Chrome extension to help with Einstein Analytics v2
This is for use with Einstein Analytics dashboards - more specifically, on the JSON editor. It enables a page action when editing JSON on an Einstein Analytics dashboard, and when activated, will show a menu of available steps to modify, which will bring up a code editor. It will only show custom SAQL queries and is ideal when modifying SAQL with bindings, since the standard editor won't allow direct editing. Note: this is WIP, and feedback is always appreciated. Updates 14/5/2021 - Fixed to work with new changes coming in Summer 21? (run in sandbox) - As a consequence, the SAQL editor now utilises a 'contained' editor, which you can change between light/ dark theme and change the font size. - Backups of dataset XMD's also include an 'easy' version, which has fields tweaked from system fields to allow for easy upload/ rename (compliments of Pete Lyons) Updates 16/3/2021 - slight change to XMD backup for datasets - now includes both MAIN and user, and strip fields so it can be used directly from backup Updates 9/3/2021 - Complete overhaul of popup - conversion to full web pages - backup and all other API related calls utilising new format Updates 21/9/2020 - Initial work to run in sandbox environments (metadata export/ backup not working) - Dataflow layout enhancements - auto arrange, straighten, auto load/ save attempts Updates 2/6/2020 - Small fix to ensure running in sandbox environments - removed unnecessary permissions in manifest Updates 28/1/2020 - BUGFIX ensured that the static editor functionality is all there. - This release should have most of functionality running with future release - have had to put in support to run with a new editor (SAQL). Note - drag drop not working on SAQL editor. - Added job history node download for detailed dataflow run analysis. Updates 6/11/2019 - BUGFIX put in fix to stop split error message on measure filter in lens Updates 7/10/2019 - Initial work to ensure it works with future releases of Einstein/ Salesforce - Updated both saql editing and dataflow layouts to handle multiple containers - Added comments (by right mouse clicking) for dataflow layouts - Added description text box for saql editing (appears on side tree) Updates 24/09/2019 - Added dataflow layout handling Updates 16/09/2019 - Added more functionality to the popup page around Metadata/ Discovery Updates 20/8/2019 - tweaked backup to allow more functionality Updates 14/8/2019 - added popup functionality to allow backup of recently modified objects in EA - added shortcut (default Ctrl-Shft-S) to toggle sidebar - can be modified in extensions/ keyboard shortcuts - added 'draggable' menu to show datasets used in current SAQL query - and SAQL functions as well (ie, can drag/ drop measures/ dims into editor) - tweaked the static editor to allow for more room (use resizable text area) - automatically append new lines after ';' if none present (displays nicer) Updates 30/7/2019 - tweaked the static flex editor to provide more control over the data type (classify as string, number or object/array by toggling button) - made side menu size adjustable by dragging bottom corner square Updates 15/7/2019 - can show hide side by clicking on the icon - also allows you to modify pigql style setup - now you can right click on components to rename (including attached widgets) - when clicking/ editing entities, it also jumps to the location in the json - new static step editor
- (2021-03-09) Jessica S: I saw the icon on this extension change today and checked it out immediately as I knew you had been working on a revamp. Really loving the new version of this extension - works a treat and it'll make my teams work so much easier.
- (2020-12-22) Dani Sáez-Bravo: Amazing!
- (2020-10-15) Komal Kumar: Amazing Extension for EA Devs
- (2020-02-18) John Bergin: Awesome EA tool. Thanks!!
- (2019-11-11) Jessica Steinemann: I only downloaded this today after seeing the Let's play Salesforce video over the weekend. This is so useful - it will make our lives so much easier :)
- (2019-10-28) Abhishek Simgekar: Thanks you Matthew for this Amazing Extension! You've helped the #DataTribe a lot!
- (2019-08-09) Michael Randazzo: I. Love. You! So awesome, thank you for developing this.
- (2019-08-08) madhav arepalli: Great Tool to start on editing the code for SAQL and JSON ... save time and more productivity
- (2019-08-05) Great tool! Thanks!
- (2019-07-30) Sean Maayeh: Simply amazing!!! Saves me so much time!!!
- (2019-07-05) Robert Houston: Awesome idea, love how it ties the queries to the steps, preserves formatting and accepts bindings.
- (2019-07-04) Howard Leung: Awesome tool. Can quickly navigate to the step required, deals with escaping and un-escaping characters for you, and also provide easy reference for steps to bind to.
- (2019-06-27) Gildas Canté: Super useful extension for anyone developing dashboards on Einstein Analytics !! Thank you for putting this out there, saving a lot of time scrolling into the JSON !
- (2019-06-24) M S: Amazing Extension... Loved it
- (2019-06-21) Great utility Matt! Looking forward to using it with clients and getting you feedback on iterations.
- (2020-11-27, v:1.0.11) Jessica Steinemann: Backup no longer working
Hi - loving this nifty little tool but it looks like the backup is no longer working. I saw a few people post about the metadata export but I wasn't sure if the backup issue had been brought to your attention yet. Thank you for the great work :)
- (2020-11-24, v:1.0.11) John Bergin: Can't download metadata anymore :(
Hey Matt, firstly thanks again for this extension, absolute game changer. Secondly, we can't seem to download dashboard metadata anymore... Fair chance this is an internal IT issue, but thought I'd also see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem with the extension. Cheers
- (2020-09-15, v:1.0.9) Oğuz Kaan ÖNCÜLER: Not working in Sandboxes
Hello, Since 2-3 days I cannot use extension in sandboxes. It is only work in Production. I tried with different browser and the result is same. Also I changed the site access to "all" and "click". But it is not working with sandboxes anymore.
- (2020-01-17, v:1.0.6) Kyle Butler: Might break in the next release
Hey Mathew - I'm not sure what changed, but this extension isn't working on the Spring release. There are several UI changes and even the look and feel of the JSON UI is different. The specific error I get is "This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. [NoErrorObjectAvailable] Script error."
- (2020-01-17, v:1.0.6) Oğuz Kaan ÖNCÜLER: Backup Data
Hello, I am using this extension in my Edge Beta browser. Now Edge is available and I would like to use it as well. Once I load the extension in my new browser, I couldn't find the old dataflow layouts. Where it is stored in my pc?
- (2019-11-20, v:1.0.6) Thomas Ernst: Word Wrap
When displaying the SAQL code I have to scroll quite a bit to the right (sorry, my SAQL codes are lengthy). Can we have a toggle to enable/disable word wrap?
- (2019-09-19, v:0.9.7) Thomas Ernst: Sandbox
My sandbox uses lightning.force.com in the URL and it seems like the extension can then not pick up that I am in Analytics. My production environment is working fine since it is using salesforce.com in the URL.
- (2019-08-15, v:0.9.2) Bret Wilson: Search Bar and Keyboard Shortcuts
I love this tool! I'd like to be able to search through the list of steps. It would also be awesome if we had a keyboard shortcut to open the tool. Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + E, perhaps? Or something physically close to the shortcut for opening the JSON.
- (2019-07-30, v:0.9) Let's Play Salesforce: Pete was here
You though I was joking.