A feature-packed distraction-free web reader with dyslexia support and research tools
- (2023-10-09) acer acer: the amount of features this extension is providing is absolutely amazing and I'm here to thank for making such a handy and useful software.... just loved it
- (2023-10-03) Tejoshmoy Dutta (Troid): Good job with the Ruler toggle for the dyslexic folks.
- (2023-08-12) NITHISH KUMAR: I love the way the extension is done. Simple, flexible, and free to use. I used Chrome flags reader mode. But for some reason it doesn't work. But this extension made it much easier.
- (2023-07-31) Premkumar Chalmeti: Quiet handy! Its often hard to find the exact tool for my need and when I thought about a distraction free reading view. This was exactly what I wanted! Thanks for this
- (2023-07-22) Charlie: great extension
- (2023-07-22) Mr Daniel C: BEST EXTENSION FOR READING!
- (2023-07-22) jenniemarkle: has alot of perks that other apps dont which i love
- (2023-07-22) lisa m: REALLY GREAT APP
- (2023-07-22) limamam d: yay an app that i can finally use to read very well
- (2023-07-22) Kimberley McKenzie: Best extension for dyslexic people!
- (2023-07-22) kim hyung: I don't understand why some people are finding the app unaccessible or hard to use ITS so straightforward. i have dyslexia and even i can comprehend how to use this app. its really not rocket science...
- (2023-07-22) Nel Mckenn: this app changed my life. i suffer with severe dyslexia and sometimes ADHD therefore this app helps me be more productive as it helps with my reading THANKYOU READER MODE!
- (2023-07-22) Chanel McKenzie: WOW IM ABSOLUTELY INLOVE WITH THIS APP SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW FEATURES IN THE FUTURE :333
- (2023-06-01) Melissa: It is a false advertisement in description saying a free web reader, the only feature they should have had for free is the language that should been a free feature an I'm just trying it out now an having issues with the language it says gb english but the page I'm trying to read is not one bit readable it's all in a different language an gb english with my knowledge that should been readable since they are english still like I am, website was also in english before I clicked the extension to bypass the paywall of the site an since I'm not a pro or premium I just play around with the language on the extension to fix the issue. I know nothing of coding an all of that jumbo to go through the site with inspect an fix it.
- (2023-04-14) Oлександр Юрійович: Я використовую плагін Reader Mode вже деякий час і можу сказати, що він працює непогано. Функціонал зняття реклами та інших відволікаючих елементів дійсно полегшує читання статей. Однак, є одна проблема, яку б я хотів відзначити - в плагіні немає підтримки жодного варіанту української мови, тоді як є аж три нікому не потрібні варіанти росіянської мови. Це здається незрозумілим, особливо з огляду на те, що українська мова є однією з найбільш поширених мов в Інтернеті. За цю проблему я б оцінив плагін на 3 з 5 балів.
- (2023-03-16) Tahni A: Its okay, does as advertised but a lot is locked without paying for premium versions. However this can easily be avoided with other free extensions to highlight and read aloud etc etc. Overall works well.
- (2023-02-27) S D (Diddy): Works well right off the bat with minimal setup. I haven't seen any ads yet - though there is a pro version. Many thanks to the developers!
- (2023-02-18) Chris: Esc key does not close the Reader, and it's a limited version restricted by a paywall.
- (2023-02-05) Kovid Khokar: really good app doesn't force you to pay for it and has the main features for free. personally i m a student so cant afford to pay. so i download the document as pdf and then edit it in a pdf reader
- (2023-01-30) 王小虎: could anyone tell me the shortcut key?
- (2023-01-18) Baylin Adam: Oke
- (2023-01-09) Darren McAffee: Fantastic for reading articles and saving as clean PDFs without ads for offline reading. However, it is not perfect yet. One article I was interested in was a microscopy article at https://www.olympus-lifescience.com/en/microscope-resource/primer/techniques/darkfield/ and in the reader mode, some of the images were stuck with a loading SVG. I realized that the img tag "srcset" was overriding "src" attribute, so after I inspected each img tag and deleted the "srcset" attribute then all the images appeared correctly and I could save the article as a clean PDF.
- (2022-12-16) Дмитрий Стрельцов: Sadly not have ability to save article as HTML with images
- (2022-12-13) Thien Thai: Doesn't work on some site that I need that work. Oh, i mean most of the site, newspaper, blog ... Maybe the site block crawling.
- (2022-12-05) Ahnastasia R. Alarcon: Does not bypass websites paywalls as advertised.
- (2022-11-21) Vlin: best ever, finally found it
- (2022-10-28) Cindy Bahl (Cindy): Used to like it but now some of the functionality doesn't work. I'm using the free version on Chrome and Brave. I look at my options to confirm images will be included. But they aren't.
