This extension converts unix epoch timestamps to human-readable times.
Find a page containing UNIX timestamps, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time or the fantastic JSONView extension. Simply click the clock in the toolbar and all timestamps (in seconds or milliseconds from epoch) will be converted to human-readable dates and times.
- (2022-01-28) Lucas Cury: Nice Idea, Poor execution There isn't a single setting for this, it only works as designed... A simple setting to define your own preferred data pattern and preferred timezone would be a great add. There's no control on what would be included in the conversion, so depending on the page any random number will be converted. Most use these Epoch converter extensions for easy reading of JSON, so a simple tweak to do that inside a json payload would be perfect. To support the rating, you can see the poor coding validation as if you click it twice (or more) it will keep appending the converted string in front of it.
- (2021-11-03) Julien BRAURE: friendly as it converts all timestamps in the page :-) nice for JSON data for example ... would be perfect if working on extensions UI as well, like Elasticvue
- (2019-07-25) Franz Keferboeck: 4* for what it is - and I chime in with the others: timezone support would make it a perfect 5*
- (2018-08-24) Gaurav Bansal: Would really like timezone support. Other than that, love it!
- (2017-06-12) Mike: Does exactly what I needed. Thanks for the simple tool that saves me a lot of work.
- (2016-10-17) Satheesh J M: 5 stars if we had the option of setting timezone to display time in.. Other than that, super useful tool.
- (2016-03-22) Tommy Becker: Great idea!
- (2014-08-02) Javier Romero: It would be nice to allow the option of selecting timezone to display in. Currently working on a project that only GMT timezone matters.
- (2022-09-20, v:1.0.1) Jeremy Chou: Different Date format?
Can the extension be configured to allow for different Date formats?
- (2017-01-03, v:1.0.1) Jonas Mellquist: Cannot access Options
With Chrome v55 I cannot access the options, it's simply grayed out
- (2016-10-17, v:1.0.1) Satheesh J M: Timezone
It would be nice to be able to choose timezone.
- (2016-04-07, v:1.0.1) Xælias: Vivaldi/Chromium support
Hi, I was trying to use this on Vivaldi, which is based on chromium (which is basically Chrome) and this extension is not working. I found another that does something similar and that works, but I like this one better. I was just hoping you could get a look and maybe fix the issue if it's not too hard. Thanks!
- (2014-08-02, v:1.0.1) Javier Romero: Add Timezone selection
Would be nice to allow the user to select which timezone to display the human readable time instead of selecting the users current timezone.
4.4 (10 votes)
Last update / version
2013-10-27 / 1.0.1