Search safely online by enabling Norton Safe Search as your default search provider for maximum protection on Chrome.
Install this extension to set Norton Safe Search as your default search provider, home and new tab page for Chrome. Norton Safe Search helps defend you from identity thieves and online scams by warning you of dangerous sites when you search, shop or browse online. Norton Safe Search provides you added peace of mind from online threats by: - Marking unsafe web results - Providing you with safety ratings on search results - Letting you know which shopping sites are safe. Note that this extension enables resetting Norton Safe Search as your default search provider, home and new tab page on Chrome. --- This extension uses permissions that produce the following Chrome messages to perform necessary functions within the extension. “Read and change all your data on the websites you visit” Shown for permissions needed for detecting online risks on all types of pages you browse. “Read your browsing history” Shown for permissions needed for: - displaying a block page when risky content is detected. - displaying site safety rating information reliably during tab manipulations by Chrome or the user. “Manage your downloads” Shown for permission needed for removing malicious downloads. “Change your search settings to: searchsafe.norton.com” Shown for permissions needed for delivery of search results through the Norton Safe Search service. “Replace the page you see when opening a new tab.” Shown for permissions needed for changing the new tab and home page to Norton Safe Search. “Display notifications” Shown for permissions needed for showing alerts when important changes happen for protection activity or when authentication is required for certain features. “New background app added Norton Safe Search will launch at system startup and continue to run in the background, even once you've closed all other Google Chrome windows.” Shown for permission used to keep the extension running in order to quicken startup times. This extension also uses permissions that are not displayed in Chrome for performing certain functions within the extension: “webRequest” and “webRequestBlocking” permissions Needed for: - accessing low-level data when browsing websites to help block certain threats. - performing authentication for certain features. “storage” permission Used to store and retrieve settings data used by the extension. --- By using this add-on, you agree to our License and Services Agreement (https://www.nortonlifelock.com/content/dam/nortonlifelock/pdfs/eulas/licensing-agreement/customer-agreement-en.pdf) and have read and acknowledge our Global Privacy Statement (https://www.nortonlifelock.com/us/en/privacy/global-privacy-statement/). This add-on makes use of Google Analytics’s Measurement Protocol to transmit critical error and feature usage information to Google Analytics services. NortonLifeLock uses Google Analytics services to maintain and improve this add-on, but the services are not operated by NortonLifeLock. If you do not consent to this data collection and usage, please do not install this add-on or remove it if it is already installed. This add-on sets parameters that Google provides to obfuscate your IP address when processing Google Analytics. See more details here for our obligations to use Google Analytics, Google’s privacy practices, and Google's IP obfuscation support: - https://developers.google.com/analytics/policy - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052 Copyright © 2020 NortonLifeLock Inc. All rights reserved. NortonLifeLock, the NortonLifeLock Logo, the Checkmark Logo, Norton, LifeLock, and the LockMan Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NortonLifeLock Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Google Chrome is a trademark of Google, LLC. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- (2020-08-06) Leslie Hilliard: While I feel safer having Norton 360 with LifeLock, Safe Search slows everything down and makes working difficult especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- (2020-08-05) Joseph Helleberg: Great so far.
- (2020-07-21) ethel dias: I have had it with all the the reloads and getting half of what I've paid for. Nothing works as it once did.
- (2020-07-08) F Gordon Kennedy: Our love affair is coming to an end. Norton Symantec used to be the best - hands down no question five star - now to pay the subscription (PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY) I have to find (BY ACCIDENT) what's covered - this means I'm subscribed, why is what I pay for not active and the (THE DANCE) to activate it). I have not tiem and very little patience to play 'catch with your new corporate (YOU'VE DEGRADED YOUR SERVICE, IN FAVOR OF THE NEW GUYS WHO'VE COME ON THE SCENE AND WHOSE MANTRA IS - LET'S MAKE SOME MONEY) arrangements. FGK
- (2020-07-02) Armando Jose Lopez: I LOVE IT. THANK YOU.
- (2020-04-08) Artastic Animations: It Ruins My Google Search by making it YAHOO
- (2020-03-19) CHARLES ZIMMER: This program is great. A very good program
- (2020-03-11) Barbara Davis: I used to LOVE this extension but now that it forces me to use Yahoo! search I don't want it. There was a reason I never used Yahoo! search and now I'm gonna dump this for the same reason.
- (2020-03-06) Rolane Talleos: It works and i love the added coverage it gives me
- (2020-02-27) Louise Machinski: Did not to a thing !
- (2020-01-26) m j: I do not like being forced to use yahoo. Plain and simple. It's nothing against yahoo. It's more of the fact that everything else in my life uses google. So why would I want a different home page? A different search engine? A different experience? I couldn't tell you. Every other web security program that i have used (webroot and kaspersky) has allowed me to safe search features while using the google ecosystem. I honestly wouldn't buy norton because of this, but I already have. I guess im just a little less protected than i should be for the price.
- (2020-01-04) Herman Koerner: Loved it
- (2019-11-30) Rod Barnes: It seems locked to Yahoo search... dont want that and cant change it - bad.
- (2019-11-28) Christopher Bohn: There's no way (or no obvious way) to change the search site to anything other than Yahoo.
- (2019-11-09) jusbcauz: great with a whole bunch of stars lol
- (2019-11-02) Xinh Xinh Trinh: Yes, I know it's only been the first day of using this, but I've used it for at least a month on my other account, so there. I don't like the way that it covers up my page background (the Norton background itself doesn't look very good). I love the protection it offers me, but if they could remove it I would rate it a five. If I'm wrong, sorry. Is there a way I can deactivate the homepage? Sounds super stupid, what I'm saying. Forget about it. I'm rating it a five.
- (2019-10-09) dont like norton website and not sure if the rating is acurate
- (2019-10-02) Rick Lear: Way too many false positives for "known dangerous sites". It happened today, and two days ago would not allow me to log onto my OneDrive account even though I had been on it within the past 30 minutes. Will not use again.
- (2019-09-30) Katrina Ferby: great
- (2019-09-23) Mirna Berdecia: It's not working on my DELL (PC-Window 10) Web search Protection is not install when it is saying the contrary. Sucks!
- (2019-09-19) Dan Perciballi: I can't uninstall it!!!
- (2019-09-17) Hamlik Abrahimian: Nightmare! It blocks any site that does not have sufficient visits from Norton community and displays an annoying, very scary looking, warning message! Unfair to businesses and very disturbing for my workflow. None of my friends and family like it either... I don't get the point of it. Needs a lot of work. It's a great idea, but that's all it is at this point. It should be removed from the market and seriously reevaluated. I've been a norton customer for over 18 years! Shame.
- (2019-09-16) Ahmed Egal: It works
- (2019-08-11) Harry E. Pearl: Great Program!