Add a file tree to GitHub Pull Requests
Make GitHub Pull Requests better with a file tree view and other UX improvements - Browse pull requests with an IDE like file tree - Private repositories support out of the box - GitHub Enterprise support - Other goodies: review viewed files, resizable tree, expand to full width and more This is an open-source community project and is in no way affiliated or endorsed by GitHub. For suggestions, issues and contribution, see https://github.com/berzniz/github_pr_tree
- (2021-09-08) Gavin Heise: Very helpful extension
- (2021-09-06) Hugh Hope Murray: Great when i am looking at files changed. Very annoying when looking at my checks, the file tree covers them up and should not even be loaded at all.
- (2021-09-01) Niels Schmidt: This is absolutely amazing! Coming from Stash this is a godsend, I was very much missing the file tree, and this does full width as well! I am in love! Thank you so much for this! 10/10 🙌
- (2021-08-25) Edo Nir: This is a great productivity tool, making PR review more logical on GH web. It usually works great for me, but recently does not load automatically and requires a page refresh to show up.
- (2021-08-12) Eugene Belkovich: Great job!👍
- (2021-08-05) KS Putra: This one should provided by Github. This is a solution that shouldn't exist in the first place. But, this one is AMAZING. This is what we need.
- (2021-08-03) Rolands Jegorovs: I really love this extension. It drastically reduced cognitive load for me when reviewing PRs. One thing I noticed lately, however, is that when I filter files in the search field, I see only the matched files for a split second but then the extension again shows all the changed files in the PR. I can swear this was working not that long ago. Current browser - Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (x86_64)
- (2021-08-03) Александр Иванов: Thanks for this extension!)
- (2021-07-30) 이명현: good
- (2021-07-29) Umesh Dhaked: It's good, but it would be better if it can show colour difference on file names, like which fire is created new(green) and which is just edited(blue).
- (2021-07-23) Eduardo Flores: Helps a lot for navigation
- (2021-07-22) Incheol Kang: good
- (2021-07-20) Roberto Méndez: For people who are used to use bitbucket, it's a really nice plugin! Thx!
- (2021-07-16) Ruslan Seleznov: GitHub should not be used without it!
- (2021-07-06) Boguslaw Wojcik: Very glad I found this plugin. Other alternatives either have issues or require credentials. I just have one "small" feature request that would make it ultimately fix the broken Github PR experience: a button on each tree branch to hide all files from diff. But it's great without it anyway! Thank you very much!
- (2021-06-01) Light, simple and functional. How can't GitHub have it? Dear GitHub, please pay this guy or just buy this extension.
- (2021-06-01) C.W. Lin: This is amazing!!!
- (2021-05-04) Rich Ellis: Indispensable! How is this not built into GitHub!? Feature requests: * keyboard shortcuts (`j` and `k`) to navigate through the file list * setting to enable full-width mode by default
- (2021-05-04) 이세행: good
- (2021-04-22) Alexander Borzunov: Missed this feature on GitHub. Helps a lot in reviewing large PRs.
- (2021-04-17) 우혁: Good
- (2021-04-16) 김완기: Good
- (2021-04-16) 이우재: really good
- (2021-04-16) TaeHoon Lee: good
- (2021-04-16) Kyung-man Kwak: good
- (2021-04-16) 손지훈: good
- (2021-04-15) 주대징: good
- (2021-04-12) 鲁轲: Really a life saver. Thank you!!
- (2021-04-07) Marc Navarro: Works like a charm even for private repositories. Can't review PR without this extension anymore
- (2021-04-06) Wendel Schultz: My only complaint is that I'm using GitHub rather than GitLab or BitBucket. This tool has made GitHub a bit more palatable. Thank you.
- (2021-04-02) Michał Popiel: game changer
- (2021-04-01) 陈JIng: Amazing
- (2021-03-26) Serhii Fomenko: Can't imagine my CR flow without it!
- (2021-03-26) Daniel Bischoff: I just discovered, you can resize the width of the file tree column as well. Game changer. Great extension!
- (2021-03-16) Robert Gowland: Don't know what I'd do without it.
- (2021-03-10) Romain Guillot: Life changing! Thanks a lot!
