Create automatic monitors for detecting and scanning changes on web pages.
Why PageProbe? We believe that people want to save both time and money. We believe there are several things people want to follow on regular basis such as: - the current price of an expensive item (such as a television) that you would like to purchase so that you can find the lowest price and the best discount to save money - the current price of a company X stock in the stock market to find out when it is time to buy or sell in order to optimize your profits - the current price of an item in an online auction in order to bid at the last minute "just enough" - the number of followers you have in your social media accounts - the number of likes your social media post has received - the status of your web application or related software builds - the latest new post on forum Y - the latest top article with a specific Twitter search We believe that people are evaluating the things they monitor based on certain conditions and when those conditions are met, they will take action. For example, the price of the television that you want will drop below certain price. We believe that when this kind of tracking of many things happens manually every day, it is a huge waste of time and you can easily miss good discounts, buying or selling opportunities and as a result can also lose money. Therefore most of content monitoring should be easily automated so that an application will monitor the things you have defined, evaluates the results based on the conditions you have defined and then notifies you when those conditions are met so that you can take action. What is PageProbe? PageProbe WebExtension can monitor any web pages you can access on the Internet or in your company intranet. By simply right-clicking the content you see on a page, you can quickly create a tracker with optional conditions and actions and then view the status of those trackers in a simple monitoring view. By clicking the extension icon you can see a nice overview of all your trackers and the data retrieved. Trackers can be easily organized into groups. Feature highlights: - Unlimited number of trackers that can monitor any accessible page on the Internet or intranet - Fully local solution - does not require an account - Trackers can be organized into a tree based hierarchy of groups - Converters allow you to easily transform strings to numbers and perform simple arithmetic on them - Advanced conditions for trackers: contains text, doesn't contain text, contains all words, doesn't contain words, contains any words, contains any words that start with, matches regexp, is, is not, begins with text, ends with text, smaller than, smaller than or equal, greater than, greater than or equal, is going up, is going down, has changed - Boolean logic support (combine multiple conditions) - Case sensitive and case-insensitive matching - Advanced actions: show desktop notification, play audio (local or URL), set color/CSS for monitor column/row, HTTP POST, IFTTT, data history logging, event log entry - Data history logging will allow you to see with a simple chart how the value of some item has changed over time - Export tracker table as Excel - cron / crontab style advanced scheduling also supported! - Live Content Scan Mode which allows monitoring changing page values in real-time! - Discord support (post tracker results directly to a Discord channel) - Slack support (post tracker results directly to a Slack channel) - Telegram support - XPath and CSS selector support
- (2021-08-20) Nir Melamoud: does not work , track content does not add item to groups
- (2021-08-19) Pikachooo: Great extension! Everything works as expected!
- (2021-07-22) 平井伸治: 監視する項目指定が、直接入力しか無いので、わかりづらい。 他のは、画面上で選択できるので、その機能も欲しい。
- (2021-06-19) Carmel C: 1YR UPDATE: Been using this for a year & wow! I have saved alot of money on monitoring website deals, price changes that come up based on my custom schedule. Much better than the alternative of signing up for website deal alerts where I have to give out my email address to get spam. ORIG REVIEW: Great website monitor tool, much better than Distill in many ways. Free for any usage, with no limits, can customize your selections with boolean & all kinds of neat ways. Where it lacks in the learning curve it makes up for in its flexibility and unlimited usage for local client side monitoring. If you want to keeep your info private, with no cloud access this is great and even better does not data mine your info like other extensions. I recommend it and hope it stays free.
- (2021-06-08) nave3d: I love that this extension is free. There's some things that I liked about Distill that this app doesn't seem to have (or maybe it's just too advanced for me so I can't figure it out) Getting notifications through discord is a HUGE plus. Figuring out how to do it was a little hard as I've never set up webhooks or anything before but Google was a great help :)
- (2021-06-07) D1yt: Amazing tool :) I struggled a bit with setting up a PAC script but well, I managed to do it. Does the extension work in the background though (browser not opened)
- (2021-05-27) Artemis Livingstone: This tracker is amazing, however I wished it had an option to send a notification when the request returned 200, as I would like to track the existence of an element on a page
- (2021-05-16) Огурчик Игривый: Просто отличное удобное расширение для мониторинга любого символьного содержимого на веб страницах. Большое спасибо!
- (2021-04-23) Wynand Meyering: A brilliant piece of programming. I was writing something similar to monitor stock market shares and cryptocurrency websites and struggled, so I checked the web for a solution. This was it.
- (2021-04-09) Mauro Kren: Incredible extension. Saved me a lot of money and its super efficient. Doesn't consume resources at all from my computer. Thank you!
