Copy to clip board jira issue as 'CMD-999: Description'
Just open your jira ticket and you will see an icon in the address bar, just click on it and text will be copied to your clip board, Want keyboard shortcut? Then use on Windows: Ctrl+J on Mac: Cmd+J, or choose your own in chrome://extensions/ *** Setup *** Before you start you need to add at least one rule in the options: 1. Open options page, chrome-extension://kjofpimpbjninggehnclcgkgniacejha/options.html 2. Click 'Add rule' 3. Click 'Save' 4. Open 'https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3629' 5. You should see the icon in the address bar. You also can use this extension with other sites, but you need to configure it. In options you can specify: 1. when to activate the extension - "url pattern" field. 2. what should be copied from the page title - 'tittle patter' and 'out pattern' fields. Example - Github pull requests: Example page with url https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/10676 and title "Add test to counter cache test.rb by tkhr · Pull Request #10676 · rails/rails" Configuration for this page: "url pattern": github.com.*/pull/ 'title pattern": (.*)(· Pull Request #)(\d+).* "out pattern": #$3 $1 Text will be copied to clip board: #10676 Add test to counter cache test.rb by tkhr
- (2018-08-01) Neil Smithline: Makes it easy to copy-and-paste JIRA issue numbers, descriptions, and URLs into different formats. I have configured a "HTML", "Slack", and "Plaintext" options so that it gets the perfect syntax depending on the paste target.
- (2018-02-21) Ning Cao: good
- (2018-01-17) Daniel Sedlacek: amazing!
- (2017-11-24) Crysifio Rasneck: Would get a 5-star rating if you could replace "clicking" the icon with a custom shortkey.
- (2016-12-15) Long Nguyen: Can you add ability to modify shortcut or can you modify the shortcut? On Windows/Chrome Ctrl+J has been mapped to "Open Downloads tab" already.
- (2016-04-26) Moy: save a lot of time. do one thing and do it great
- (2015-08-31) Michael Minter: This is an amazing redundancy time saver. However, would be nice to add to right click menu for links (on Jira agile board).
- (2015-05-06) Tom Winter: There is only one thing missing with this extension - a keyboard shortcut!
- (2014-03-25) Suneel Gundlapalli: Works great.
- (2014-02-26) James Gough: Nice idea but for some reason I can't get the configuration screen to format the copied message to what I need.
- (2014-01-29) Blake Stephens: Works well! No configuration necessary, but simple non-the less, even though the configuration screen isn't very pretty.
- (2013-12-10) Adel Khelif: Great idea, very useful to quickly communicate about a jira ticket. Unfortunately the url does not work. It points to this instead of pointing to the jira "chrome-extension://kjofpimpbjninggehnclcgkgniacejha/$ur"
- (2013-10-22) Žygimantas Gatelis: Useful plugin! Just don't know how to set up shortcut for that..
- (2013-10-15) Peter Jenkins: I was about to sit down and implement this. You did a nice job and saved me the trouble!
- (2020-03-03, v:6.2.1) Raffi Kazanjian: Mac
Does this extension work on a Mac? I have it installed on chrome, mac but I can't seem to get it to work. It works perfectly on my PC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- (2019-06-10, v:6.2.1) Sainath Sagar: Can we get the same extension for Mozilla Firefox
It's a good to have extension. But, I'm one of the guys who don't use chrome at all and we completely work with Mozilla Firefox. Could you please provide the same extension for Firefox as well. Thanks in advance.
- (2019-04-23, v:6.1.1) Chris N: How to trim the URL before its put into the variable
When it captures the JIRA URL, its also grabbing the "?jql=blah" or other parameters that jira feels necessary to add. How do I just grab everything before the ? if there is one in the URL? i don't want the output containing all of the remaining irrelevant info. I've been playing with Regex for hours and cannot come up with a way to do it!
- (2018-08-01, v:6.1.0) Neil Smithline: Add default rules (0-config on new install)
Add a few default rules so that the tool works out of the box (provided the URL matches). It's a hassle to have to configure the extension every time I have to start a new browser profile. I think that working out of the box would increase use as now it's a bit complicated to get started. You may also want to consider adding default rules for Slack as it's pretty popular. I use: `$1: $2` ($url)
- (2018-06-27, v:6.1.0) Jonathan Dror: Got a firefox version?
Any chance you have a firefox version for this?
- (2018-05-28, v:6.1.0) Vamsi Krishna: Newline in Custom out pattern
Hi mshytikov, Really like the tool. Have a question, I am defining a custom pattern and need a new line in the Out pattern. Meaning I would like the result to be in multiple lines. Could you please help as to how could I achieve it. Thanks, Vamsi.
- (2018-01-19, v:6.1.0) Artem Z.: Shortcut for each rule
The only major issue for me now is opening extension menu by shortcut and not running rule. It makes shortcuts useless. Would be great if we can set shortcut for specific rule.
- (2018-01-19, v:6.1.0) Artem Z.: Copy link from context menu
Would be great to have an ability to copy link from context menu (without openning it in separate window).
- (2017-12-15, v:5.0.2) Rules are duplicated
Bug: settings are broken (duplicated entries), results in multiple copies being generated Chrome Version: Version 6 3.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2017-12-15, v:5.0.2) BUG - Copies jira title 5 times after last update
BUG - Copies jira title 5 times after last update
- (2017-12-15, v:5.0.2) Kishan Bhatt: Rules are duplicated 6 times automatically
When I press the copy button, I copy 6 times the same URL. The plugin just duplicates the first rule 5 times automatically. Even after deleting them all.