- (2022-10-04) John Goundry: Really poor, can't bypass paywalls as advertised, simply turns pages into a text only format.
- (2022-09-13) Ife: cant print pages
- (2022-08-20) Omar Wahsha: good and easy to use can also change the color of the background
- (2022-08-13) Burner: Works but its paywalled. Nowhere does it say that its actually a trial. There's a limit on how many pages you can use reader mode on before it locks you out.
- (2022-08-13) Gigih Ramadhan: This extension is very good. we can change font and disable ads so i can read LN without being disturbed 8/10
- (2022-07-21) Chad Sparkes: I installed this extension when a specific article I wanted to read had a paywall. Installed, refreshed, hit the button, and while the page did get drastically simplified, the paywall did not go away.
- (2022-07-20) Carmine: problem is the target for profit profit, featuere behind a pay-retal check, too dam expensive aim to help those that have issue reading sure for what cost, profit on people disadvantages, don't feel great at all. Who ever is supporting this sub paying system too must consider the you doing bad thing to the comunty as whole. no evryone can make that much money and still have money to spear, is alrady hard living with a disavantage like not been able to read propely.
- (2022-07-08) Par Kla: Doesnt work as described. Pages look the same.
- (2022-07-08) - Herfen -: Viiiiiiiel zu teuer. Man kann eben nicht jeden Mist gegen monatl. Gebühr verhökern. Hoffe ihr habt eure richtigen Jobs noch nicht hingeschmissen.
- (2022-06-01) Armando Loyola: I'm looking for something simple, like the option that keeps disappearing from Chrome. Tired of having to reactivate it I was looking for an extension. This do the job, slower than the native option, but adds some unwelcome functionality. First it spam a pro version, and selected text has this floating menu with options I can't see ever using. I need less than this.
- (2022-03-23) duarte: Very good tool, sometimes it bugs the page but we can't have everything!!!
- (2022-03-01) Md. Nahidul Alam Chowdhury: Amazing.
- (2022-01-23) Onkar Charate: Best Extension For Reading
- (2021-12-03) Maurício de Sá Cominetti: Excellent extension, works like the reader mode of Safari on iPhone. Very helpful to read without distraction.
- (2021-10-29) Pat MySecret: It's a good reader that does seem to have a few perks/options that others don't. ..easy Twitter linking, nice placement of meta/link and author at top, aside from the numerous detailed options it offers. It does do some advertising
- (2021-09-16) Mauricio Andres Castaneda Acuna: No sirve para nada es una extensión pésima, aveces lee aveces no y cuando lee, lee menos de 10 palabras y ya, la desinstalo por eso mismo, no me sirvio para nada.
- (2021-09-15) Uriel Rivera: Buenísima para celular
- (2021-08-12) Zoran M: It's ok when it works, which it often doesn't. Choosing voice you have to scroll through dozens of those you don't need.
- (2021-07-23) Hank Cheng: I bought Reader Mode Pro and found a bug(voice would stop after a couples of lines). I reported the bug to the author, but I got no response. I want my money back.
- (2021-07-20) Colin Stodd: Definition of False advertisement. The description tells you, you get all these features, but you get a blank page with white background and black text for your options. I'm a developer, and it just inspired me to create something better and Freeer. To the developer: Strip the misleading text, you're only damaging your reputation as a clickbait/EMS chasing developer. or use a donation box. You'll make more money.
- (2021-03-19) Elvis C: Does not match with system theme. Hard to hate it because this is the best reader I have ever used on chrome.
- (2021-02-18) Michael Ye: Would love it if this chrome extension automatically turns on for articles without having to click it
- (2023-10-24, v:1.3.2) Olivier van der Sijs: Text inside of table is unaffected in dark mode.
On this page: https://angular.io/guide/forms-overview The text inside the <table> </table> tag is not affected when switching to dark mode.
- (2023-09-20, v:1.3.2) Joel Wyrick: Does not display some images
As an example, this url in reader mode doesn't display the image before, "The Best Way to Double-Check Your Story’s Theme" https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/storys-theme/
- (2023-08-09, v:1.2.6) Gerald Wexler: Dark mode prints all background black.
I love your app but it has one huge problem. I view and print almost sites I can in Dark mode. However, when printing a page in dark mode, the text comes out light, as it should, but the background is all black. Covering a page with black background is huge waste of toner and environmentally and financially wasteful. Your competition, Reader View, will print all pages displayed in dark mode with a standard white background, the way a printed page is meant to be displayed. Can you fix this. I love your app but have stopped using your app because of this major problem.
- (2023-02-10, v:1.2.6) Carol Metzger: How do I use this?
I have the extension active but I do not see how to use it to make a page easier to read.