- (2021-03-13) Pei Shi: The best webpage monitor I've used. Distill's developers are becoming more and more greedy. Page moitor can't choose certain element in the one webpage. One suggestion: I hope there would be a placeholder refering to tracker url in "Open URL in a New Tab“ of "Tracker Actions". So I can batch add new tracker using template, instead of editing one by one the link to tracker url.
- (2021-02-23) Raymond AndHisCat: The fact that there is a template where I can paste all of the links I wish to track seperates this from all of the other web tracker extensions out there. It's the best one I've found so far. I would like to request the author to add a new condition though. Instead of comparing the updated value to an integer, let us compare the change to an integer. For example: The 'greater than and equal to' condition only compares the 'converted value' with a user defined integer. If you can add all of the comparison functions to be comparable to 'change', that would be amazing. Thank you for your hard work! If more conditions can be added comparing the
- (2021-02-21) Oo: This extension is very useful, easy to operate, and many conditions can be set. You can group the monitored content. When there is updated content, you can also set a variety of reminders, such as sound reminders, pop-up reminders, etc. The most important is, it does not limit the number of monitoring, no need to register an account, which is exactly what I want, and I am very happy to be able to use this extension!
- (2021-02-20) Hima Tammineedi: It seems like this extension is just checking for website updates by making local network calls right? Are there any performance issues with this? Since I don't want this extension always fetching data from websites and doing extra processing locally. It would be better if this all happened on a server.
- (2020-12-24) Michel Cadorette: The best extension to watch /things/ on the internet, lot of options and the author answer quickly to email. He is very open to improve it with suggestion.
- (2020-12-10) 刘军: This plug-in has helped me a lot! I got my favorite things in a rush. But how can I change the language of the plug-in?
- (2020-11-18) Andy Donahue: is there a way to add a tracker to a page that doesn't let you right click??
- (2020-11-10) Rayuh Shen: Great Extension
- (2020-11-10) Pque Christopher: Hello, Some bugs there and here, but the most important that makes this extension not actually as good as some well known competitors is the lack of list synchronization between computers : Chrome Extension Sync (to sync at least the list of urls and their configuration / but of course not the websites contents) Indeed, if I install the extension on many computers, I will inevitably lost the lists, Thank you
- (2020-11-09) L T: EXCELLENT extension for more advanced users! It's probably not simple enough for people who aren't too familiar with computers (not the target audience) but if you know what a CSS selector is, what IFTTT is, and what RegEx is (even if you're not an expert at them), then you'll like this extension! Probably the only thing it's missing is a visual CSS Selector Picker (which you can really work around just using the element picker in Chrome DevTools and then right clicking on the node> "Copy Selector". It does let you right click on an element on the page to select it but provides no visual indication of the scope of that selector as of the time of this review). There are also a number of extensions and bookmarklets which help pick selectors. I'm guessing this type of minor enhancement is likely to be in some type of future release and is a pretty minor inconvenience. Aside from this, it seems to have at least 90% of the functionality of Distill plus a lot of additional customization/notification options all for FREE.
- (2020-10-31) Riaz Ali: I've had nothing but positive experiences with this extension, hard to believe it's free and does more than paid apps, should be way more popular
- (2020-08-27) Schittli Portable: This Addon has great concepts, but to just get an alert each time a specific Text appears on a website, it does not work. It would be useful if PageProbe alerts only if the searched Text was not part of the last Page Value. But it creates alerts even if different text changes. For example: If we search for 'GotIt', then PageProbe behaves like this: Page Value: abc def » No Alert abc GotIt def » PageProbe displays alert no. 1 abc GotIt def ghi » PageProbe displays alert no. 2 (should not be alarmed) abc GotIt » PageProbe displays alert no. 3 (should not be alarmed) In general, it would be great if someone could create one or two example tutorials.
- (2020-08-14) Jesse Wycko: Fantastic extension. It does exactly what I want it to do, though that's only something fairly simple. All the other extensions don't have nearly the functionality of this one. My only gripe is that it keeps opening new windows when it already has one open. If I leave it running for long enough, there's like 3 windows for PageProbe open.
- (2020-08-05) Thomas Will: How to track the image on page? Thank you!