- (2021-02-22) Bo Sheffield: Wow, I now can't imagine reviewing a PR without this tool. Now I want this for all compare URI's. When I have a large PR across multiple paths I find myself creating it early just so I can use this tool. Better Compare and Pull Request maybe? :-)
- (2021-01-27) Hannah Krier: Thank you! Coming from BitBucket, which had this feature, I was missing it in Github. This makes my PR reviewing so much easier!
- (2021-01-11) Ruslan: GitHub`s UX for pull requests is a nightmare. This plugin solves this problem as much as possible, thank you!
- (2020-11-19) 연준모: awesome!! simple & functional
- (2020-11-12) Andrei Latyshau: An absolutely must have extension for github! Thank you so much! It must be natively built-in by GitHub!
- (2020-11-06) Deilan Dev: Great stuff! Please add an option to render large diffs by default. Explained here: https://github.com/sindresorhus/refined-github/issues/825 And here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9702795/large-github-commit-diff-not-shown
- (2020-10-21) Simon Lavigne: It really helps with reviewing huge pull requests!
- (2020-10-13) Jody Lognoul: Extra!
- (2020-10-12) Mirosław Gniełka: Great!
- (2020-10-09) Nguyen Viet Cuong: good extension
- (2020-09-23) Michael Hagar: Helps me get an overview of PR's quicker. Works great - the issues from the previous commenters about it sticking to the sidebar have now been resolved.
- (2020-09-18) Eduardo Calleja García: Best way to do code reviews in the browser. Bonus points: It is open source!
- (2020-09-17) Oleg Asriyants: This is a great tool! But could you update it, please? It's broken now - sidebar tree is stick to the right side.
- (2020-09-17) thomas juergens: Nice but I think it broke with the latest github changes.
- (2021-08-31, v:1.0.34) Oleksandr Boiko: Error in custom browser
Hi! I use browser Vivaldi 3.6.2165.3 for Ubuntu 64bit (based on Chromium). Your extension worked perfectly in it for at least a few months, but stopped working in last days (while browser itself was not updated/modified). Although still works good in Chrome. As far as I can see error in developer console, it's a "Automatic publicPath is not supported in this browser". Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thank you
- (2021-08-29, v:1.0.34) Andrew Stanton: It would be great if this worked on any page where GH tries to show diffs.
Its awesome for pull requests, but now I really miss it when having to view a commit from history with several files. Pages like this (but with many more files) https://github.com/berzniz/github_pr_tree/commit/fbbbcf688dfecd59cfefb97060adc2f049cad9c8
- (2021-04-21, v:1.0.33) Luigi Cardito: Brave on Github Enterprise
Hey team! Looks like this extension isn't working on Brave with Github Enterprise, works fine in the public Github tho.. :thinking:
- (2021-01-31, v:1.0.33) Reut Savir: File tree is collapsed and partially overflows the PR
Looks like the file tree does not get a correct width. An horizontal scroll appears, and some parts overflows over the PR.
- (2021-01-05, v:1.0.33) Pedro Ladaria: Some suggestions
1. show removed filenames in red color (in file tree). 2. optional/configurable keyboard shortcuts (j: next file, k: previous file, v: mark as viewed, etc...). 3. Auto-scroll to tree element when you scroll a large review at the right Thanks for this great extension!
- (2020-12-24, v:1.0.33) Tim Hockin: Memory leak on page idle-reload
This has been happening for a while, and I have isolated it to "Better Pull Request". I have lots of github tabs open (PRs). I go away and do other things for a while and then come back to them. Almost every time, that tab starts allocating HUGE amounts of memory (as per Chrome task manager) and ultimately crashes. Turning off "Better Pull Request" make it stop happening.
- (2020-09-16, v:1.0.30) Julian Palomo: Right side
I only can see the tree on the right side of the screen
- (2020-09-16, v:1.0.30) Itay Harush: Feature Request: Mark directories as "Viewed"
Hi, Great extension! love the green V indication on the vied files. would be very helpful to show it on parent directories if all sub dirs and files are green. Thanks a lot Itay
- (2020-09-16, v:1.0.30) James Gilliland: Broken today, can't scroll down.
Seems to have broken today, the file tree is rendering above the files, and cannot scroll down.
- (2020-03-06, v:1.0.26) Menna Mostafa: Not working recently
Hello! Our team loves this plugin, however it seems to be broken for almost 3-4 days now. The file tree is not loading at all for everyone in the team!