
- (2019-02-28, v:1.94) Jennifer Balfour: Broken in 2019.1
Unfortunately as of 2019.1 this doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2018-03-27, v:1.80) Brian French: Fails to allow export on any saved search
fails here - if (evt.relatedTarget && NS.jQuery(evt.relatedTarget).closest(that.rootElement).length == 0 || !evt.relatedTarget && !that._mouseIn) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'relatedTarget' of undefined at uir_menu.onMenuFocusOut (menu_simplemenu.js:316) I'm a New user so installed today- I verified i'm using a saved saved search in NS - Had someone else with the tool verify they can export. it just fails for me.
- (2018-03-23, v:1.75) Export as script not suppored
This is a new problem. I have been able to script.
- (2018-03-22, v:1.75) No longer works
After doing a sandbox refresh, it seems the tool no longer works.
- (2018-03-22, v:1.75) Craig Haroldson: No longer working
I'm searching a supported record. Search is saved. When clicking Edit, I get the "Export as Script Not Supported" message that others are reporting.