Mailto links open Microsoft Office 365 Webmail / Outlook Web Application Compose by default
Updated 01-2021: Better support for Mac OS, support for Microsoft Live ... the missing bit of functionality that Microsoft should have provided? With the MailtOWA extension installed, mailto: links will automatically open O365 Webmail / Outlook Web Application (OWA) / Outlook Live by default. That's it. Nothing fancy. No ads or any other nonsense. ... Built to satisfy my own needs, released for free because other folks seem to have the same problem. Enjoy! If you like it, leave a review. I need more internet points! A free extension by i❤️.ws Emoji Domains Source code: github.com/jonroig/MailtOWA
- (2020-11-28) Felix Dombek: It works for mailto links within emails that I get. For all other mailto links on websites, it opens a login page for Outlook.Office (instead of Outlook.Live) on which I cannot login with a personal email address because it is for corporate accounts only. It would be great if the extension could be configured to always link to the private outlook page.
- (2020-07-24) Sam Prince: I didn't like this extension's requirement to access all websites I visit so I restricted it to just the site I wanted to click mailto: links on and it wouldn't work at all (just did nothing). It turns out you can restrict it to just https://outlook.office.com (in manage extensions in Chrome) and it works perfectly for mailto links on all sites which is better than I had hoped, but I docked a star because it's a manual step. 5 stars if that could be the default config.
- (2020-04-09) OME Judah Ross: Doesn't work. Mac
- (2020-03-26) Service 2 Bottle Free Water: It works great for Chromebook. Just be sure to disable the default gmail app in the Chrome browser.
- (2020-03-02) Joe Aw: Doesn't work on all website just simple ones
- (2020-02-24) Nick Hogt: Doesn't work, opens default mail app. After changing mailpreferences to Chrome, no result. Even not when already logt in on O365 in other tab
- (2020-01-18) Eric Queck: Works great!
- (2019-11-04) Michel Basilieres: Still opens the Windows default mail app, then open the 365 web app even though I have the Office Online Outlook app already open in another tab. Doesn't work for me.
- (2019-10-15) David Black: Awesome! Works as intended. Thank you!
- (2020-05-06, v:1.0) Eric-Sonobello O'Brien: CC and BCC
Thank you for building this. I can't seem to get the CC and BCC attributes of the mailto protocol. Are BCC and CC supported? Thank You, Eric O'Brien