An Alarm for Focusmate.com: Before the session starts and ends, different options of times and sounds
New Feature (October 2020): Set an alarm to go off a few seconds before the start of the session. This will only work if you have the Focusmate Dashboard (calendar) or the session window page open (It's fine if you are browsing other pages as long as it is open). Alarms before the end of the session: Set an alarm or multiple alarms to go off before the end of Focusmate sessions. This is a good way to to remind yourself the session is ending soon and give yourself an extra motivational boost to get as much done as possible until the end of the session. You can also use the time to get organized for the end of the session check-in with your partner. You can choose for it to go off 10 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute or 20 seconds before the end of the session as well as any combination of these ringing times. There are three sounds to choose from: a Bell, Bleat, and Chirp. Test them out! It is not advisable to use this extension during mic-on sessions as the sounds can distract your focusmate If the extension is not working properly or you have questions or suggestions please contact me at [email protected]
- (2022-04-22) Alexis Seely-Carroll: Thank you so much for making this! I second the notion that it would be great if session start notifications had the same time interval options as the end. :)
- (2022-03-29) Daniela P: This app worked really well in the beginning. About a month after I added it to Chrome, it suddenly stopped making the reminder sound, which caused me to miss several Focusmate sessions. I'm not happy with this app at all.
- (2022-03-14) Kyra Bemis: I love FM and FocusAlarm makes it even better. I only wish there was multiple options for how long BEFORE the session it rings. I'd like to get notified about a minute before, in case I'm not at my desk, or on a different window/tab. Also I think it has twice not rung before my session when I was on a different tab. Not that I really minded, it's still great!
- (2022-03-05) Galen Crowfoot: I would love some more options for how early the notification sounds, such as 1/3/5 minutes before session starts.
- (2022-02-18) Eliza Woolley: This helps me start sessions on time more often. Thank you!!! I don't use the pre-ending alarms, although I'll try out the 20-second one. Feature request: could the developer(s) please add more options for the sound that goes off before the session starts, e.g. 1 minute or 2 minutes early?
- (2022-02-03) F Fang: Unpredictable. Doesn't work right now. Doesn't work a lot of times.
- (2021-10-21) Torgeir Andresen Klevstuen: Amazing. Increases focus an accountability
- (2021-03-01) Sophie Freiermuth: This is really a feature that should be baked-in Focusmate. Yael did great - and it just makes it a lot easier to not miss starting sessions (that happened to me every now and again) and it's also a discrete alert before the end.
- (2021-02-13) Caroline Bishop: I live in a college town and I have noisy, partying neighbors. (Yes, unfortunately even in COVID times...it's enraging.) So i often have earplugs in during Focusmate sessions. While that's great for focus, I also need a rousing alarm to keep me accountable to my partner! Focusalarm does that. I enjoy both the bell and the mooing sound :)
- (2021-02-09) Justin Yan: Incredible & very useful!
- (2021-02-01) Amy Ingram: So helpful for FM
- (2021-01-22) Yulong Lin: Super helpful as an extension, but huge memory footprint (> 400 MB) as a simple extension. Please reduce the memory consumption!
- (2021-01-19) caroline garrigos: Exactly what I needed. I missed a couple sessions by just forgetting I booked.. the main purpose for booking!! Thank you for this.
- (2020-11-25) Taylor Jacobson: Life saver!
- (2020-10-27) Tara MM: Just what Focusmate needs! Lets me turn down my music a minute before the session ends and reminds me before it starts. The only thing it could use is either a gentler alarm option or a volume control because it startles me a lot, heh.
- (2020-07-21) Enwongo Ettang: I had a chance to use this extension and it just blew my mind. I highly recommend this extension made by Yaeluria if you use Focusmate as it makes the sessions even more accountable as well as productive.