Safe Doc smooths the way for schools managing Google Workspace for Education features that Google Admin Console doesn't provide.…
Safe Doc smooths the way for schools managing Google Workspace for Education features that Google Admin Console doesn't provide. Safe Doc protects your students from inappropriate content and prevent your students from misusing certain features to disrupt classrooms. ------------------------------ Features ► Block the image searching feature in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawings, Sites and Jamboard ► Block Youtube video searching feature in Slides, Forms, Classroom, Sites and Jamboard ► Block Dictionary feature in Docs, Slides and Drawings ► Block Explore feature that includes unsafe web search in Docs, Slides and Drawings ► Block inappropriate emojis in Docs, Drawing, Gmail, Hangouts and Chat, e.g. the middle finger emoji, poop emoji or knife emoji. ► Block inserting images by URLs in Docs editors ► Block the "Publish to the web" feature in Docs editors ► Block the "Email this file" feature (formerly "Email as attachment") in Docs editors ► Block the "Email collaborators" feature in Docs editors ► Disable spell & grammar checking in Docs editors ► Disable the voice typing feature in Google Docs and Slides ► Disable the "Translate document" feature in Google Docs ► Disable the "Make a copy" feature in Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawing and Jamboard ► Block certain web-linked functions in Google Sheets, e.g. IMPORTDATA, IMPORTFEED, IMPORTHTML, IMAGE etc. ► Block preview pop ups for unsafe links in Docs, Slides and Drawings, and the link preview in Google Classroom > Stream > Add Link ► Block distracting Doodle games and toys in Google Search results, Snake, PAC-MAN, Tic Tac Toe, Garden Gnomes, Champion Island, Coding, Cricket, Fischinger etc ► Block Youtube embedded videos in Google Search results ► Block Google Doodles in Google Search home page and search result pages. ► Block live captions feature in Google Meet ► Stop students from sharing Google Drive files with each other ► Remove the option of "Can find in search results" in Google Drive share dialog, to prevent students from searching files shared by other students ► Stop students from adding external people into Google Meet ► Stop students constantly changing virtual background (applying visual effects to their webcam streams) in Google Meet ► Block students rejoining old unsupervised meetings (meetings without a nickname and open for students to join) ► Remove the Grid view and file preview of Google Drive ► Hide student identities (full names) for privacy protection in Google Meet ► Remove phone information used for joining Google Meet ► Remove the Google Meet button on the top right of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Jamboard ► Disable the Google Meet Companion Mode ► Disable the Raise hand feature in Google Meet ► Turn off and lock the microphone of an annoying student with the magic '/micoff <student email>' chat command ► Turn off and lock the camera of an inappropriately dressed student with the magic '/cameraoff <student email>' chat command ► Disable the Comment feature in Docs Editors ► Disable the Chat feature when multiple users join in the same Google document, spreadsheet, presentation or drawing ► Remove the feature to allow students blocking users in Google Chat so that teachers can reach to students ► Disable the Rooms and Group Conversations feature in Google Chat because students misuse them to spread inappropriate content ► Disable students unsubmitting assignment work in Google Classroom ► Disable students resubmitting assignment work in Google Classroom ► Disable students submitting assignment work late in Google Classroom after missing the due date ► Disable students submitting empty assignment work in Google Classroom, reducing unnecessary teachers' overhead ► Remove the People tab in Google Classroom for privacy concerns ► Remove the Private Comment feature in Google Classroom Assignments ► Prevent students from sending feedback to Google from Google Workspace apps, leaking their personal information and wasting time. ► Remove features in Youtube embed players, related videos after pausing, more videos at the end of the video, Youtube button on the control bar, the context menu, the Watch Later button on the title bar and the Share button on the title bar. ► Remove certain docs, sheets, slides and forms templates ► Remove the Send button in Google Forms to stop students distributing forms ► Set Chrome New Tab Page URL to a specific site ► Limit the number of Chrome tabs students are allowed to open to speed up their school managed devices ► Force refreshing students' Chrome tabs at certain times daily ► Support configurations. Admins can decide which features in GSFE to be disabled or enabled ► Support Managed Chromebooks and Chrome browsers on Windows and Mac ► Support US and UK English Not found what you wanted? Feel free to join the community below for feature requests. ------------------------------ Quick Start For home use 🏠 ► Login your Chrome profile using an @gmail account and turn on sync. ► Click [Add to Chrome] above to install the extension. ► You will be popped up with guidelines. ► Not all features not For school use 🏫 ► Request a license in https://xfanatical.com/product/safe-doc/#trial ► Deploy Safe Doc in your test OU. ► Configure and explore the features Pricing ► FREE for any @gmail accounts. ► $499/year for a single student domain with unlimited users, product updates and premier support. See more details in the Safe Doc Pricing page https://xfanatical.com/product/safe-doc/#pricing ► Get a 30-days trial license at https://xfanatical.com/product/safe-doc/#trial Support? ► Self service help documentation at https://xfanatical.com/product/safe-doc/support ► Email us at [email protected] or https://xfanatical.com/contact-us/ ► Join Safe Doc community (Google Group). Ask questions, request features, report issues and receive software update news. https://groups.google.com/a/xfanatical.com/g/safedoc-community
- (2023-02-10) LukeTheNuke1111: Many features of this extension are either useless or hurts productivity. *Blocking Google games does nothing, as they can find alternatives online. *Removing link previews makes opening to other links tedious as the students are forced to copy the link and paste it in a new tab *Not letting students use Google Images for Google Docs makes finding copyright free stock images harder. This extension does so little and hurts the productivity of students, makes their time more miserable, and only restricts the options teachers have to utilize for assignments.
- (2021-12-02) Ridham Bindu: It is very good. My brother is changes virtual background and he do not pays attention in class.... but chat is disabled it should give option to disable what we want...
- (2021-06-25) steven teng: it is a worst ever
- (2021-06-09) Bobby Hill: The worst I can't even watch the videos my for my homework on youtube
- (2021-06-08) Daggar Diss: It's Perfect! You guys probably don't have: Kids, Google Workspace, Google Admin Account, Trust. This is perfect for your kids so they don't look at bad things! (bruh you don't have money for g suite huh)
- (2021-03-23) Domino Pyramid: ACTAULL GARBAGE LIKE WHAT THE HELL MATE
- (2021-02-13) FroggyGachaUvU: It's Bad. After School When You Wanna Install Discord To Talk To Your Friends, YOU CAN'T. THIS THING BLOCKS IT.
- (2021-02-04) Guest Four: Its bad Remove the extension.
- (2020-10-09) Eden Nelson: Safe Doc is an invaluable tool! It does what it says it does, and it won't break the budget doing it. The feature list is too long to list, but it gives you the control over Google Drive/Docs that everyone wishes Google would have built-in. The big Highlights for us are: stopping student to student sharing, removing Image Search / Research tool. Bonus remove the students ability to use these 💊, 💉, 🖕, 🗡, 🔫, 🔪, 💩, 🚬 Symbols.
- (2020-02-04) Aziz Sannie: Does precisely what it purports to do - extremely useful for getting docs to be compliant with exam rules
- (2022-10-01, v:1.38.4) Not working.
I installed this for my organization via the admin console in chromewebstore option and the extension is always grayed out and never works/filters out anything.
- (2020-10-07, v:1.22.2) Pamela Mendez: Hyperlinks are no longer active
Hyperlinks are no longer active on google docs or spreed sheet since Safe Doc App was added to school chromebook.
- (2020-01-30, v:1.4.2) Lily Rourk: my computer
why is it on my conputer