- (2020-08-03) David Kirk: First, I would like to say what a fantastic extension. Finding this fantastic extension took a lot of time(9 hours of searching in 3 days, to be exact). I tried countless extensions and "freemium" sites that provide free services but with strict limitations and checks! This is a massive problem since PageProbe has been active for quite a while. A little bit of marketing and advertising could help the extension get noticed. Encouraging an audience of other talented developers or even rookies like myself can go a long way if you open the app for some improvements and ideas. MAKE IT KNOWN if it is already out there (somewhere)! I am eager to see more improvements, and I hope to make an impact with a small start here. I mainly use PagePlus on Firefox since it has a bit more functionality there. Still, overall it is excellent on Chrome as well. It works fantastic with Slack and notifications on my phone without a subscription to an overpriced service [cough] (Distill) is a significant plus. Thanks for all you do! With that said, my first suggestion is to allow a Donation button for me to press. A lot of my suggestions come from an enormous amount of time looking for the best with numerous amounts of failures from other services and extensions. So it is all laid out here: ***Please see reply section for continuation because of character limit.***
- (2020-04-16) hüseyin çakmak: i need a feature in this extention. PLEASE add web page refresh with alert sound. alert is working exactly. but i want refresh feature with alert.
- (2020-04-15) Sharif I.: It dose not work if I am logged in website.
- (2020-04-01) Nitinnan Sutthi: Cool!!! But dose anyone can show me HTTP POST example? I try to send POST to Google form but can't get current content value to send out.
- (2020-03-22) E V: This needs a CSS selector. I can't be sure what I'm actually tracking because the only option I have is selecting something on a page, right-clicking "Track Content". For the normal user, it just looks like complicated CSS code that could be tracking the whole page instead of a specific part or vice-versa.
- (2020-03-15) 张亮: This plug-in has helped me a lot! I got my favorite things in a rush. But how can I change the language of the plug-in?
- (2020-03-04) John Prokos: I've been looking for a replacement for Changes Meter, a standalone app for MacOS, since it was abandoned before being updated to 64bits. This extension is far better and offers finer control and it's FREE! Thanks.
- (2020-03-04) Anaël Grélard: [EN] It's a really must-have extension. It deserves to be better known. Thank you for your work! [FR] C'est une extension vraiment incontournable. Elle mérite d'être plus connue. Merci pour votre travail !
- (2019-11-15) Jigar Shah: Thanks for the awesome extension.
- (2019-09-20) Mark Levine: For one thing it works. For another it's free. Good job.
- (2019-08-17) Michael Ravenwood: Really versatile options!
- (2021-08-29, v:1.35.1) Sohan Sordar: Action center doesn't show notifications
I like PageProbe but I am not getting notifications when condition value has changed. I appreciate your support and waiting for solution.
- (2021-08-21, v:1.35.1) Doug eee: Slack webhook works on some, not others
Hello, Great extension and I really love it! One issue I am having though. I have two trackers set up using two notification methods (audio alarm and Slack webhook). One tracker works fine with both notifications, but the second tracker only triggers the audio alarm when conditions are met. I'm using Dynamic Content scanning for both. For tracker 1, when the conditions are met, both the audio alarm and Slacker webhook work correctly. for tracker 2, when the conditions are met, only the audio alarm works. Only notable difference I see is that the tracker 1 is a static page and the tracker 2 is a query-based page (search results page). My question is if Pageprobe acknowledge that the conditions are met, why would only the audio alert execute for the tracker 2?
- (2021-08-20, v:1.35.1) Doug eee: Slack webhook works on some, not others
Hello, Great extension and I really love it! One issue I am having though. I have two trackers set up using the same Slack webhook and audio alarm. One works fine but not the other one. Strange thing is that the audio alarm works fine for both. I'm using Dynamic Content scanning for both. Tracker #1 When condition is met, both audio alarm and Slacker webhook work. Tracker #2 When condition is met, only the audio alarm works. Only notable difference I see is that: Tracker #1: Content has only alpha characters and numbers, and is NOT a query-based page. Tracker #2 has special characters in the content "$169.97$320.0046% off(1)Only a few leftFree Shipping on Orders $89+", and is a query-based page (search results page). Could the special characters in the "Current Content" field interfere with the Slack webhook working correctly?
- (2021-07-19, v:1.35.1) Emilios Tsekouras: HTTP Posting page diff
Hi, this is an awesome extension but I was wondering if there's a way to http post only the deltas (diff) between current and previous page contents. From what I've seen so far only the (filtered) current page content is included in the post body, is there a variable that contains the diff value? Thanks.
- (2021-07-16, v:1.35.1) Vaughan Johnston: No Notifications on Windows 10
Hey! Love this extension, the only issue I'm having is the extensions haven't worked from the very start of using it, I'm using latest version Brave on latest version Windows 10 x64. Any suggestions would be recommended :)
- (2021-06-15, v:1.34.1) Booby Boy: help!!
