A feature-packed distraction-free web reader with dyslexia support and research tools
Reader Mode is a feature-packed Chrome reading extension and web app that removes clutter, ads and distractions, while also includes dyslexia support, bookmarking, annotating, highlighting, text-to-speech and many other features all in one tool. This is the PRO and paid version of the Reader Mode extension and requires a license to use it. You can buy yours at https://readermode.io Features: ✔ Distraction-free and ad-free "Reader Mode" ✔ Deletion of unwanted elements ✔ Theme customization ✔ Custom theme ✔ Custom CSS ✔ Print pages ✔ Fullscreen mode ✔ Auto-run ability ✔ Save edited pages ✔ Share To Twitter ✔ Dyslexia Fonts ✔ Dyslexia Ruler ✔ Text To Speech ✔ Article Outline ✔ Text annotating and highlighting ✔ Notes List ✔ Auto-scroll functionality ✔ Dark Panel Mode ✔ Google Search ✔ Google Translate ✔ Remove footer option ✔ Cloud storage ✔ Share pages in Reader Mode format ✔ Read-it-later mode ✔ Full-text search ✔ Favourites ✔ Organization folders ✔ Tags for pages ✔ Sync styles To see all the features and learn more, check out https://readermode.io ##### Changelog ##### Version 1.2.6 (13/9/2020) -Added Lexend fonts Version 1.2.5 (22/4/2020) -Fixed syntax error when there’s no author found Version 1.2.4 (22/4/2020) -Fixed links not working after deletion mode -Set max-width for all elements to 100% Version 1.2.3 (15/4/2020) -Author is default to “Unknown author” if not found -Show “Saved” notice if article is already saved -Auto-saved page when highlighting -Added pre tags styles for codes Version 1.2.2 (19/3/2020) -Fixed Toolbar css affected issue Version 1.2.1 -Fixed empty Auto-run issue Version 1.2.0 -Fixed outline li default style -Removed default line-height css from default and app -Removed inline css styles -Removed Headings from settings -Removed cr-saved-info and cd-footer default colors -Removed updateTheme function -Fixed highlighter color for Dark Theme issue -Fixed Auto Scroll setting not saving issue -Fixed TTS Pitch not saving issue -Removed “DId you know…” popup Version 1.1.9 -Fixed font style options Version 1.1.8 -Fixed color queries Version 1.1.7 -Fixed Saved Panel button colors -Renamed "Auto-run Domain Rules" to "Auto-run Rules" Version 1.1.6 -Fixed background color & text color conflict issue -Added Headings style setting -Added Themes -Fixed sans-serif font not saving issue -Increased maximum Dyslexia Ruler height to 250px Version 1.1.5 -Added indicator when the main menu is active -Moved Custom CSS settings panel to the bottom -Fixed auto height for options panel -Fixed some font styles not saving issue -Rearranged font options position Version 1.1.4 -Rearranged main menu for better readability -Used global address for Google Search -Included li tag in text color changes Version 1.1.3 -Added Saved/Removed Info Panel -Allow Note panel to be resizable Version 1.1.2 -Fixed Meta not saving issue Version 1.1.1 - Removed Analytics Version 1.1.0 - Updated description Version 1.0.9 - Fixed reader’s width not-saving issue - Fixed overflow text for meta info - Added style for quotes content - Fixed auto-run rules grammar mistakes - Removed Helvetica Neue font - Set default font as Arial - Notes List is set to “Show” by default
- (2022-05-01) Pat MySecret: Immediately asked for a License Activation key. Couldn't use it.
- (2021-01-22) andrej almasi: I have bought it now, but I am little bit disapointed because of the auto scroll. I have set up for e.g. on 100.000 or 60.000ms of scrolling speed, but after while it runs away again. Does anybody the same problem? This feature I value very much, unfortunately it doesn't work well yet. thx for answer.
- (2020-11-25) Emil Yanborisov: Расширение отличное, но есть одна проблема, которая очень им мешает пользоваться: если добавить статью в сохраненные (например, при выделении заметки это делается автоматически), то при повторном открытии этой же статьи вместо нее будет непонятный набор символов. Разработчику информацию отправил, жду исправления
- (2020-06-28) Peter S: Text gets corrupted when saved. After highlighting and saving file, when revisited there are many issues with missing apostrophes and hyphens, text replicated, etc. The errors weren't there first time through. No way to clear it up, even after deleting the saved file and starting over. I contacted developer in early May and no response. Not useable for the main reasons I paid for Pro.
