Intercept and perform surgical operations on request headers.
New! A unique extension which allows you to intercept requests and modify headers on-the-fly. Once activated with a click of the icon, any requests will be interrupted and the headers will be displayed as editable text. When you've edited the headers you can send the request with the new headers. Even XHR requests are intercepted, making this extension particularly suited to penetration testing. You can even edit cookies as they pass through. ☛ Header Surgeon is designed for web application and security testing rather than making permanent changes to headers; there are other extensions better suited to this task :-) This extension is currently in beta testing, so please keep this in mind. Please direct any feedback to the "Send Feedback" page under the "Details" tab rather than the reviews section! Features in the works: ★ Option to make changes to the headers persistent across requests. ★ Super secret awesomeness. ★ Suggestions? Any feedback is welcome! Have fun!
- (2017-11-15) doesn't work
- (2014-12-18) Christian Avemark: Couldn't get it to work at all.
- (2014-06-24) Gaz Thomas: I couldn't get it to run. Every time I clicked the icon to enable it it just brought up the options menu.
- (2013-05-01) D W: Finally what I was looking for. Easy to use on-the-fly header edit.
- (2012-11-15) Olaf Hannappel: Does exactly what description says! Very handsome and helpful to trigger and manipulate XHR/HTTP-Requests. ★ Suggestions? YES: • Showing the "payload" on outgoing POST requests would be awesome • a "switch / mode-selector" would be great, which enables the user to a) let the request pass through automaticaly (view prvious requests as readonly) b) current functionality with stopping the request and possibility to edit Thanks a lot for this nice peace of Tool :)