Can, I clear the "Change" data section? is there any option?
- (2021-05-08, v:1.34.1) MEDI MIST OMAN: Can it work on an already opened tab in the background
Is there anyway that you can make it work on an already opened tab and look for changes in the same tab without needing the url. I need to use it with a website that requires OTP so the url just takes it to login page.
- (2021-04-22, v:1.34.1) Luc Stepniewski: Bot URL?
Can you provide an example for the Telegram Bot URL to use? How do I pass the POST data (chat_id, etc) ?
- (2021-04-12, v:1.34.1) w c: can a delay be set lower than 10s?
hello. i love the extension so far but i was wondering if there was a way to add the page monitoring to be below 10s? i believe the standard is usually around 5s but honestly anything between 1-5s would be pretty nice. thanks!
- (2021-03-28, v:1.34.1) James Hrenak: Multiple keywords, but identify which one
Hey! For one, this is by far one of my favorite extensions out there. Love being able to tap into my inner nerd and get creative with these for random off the wall needs. I had a big question. I have been able to get the extension to do all sorts of complicated things. Except for one. The solution should be easy and it might be staring me right in the face. So, if you setup of a tracker for a list of comma separated keywords (condition: contains any of the word), and have like 10+ words listed...how can you identify which one triggered the tracker to go off? Is there a way to pass that value along somehow as a variable or something to some of the actions? :)
- (2021-03-23, v:1.34.0) Mooby Geenk: Additional conditions
I'm trying to monitor when a value changes by over a certain percentage. I would love if there was an option to monitor if a value has "increased more than (+delta %)" or "decreased more than (-delta %)". Being able to see when a value changes 20% from the current page value would allow me to set my condition value at a percentage and not have to keep changing my numeric condition as the page value changes
- (2021-02-20, v:1.32.0) Bob Bean: Is there a way to look for a key word on the entire page?
Is there a way to scan the entire page for a key word(s)? I am looking for a particular item to appear for sale so I essentially want to sound an alarm if the item appears anywhere on the page ... example "trek bicycle"
- (2021-02-04, v:1.31.0) Podogov Pavel: Telegram Bot
We are trying to send a message via Telegram bot, but the key disable_web_page_preview=true is not active, your system ignores it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
- (2021-01-24, v:1.31.0) Luca Sciroli: Converted values and Change column text color
At the moment I'm using Pageprobe to track down price differences on Amazon and I have some questions for developers. 1)If the Page Value shows the current price on the website, how do I set converted value to show the updated price? Both Page Value column and Converted Value columb show the updated price at the moment. 2)How do I change color text in the Change column? If the price lower, it shows (e.g) minus 1 highlighted in red. Insted I want it to be highlighted in green! (lower price is good, higher price is bad!) Thanks for now!
- (2021-01-12, v:1.31.0) Bill Peeples: Unable to track specific page in Firefox
Using current version of Firefox in windows 10 and current plugin. I am able to create trackers with no problem except for this site: https://vaccine.heb.com/ Clicking Track Content does nothing.
- (2021-01-11, v:1.31.0) Paul Njoroge: Not responsive
When I click "Monitor this Page" nothing happens. Also unable to import! Have tried uninstalling the plugin and refreshing the browser to no avail.
- (2020-12-10, v:1.30.0) 刘军: But how can I change the language of the plug-in?
This plug-in has helped me a lot! I got my favorite things in a rush. But how can I change the language of the plug-in?
- (2020-12-10, v:1.30.0) L T: Is there a way to get it to match all selectors (i.e. querySelectorAll rather than just querySelector)?
I was hoping XPath would naturally address this but it looks like it's still only grabbing the first element. Alternatively, is there a way to make it look at the source (to operate on innerHtml rather than just the text) (which would allow to accomplish a similar goal with RegEx). (Also innerHtml would allow for checking of changes like updates to files within an href / src.) (Distill does have this option but is not very well advertised.)
- (2020-12-02, v:1.30.0) John Peterson: Plugin looks great but when I right click something and hit track nothing happens
Plugin looks great but when I right click something and hit track nothing happens
- (2020-11-18, v:1.27.2) Tomas Fransson: Please indicate in which folders the changes are!
Thanks for a great extension. It's great that the icon in the browser window indicates that changes has been discovered. However, when you've organized the probes into folders, there is no indication of in which specific folders the changes are to be found (making you going through all of them in search of what have changed...) It would be helpful if PageProbe somehow could mark folders containing updates.