- (2022-10-21, v:1.2.5) Matthew Trombley: How do I rewind?
If I miss something or want it read again without starting the entire page over, how do I go back/rewind?
- (2022-07-05, v:1.2.5) Erin Larsen: Cutting of Articles
Hello, my articles are getting cut off... how do I prevent this from happening?
- (2022-03-01, v:1.2.5) Md. Nahidul Alam Chowdhury: Auto run
How can I auto-run reader mode for all websites? (probably, by using regular expression.) Thanks.
- (2021-11-07, v:1.2.5) Xavier Bellanca: Why I can't see the reader mode on the whole page?
Hi. I've installed the Reader Mode extension but it seems it doesn't work properly. To be more specific, when I turn on the extension the window in reading mode appears only in the right side of the screen, wide about 250 pixel, while in the background remains the original page. It looks quite annoying. Please, can you help me to fix this? Thank you in advance.
- (2021-07-06, v:1.2.5) Bang2 Highlights: Lost Pro Key
I think I have lost my premium key. Is there any way to contact you and find it?
- (2021-06-12, v:1.2.5) Frances Cherman: Two suggestions
Please add: 1. Multiple highlighting colors 2. Allow an option to remove the website name from the page title. This could be achieved via: a) a user option to use the <h1> element instead of the <title> element as the page title; or b) a script that looks for the typical separators in a page title, such as an "en" dash surrounded by space characters (e.g. The Sun Also Rises – Amazon); or c) the option for the reader to edit the title without going into the Chrome Inspector, which is what I currently have to do.
- (2021-04-07, v:1.2.5) Gary Haag: Pages on Kaggle.com do not load any content
For example, https://www.kaggle.com/dansbecker/underfitting-and-overfitting, activating reading mode just removes the content. I know this is running in a jupyter notebook which I assume is the likely reason.
- (2021-01-19, v:1.2.5) Sundeep Aulakh: Reader Mode
My extension is enabled but reader mode is not working.
- (2021-01-18, v:1.2.5) Fedele Cavaliere: Website crawling problem
This website doesn't crawl the entire content, please check in order to improve the extension ;) https://www.studenti.it/biografia-giovanni-giolitti.html This is a page example
- (2021-01-17, v:1.2.5) Fahim Amin: U
How can I turn on text mode or reader mode
- (2020-12-31, v:1.2.5) Sal A: Activation
I paid for Reader Mode but now it is asking for my activation code. I have no idea where I can find my receipt
- (2020-10-22, v:1.2.5) kyamwk: How do I scroll down using a keyboard keys only?
Hi there, A big thank you for developing such a useful app. It is a game changer especially for website with many advertisements. I do have problems after using a keyboard shortcut to activate the reader mode. There are two scroll bars and pressing down on my keyboard only moves the scroll bar on the right which does not move the page down. Please help! Thanks!
- (2020-06-11, v:1.2.4) Little Lion: Firefox app
Hello, i have a request. Can you please implement the app in firefox? It looks really cool, but a lot of people like me don't want to use Chrome. I would be happy if you can do that. Best regards, Philipp
- (2020-05-28, v:1.2.4) vinu thomas: Text-to-speech
T2S skips bullet points text. Test it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/modules/data-engineering-processes/4-architecturing-project
- (2020-05-12, v:1.2.4) Jack Randall: Can you change the hotkey for enabling reader mode? Surely you know Shift + Command Z is a popular command for "redo".
Can you change the hotkey for enabling reader mode? Surely you know Shift + Command Z is a popular command for "redo".
- (2020-04-21, v:1.2.2) Ashutosh prusty: Free version gives nothing
Atleast make Sepia Free. Other extension providing lot of feature for free. Though this extension is highly customizable in pro mode, free version gives little to none. Also payment method, please make it flexible.
- (2020-04-13, v:1.2.1) Marc Jemuel Que: Zira Voice is not working
It doesnt work and just uses David.
- (2020-03-06, v:1.2.0) Stephen Smith: Cannot get my Premium app on Chrome
I paid for Premium, but the app on chrome says I only have the regular free app. Can you please help me get this. szs
- (2020-02-03, v:1.1.5) Camden Bassett: Auto-run doesn't work
I've tried adding a few different autorun rules, but it never seems to auto run. Is there an extra step I'm missing?
Please remove tracking code from the app as suggested in review. Thank you.
- (2019-11-22, v:1.0.8) Richard Howard: Will this read Amazon Kindle web content?
Will this extension read from read.amazon.com?
- (2019-11-20, v:1.0.8) Sanya Luxury: TTS
Not work Text-to-speech Google русский (ru-Ru). Please, fix it. But good work Text-to-speech Microsoft Irina Dekstop Russian (ru-Ru).