Now you can export/import/share Adobe's Business Catalyst web apps easily from within Google Chrome.
How does it work? First, install the extension. You can find it on the Google Web Store. If you want to install the latest build follow these instructions Exporting web apps. If you want to export an existing web app, go to that app's Edit page. You will notice a little black [BC] icon will appear in the browser's address bar. Click on that icon and a popup dialogue will appear. Select the Export tab then press Export button and be patient. The Chrome extension will automatically open every web app tab (Details/Fields/Layouts/Autoresponder) and extract the data from it. In the end, a textarea will appear filled with the web app settings in JSON format. You can copy this JSON and share it or use it to copy the web app configs to another site. Importing web apps. If you want to import a web app, go to the Business Catalyst Admin Console and choose Add Web App. Click the black [BC] icon in the address bar. Only the import tab will be available. Paste the JSON with the web app configuration you want to import into the textarea and click the Import button. Be patient and don't close the popup (see the note bellow) until the import is done. Important Note: Don't click outside of the popup area or change the tab! This will close the popup and abort the export/import operation. This extension is open source. You can clone the source code from Github https://github.com/adobe-business-catalyst/web-app-export Any bugs, suggestions, feature requests you can report on app github page.
- (2017-08-15) Ricardo Alves: Would be good if worked on Chrome latest version, even is the extention is for sale I would pay for it
- (2016-06-10) Ka Pang: Doesn't seem to work for Chrome Version 51.0.2704.84
- (2016-03-27) Doug McClure: Looked like a great idea, though unfortunately not working in the latest version of chrome. Any plans for an update? I hope...
- (2016-03-23) Pebble Design: Doesnt work
- (2015-02-03) Min Park: O M G !!! YOU ARE A LEGEND !!! This function should be available via BC by standard ages ago though ... You fix their dumbness THank you !!
- (2013-09-17) Anshul: Awesome!!!
- (2017-01-17, v:0.0.0.6) Ricardo Alves: Not working
Not working in current version of Google Chrome
- (2016-03-27, v:0.0.0.6) Doug McClure: Business Catalyst Web App in/out
Very much hope this will be updated soon...
- (2014-05-27, v:0.0.0.6) Gary Johnson: App No Longer working
This App does not work in the latest edition of Chrome are you planning to fix this bug?
- (2014-05-13, v:0.0.0.6) Vibodha Clark: Business Catalyst App
This app is not working in the latest version of Chrome. It worked originally, but no longer. Strange and disappointing as this was an excellent app.