- (2020-03-11) Toki: Really works! Beautiful! Thanks
- (2020-02-21) Leon Freier: What you build is truly the perfect tool for me as it doesn't tempt my wandering and always curious mind into stumbling to the next rabbit hole and getting completely sidetracked. Reading one thing and 15 min later, I find myself with 25 new tabs that all sound interesting, and I would like to read them - but they also have ten new pathways for more to click on and look at on them. I happily bought this for my team and for me after testing out the free version for less than 30 seconds!
- (2019-11-18) Anibal Pacheco: I was having issues registering the extension and Ryzal was extremely helpful and patient while walking me through the registration process. The extension works as advertised and it will save me tons of time while reading online articles and doing academic research. Thanks again for your hard work and outstanding customer support.
- (2019-11-04) Fajar Siddiq: This is awesome, i’m using it now!!! I’m reading my favorite article & is really useful! I can go to my favorite articles now without worrying about white background as i love DARKMODE, is good for my eyes!!! Thank you for making this, worth the dollar.
- (2021-05-08, v:1.2.6) Paul Knox: Font selections
Is there a way I can add fonts to the menu in the style menu? I want at least one font in which the zero character is slashed (not dotted) so that it is easily distinguishable from a capital letter O. Here are some preferred options (most free): Inconsolata, PT Mono, Roboto Mono, Fira Code, Consolas or Anonymous Pro. I would like to add at least 2 fonts with slashed zero. Thanks, P
- (2021-03-02, v:1.2.6) Sarah Heiner: Reader stops at paragraph breaks
The reader reads great for one paragraph and then stops at the paragraph break - I cannot get it to go to the next paragraph manually and I don't want to have to - I want it to read smoothly without me having to manually keep it moving.
- (2021-01-10, v:1.2.6) Madeleine P: remove the "generated with reader mode" comment
I would like to remove the "generated with reader mode" note at the end of every page so I can print without it.
- (2020-07-30, v:1.2.5) Steve Revier: Activate second device
Have Reader Mode Pro activated on Windows 10. Would like to activate it on Linux Kubuntu unable to. It just tells me this "Limit: 2 Activations - 1 used, 1 left" and this "Device Activation Date Chrome on Windows 10.0 30/04/2020 at 7:58am" Nowhere can I find an option to activate a second device. Thanks, Steve
- (2020-05-14, v:1.2.5) антон блинов: Partnership with Extouch
Hello, My name is Anton. I represent the interests of the Extouch.net. Our company has a big experience in monetizing of search traffic, browser extensions and software. We are interested in attracting new partners for long-term cooperation. We have a big interest in your extension and I want to discuss with you how you can monetize it with us. I will be brief, I know how to monitize searches from omnibox and new tab from your extention. It does not harm the reputation of your product, you will make money just because your users use search engines. We are ready to offer you - Up to $50 per 1000 searches (from tier1 countries). - Technical Support for Integration - Personal manager with 24/7 availability I would happy to help you and answer any your questions. With regards, Anton Blinov Development manager of Extouch [email protected] Skype: live:.cid.ea26a8282e5bc998
- (2020-05-13, v:1.2.5) Vytautas Ziedelis: text to speach
the text to speach feeture does not work, at a moment it is not possable to change tts voice, even if you change to something else the voice still is saime as it was. it never worked actually. very important feeture and it does not work it is a simple bug to find so why is it not fixed yet i just don't understand.
- (2020-05-11, v:1.2.5) Peter S: Text gets corrupted
Just bought pro version yesterday so I could highlight. Seemed to work well for a while, but then noticed many issues with missing apostrophes and hyphens, text replicated, etc. The errors weren't there first time through. No way to clear it up, even after deleting the saved file and starting over. Happens on multiple sites. (I have images of a few examples available.) Please advise.
- (2020-02-29, v:1.1.9) Jono L: How to add back missing elements
Reader Mode cleans up web site content really nicely. At the same time removes important items such as the title of an article and company logo. How could we selectively restore those automatically removed elements?
- (2020-02-05, v:1.1.5) Camden Bassett: Auto-run In Reader Mode Pro doesn't work
I posted about this issue on the normal "Reader Mode" extension, but I bought the pro version afterwards and still had the same issue, so I'll post it here as well. I've tried adding a few different autorun rules, but it never seems to auto run. Here's a link to a video I made showing what I'm doing. https://youtu.be/JTbSDMEE03k . Basically I added a url contains "typescript" rule.