Allows you to import emails from Gmail into Google Keep as notes. Just type in the Gmail label you want to fetch.
** MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE GOOGLE KEEP home page otherwise the extension does NOT work. Home page is: https://keep.google.com/#home ** This extension is **heavily** relying on the Google Keep website source code in order to work properly during the creation of the notes (since there is no public API available). Therefore any subsequent release of the Google Keep website that uses different names for CSS classes or a different structure in their HTML layout will most likely break the functionality. Whenever I encounter the aforementioned described problem I will try to update the extension but please try to ping me if you find it first before leaving a bad rating ;) Visit the Github repository for more details and instructions: https://github.com/lambrospetrou/gmail-keep-importer
- (2019-11-10) Michael Rudiger: Wish this would work! Can you review and update?
- (2019-10-11) Daniel Miller: Doesn't seem to work anymore. Please update! Heeeeeelp!!!
- (2019-10-10) Tan hooi ein: Doesn't seem to work anymore. Does not ask for Gmail authorization, it just asks for a label to import then finds no such label and fails.
- (2019-05-28) Csaba Kotlacsek: dosen't work. "Error while importing TypeError: Cannot read property 'click' of null"
- (2019-05-12) George Carter: I followed instructions, if I use https://keep.google.com/#home I get a "undefined" message. When I use https://keep.google.com/ I get the message "Finished importing 5 messages." However there are no messages in Keep either time. Doesn't Work!
- (2019-03-31) Ethan Kyzivat: Source code must be out of date- it didn't work for me.
- (2019-03-22) Jumanji Servicios: No longer working...tried steps from many sites...it just ask for the label name..and NO import was made ever...any other option?
- (2018-12-25) Yiu Man Lui: Import from gmail notes to Google Keep easily. Good tools.
- (2018-09-07) Yanike Mann: Amazing! Absolutely works :) Followed instructions here -> https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-transfer-my-notes-from-Gmail-to-Google-Keep. So glad for this!
- (2018-08-19) Francesco Cavallo: On Mac OsX High Sierra 10.13.6 and Chrome 68.0.3440.106 (official build) 64 bit the importer does not work at all. It stucks with "undefined" message under Results. Very disappointing!
- (2018-04-24) Gareth Bristow: Amazing! Worked perfectly first time. I can't believe Google doesn't already have an import tool.
- (2018-03-22) Susan Giles: So happy to find this extension!! I thought I was going to have to move them all by hand!! Thanks so much
- (2018-02-21) fahim zulk: I couldnt authorize my google at all. I tried closing and reopening Chrome back but still no change. I go to ur website and github but still nothing change. May I know what is happening?
- (2018-01-22) Іван Тронько: I cannot transfer my gmail notes... Error while importing TypeError: Cannot read property 'click' of null
- (2018-01-03) Corene Newbery: So pleased I found this great little extension! Think I had too many notes (283) to do in one go - so I created subsets with additional labels and moved batches across. Worked a treat. As mentioned, some icons etc don't display properly, and creation date doesn't port across (only 'edited' date) - but at least I have all my notes in Keep now. Thank you!
- (2017-11-25) Andy Huska: Very happy to have found this extension. Following the directions it worked the first time perfectly...except for the out-of-order thing as another review mentioned. With ~450 notes from the years of iPhone note taking the order is fairly important to me, but the most critical thing was to get the notes on to all of my devices and this did it.
- (2017-10-25) Dan André Syrtveit: Works perfectly! transfered all my notes from gmail (Gnotes) in a few seconds.. Can't imagine the time it would have taken to do manually!!!! <3
- (2017-03-24) Brodie Tyler: Worked great. The formatting didn't quite transfer over, but my Gmail notes are now in Keep!
- (2017-02-10) Bernd Deja: The status showed "undefined" but after several atttempts on various machines it worked finally. Used to migrate from scrappy GNotes to Keep.
- (2017-01-09) Franz Ehrengruber: The only way to transfer my Gmail Notes into the notes application. Thank you for this plug-in.
- (2016-12-01) David Hansford: Works exactly as described
- (2016-07-12) H P: Simple and fast! I had looked everywhere for a way to transfer my notes from my iphone to my android and this was the only method that worked without manually copying and pasting!
- (2016-05-16) Stuart Trevor: Worked for me under OSX, the only issue is my notes have lost their original date and have been imported in reverse order. Might be able to sort this out on the Keep end, not sure yet. Original dates and times would be a great addition ;)