- (2020-09-07, v:1.27.2) F FP83: pageprobe guide?
im newbie user. any guide of pageprobe? or example of create a monitor/site?. I want to use it to monitor prices in amazon or sections of a website. sorry for my bad english. congrats for the app.
- (2020-08-22, v:1.26.2) Ty: Business Query
Hello. Please contact me via email: [email protected]
- (2020-08-05, v:1.26.2) Stephen Burk: How to share a folder full of search criteria with a co-worker?
By exporting a folder, and importing into someone else's browser with the installed extension- can I share the group of searches with my customized criteria? Does it share passwords (would they be logging into pages with my pw?)
- (2020-08-05, v:1.26.2) thomas smith: Proxy Support
Hello, I am trying to monitor a bunch of products on amazon but amazon keeps blocking my IP thus the products not getting scanned. If you could have a user:pass or ip auth section to load proxies for each individual tab that would be awesome! would pay for that : )
- (2020-05-26, v:1.25.0) Nodetics Solutions: Chrome can't load some sites in a tab that isn't visible
Note to PageProbe users: Chrome has an annoying feature/bug that prevents certain sites from loading in a tab that isn't active + visible. Basically PageProbe uses a separate Loader window and loads sites in that window using tabs that aren't visible in the normal active window. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1077607 Firefox doesn't have this limitation so if you need to monitor lots of sites which refuse to load in Chrome, try using Firefox instead.
- (2020-05-12, v:1.25.0) Huynh Van Bach: Slack notification does not work.
Hi team, Really happy to know this extension already support Slack. But when I use, nothing post to Slack. I try to use Discord, it works as usual. Could you fix it?
- (2020-04-01, v:1.22.0) Nitinnan Sutthi: How to send HTTP POST to Google Form?
Now i use https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/formResponse?entry.106795522=test It work. but how i send value from Current Content?
- (2020-01-30, v:1.21.0) Velin V: Cannot select multiple items on page to monitor?
Looks like one can only monitor a single item on a page. Cannot select multiple different items? It would be fantastic if this was possible. Thank you.
- (2020-01-22, v:1.21.0) Pierre LeBaux: It would be possible to monitor js without another window
In a same fashion "Spectator - monitor web page changes!" does?
- (2019-11-03, v:1.15.0) Crimson Tale: Templates making
Hello! Thank you for your previous answer, I've got another one question. Is it possible to add in the app a function with the help of which I can use saved templates? I mean the ability to use these templates at the stage of choosing which content I'd like to track (when I press RMB at interesting element, in the menu where you config every line). It will be very usefull just to chose neeeded template exactly at that that stage and if it is nessesary you are able to edit some lines at that time. I hope it's clear.
- (2019-10-26, v:1.15.0) Jean Guo: IFTT notification - only changes
Is there a way to see what changes occurred? I set up the IFTTT email notification, but it gives me the entire string I'm monitoring and it's hard to see what the change has been. The option for showing "diff" - would that do what I'm asking for above? Maybe a silly question, but does Chrome have to be running (computer not asleep) for this tracker to work?
- (2019-10-20, v:1.15.0) Crimson Tale: Background site check
Hello! Are you going to add the function of checking the site in the background (without creating additional windows)?
- (2019-10-04, v:1.12.0) Ivo Salden: Only show new/deleted information in 'converted value' column
Hi, I just discovered the PageProbe extension today and I am experimenting with it. I really like it. Thanks! However I do have some questions: 1. I am currently using the 'play' button to set the baseline page value. Now I would like to have an easy view of 'only' the changes of the current page value with the 'baseline'. I can see this using the icon in the 'change' column, but then I need to click all the icons one-by-one and I get to see the whole webpage information instead of only the removed and added text. Is there an easy way to only see the changes in a column (like converted value)? (so blanc if no change is detected) 2. Am I correct that log entries are only generated when a change is noted? (or is an entry generated every time a change is noted) Thanks in advance. I'm definitly going to experiment a bit more with this ;) Ivo
- (2019-10-01, v:1.11.8) Rob Bl: Having a very hard time understanding PageProbe
Hi folks, I can't make heads or tails of PageProbe: - When clicking the toolbar icon, instead of giving me a menu (i.e., with the option to follow the current page), it takes me to (apparently) a settings page - There's no way to get to settings from chrome://extensions/ - When I right-click > Track Content, there doesn't seem to be a way of just monitoring the whole page for changes — half the time nothing happens at all, and the other half there's a lot of fields and options instead of just simply monitoring the page, and I don't understand what to do with those fields - After adding a page, when I go look it up in the settings > all, and click on the gear icon, I can't figure out what half of the icons are for And all that before it's even alerted me once to any changes. Am I missing something here?