Create automatic monitors for detecting and scanning changes on web pages.
Why PageProbe? We believe that people want to save both time and money. We believe there are several things people want to follow on regular basis such as: - the current price of an expensive item (such as a television) that you would like to purchase so that you can find the lowest price and the best discount to save money - the current price of a company X stock in the stock market to find out when it is time to buy or sell in order to optimize your profits - the current price of an item in an online auction in order to bid at the last minute "just enough" - the number of followers you have in your social media accounts - the number of likes your social media post has received - the status of your web application or related software builds - the latest new post on forum Y - the latest top article with a specific Twitter search We believe that people are evaluating the things they monitor based on certain conditions and when those conditions are met, they will take action. For example, the price of the television that you want will drop below certain price. We believe that when this kind of tracking of many things happens manually every day, it is a huge waste of time and you can easily miss good discounts, buying or selling opportunities and as a result can also lose money. Therefore most of content monitoring should be easily automated so that an application will monitor the things you have defined, evaluates the results based on the conditions you have defined and then notifies you when those conditions are met so that you can take action. What is PageProbe? PageProbe WebExtension can monitor any web pages you can access on the Internet or in your company intranet. By simply right-clicking the content you see on a page, you can quickly create a tracker with optional conditions and actions and then view the status of those trackers in a simple monitoring view. By clicking the extension icon you can see a nice overview of all your trackers and the data retrieved. Trackers can be easily organized into groups. Feature highlights: - Unlimited number of trackers that can monitor any accessible page on the Internet or intranet - Fully local solution - does not require an account - Trackers can be organized into a tree based hierarchy of groups - Converters allow you to easily transform strings to numbers and perform simple arithmetic on them - Advanced conditions for trackers: contains text, doesn't contain text, contains all words, doesn't contain words, contains any words, contains any words that start with, matches regexp, is, is not, begins with text, ends with text, smaller than, smaller than or equal, greater than, greater than or equal, is going up, is going down, has changed - Case sensitive and case-insensitive matching - Advanced actions: show desktop notification, play audio (local or URL), set color/CSS for monitor column/row, HTTP POST, IFTTT, data history logging, event log entry - Data history logging will allow you to see with a simple chart how the value of some item has changed over time - Export tracker table as Excel
- (2020-04-16) huseyin cakmak: i need a feature in this extention. PLEASE add web page refresh with alert sound. alert is working exactly. but i want refresh feature with alert.
- (2020-04-15) Sharif Ibrahim: It dose not work if I am logged in website.
- (2020-04-01) Nitinnan Sutthi: Cool!!! But dose anyone can show me HTTP POST example? I try to send POST to Google form but can't get current content value to send out.
- (2020-03-22) E V: This needs a CSS selector. I can't be sure what I'm actually tracking because the only option I have is selecting something on a page, right-clicking "Track Content". For the normal user, it just looks like complicated CSS code that could be tracking the whole page instead of a specific part or vice-versa.
- (2020-03-15) 张亮: This plug-in has helped me a lot! I got my favorite things in a rush. But how can I change the language of the plug-in?
- (2020-03-04) J P: I've been looking for a replacement for Changes Meter, a standalone app for MacOS, since it was abandoned before being updated to 64bits. This extension is far better and offers finer control and it's FREE! Thanks.
- (2020-03-04) Anaël Grélard: [EN] It's a really must-have extension. It deserves to be better known. Thank you for your work! [FR] C'est une extension vraiment incontournable. Elle mérite d'être plus connue. Merci pour votre travail !
- (2019-11-15) Jigar Shah: Thanks for the awesome extension.
- (2019-09-20) Mark Levine: For one thing it works. For another it's free. Good job.
- (2019-08-17) Michael Ravenwood: Really versatile options!
- (2020-05-26, v:1.25.0) Nodetics Solutions: Chrome can't load some sites in a tab that isn't visible
Note to PageProbe users: Chrome has an annoying feature/bug that prevents certain sites from loading in a tab that isn't active + visible. Basically PageProbe uses a separate Loader window and loads sites in that window using tabs that aren't visible in the normal active window. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1077607 Firefox doesn't have this limitation so if you need to monitor lots of sites which refuse to load in Chrome, try using Firefox instead.
- (2020-05-12, v:1.25.0) Huynh Van Bach: Slack notification does not work.
Hi team, Really happy to know this extension already support Slack. But when I use, nothing post to Slack. I try to use Discord, it works as usual. Could you fix it?
- (2020-04-01, v:1.22.0) Nitinnan Sutthi: How to send HTTP POST to Google Form?
Now i use https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/formResponse?entry.106795522=test It work. but how i send value from Current Content?
- (2020-01-30, v:1.21.0) Velin V: Cannot select multiple items on page to monitor?
Looks like one can only monitor a single item on a page. Cannot select multiple different items? It would be fantastic if this was possible. Thank you.
- (2020-01-22, v:1.21.0) Pierre LeBaux: It would be possible to monitor js without another window
In a same fashion "Spectator - monitor web page changes!" does?
- (2019-11-03, v:1.15.0) Crimson Tale: Templates making
Hello! Thank you for your previous answer, I've got another one question. Is it possible to add in the app a function with the help of which I can use saved templates? I mean the ability to use these templates at the stage of choosing which content I'd like to track (when I press RMB at interesting element, in the menu where you config every line). It will be very usefull just to chose neeeded template exactly at that that stage and if it is nessesary you are able to edit some lines at that time. I hope it's clear.
- (2019-10-26, v:1.15.0) Jean Guo: IFTT notification - only changes
Is there a way to see what changes occurred? I set up the IFTTT email notification, but it gives me the entire string I'm monitoring and it's hard to see what the change has been. The option for showing "diff" - would that do what I'm asking for above? Maybe a silly question, but does Chrome have to be running (computer not asleep) for this tracker to work?
- (2019-10-20, v:1.15.0) Crimson Tale: Background site check
Hello! Are you going to add the function of checking the site in the background (without creating additional windows)?
- (2019-10-04, v:1.12.0) Ivo Salden: Only show new/deleted information in 'converted value' column
Hi, I just discovered the PageProbe extension today and I am experimenting with it. I really like it. Thanks! However I do have some questions: 1. I am currently using the 'play' button to set the baseline page value. Now I would like to have an easy view of 'only' the changes of the current page value with the 'baseline'. I can see this using the icon in the 'change' column, but then I need to click all the icons one-by-one and I get to see the whole webpage information instead of only the removed and added text. Is there an easy way to only see the changes in a column (like converted value)? (so blanc if no change is detected) 2. Am I correct that log entries are only generated when a change is noted? (or is an entry generated every time a change is noted) Thanks in advance. I'm definitly going to experiment a bit more with this ;) Ivo
- (2019-10-01, v:1.11.8) Rob Bl: Having a very hard time understanding PageProbe
Hi folks, I can't make heads or tails of PageProbe: - When clicking the toolbar icon, instead of giving me a menu (i.e., with the option to follow the current page), it takes me to (apparently) a settings page - There's no way to get to settings from chrome://extensions/ - When I right-click > Track Content, there doesn't seem to be a way of just monitoring the whole page for changes — half the time nothing happens at all, and the other half there's a lot of fields and options instead of just simply monitoring the page, and I don't understand what to do with those fields - After adding a page, when I go look it up in the settings > all, and click on the gear icon, I can't figure out what half of the icons are for And all that before it's even alerted me once to any changes. Am I missing something here?