Highlight multiple words separated by comma, space or arbitrary separator with persistent history
This extension is meant to highlight multiple terms on large documents as fast as possible. This version uses native highlighting which guarantees the highliest possible searching performance without altering the DOM tree. Features: 1. Does not manipulate DOM tree 2. Fast response on large document trees 3. Fast response on multiple queries 3. Supports regular expression highlighting 4. Supports a few different word separator 5. Supports keyboard navigation (Enter to search for the next match and Shift + Enter to search the previous match) 6. Works completely offline Privacy: This extension works completely offline. There is no server-side interaction whatsoever. Query History: This extension automatically saves your search queries per domain (After pressing Enter or Shift + Enter). It offers the previous queries when the popup appears on the same domain. To alter the storage method, visit the options page. Keyboard Shortcuts: This extension supports keyword-only usage: -> Open chrome://extensions/shortcuts in a browser tab -> Find the extension and assign a keyboard shortcut 1. You can open the search panel by configuring a shortcut for it. 2. You can also automatically search for the last search query without opening the search interface 3. There is a keyboard shortcut to hide search results as well in this interface. -- When the interface is open: 1. Press the Enter key to find the next match 2. Press the Shift + Enter keys to find the previous match 3. Press the Esc key to close the search panel 4. Press the Shift + Esc keys to close the search panel and keep the highlights Introduction: This extension can be used to dynamically mark search terms with optional custom regular expressions support and offers you built-in options like diacritics support or separate word search. The interface is similar to the default browser's find interface. You can press the Enter key to select the next occurrence, or press the Shift + Enter combination for backward matching. This extension works offline and has no server-side interaction whatsoever to protect user privacy. Also, it only gets activated once the user opens the popup. There is no resource usage when the extension is not being used. To enhance the searching capability of the extension, sub-queries are only being applied to the page once.
- (2022-12-25) YS: It can change colors of highlights. Though UI is not perfect.
- (2022-11-06) Glen Allsopp: This extension saves me hours every month. Couldn't recommend it higher.
- (2022-10-05) Matthew J: Works great on everything except for in-browser PDFs, which is annoying because PDFs are mostly where this is used.
- (2022-06-13) Nicholas Gerhard: Helps with data entry and keeping track of a lot of id numbers on one page, cheers!
- (2022-06-09) Pat MySecret: Nice. Good for Multi Hilite. I was on a long scrolling website, and I realized that when I use Ctrl-F, it would kick me back to the top. I knew I needed something better, and I had wanted a multi-word hiliter anyways. So far, this is the best I have found for the web. It will carry the search through about 3-4 page scrolls with hilites and will never kick me back to the top, but I hope for something that will take it even further.
- (2022-06-01) Angel Snowflakes: does not work in PDFs
- (2022-04-07) stone me: good.
- (2022-03-22) Andrey Korzh: good work, also it works with his "Search all Tabs" [https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-all-tabs/ndfnfhnlgoocpbbjjjfmiojdfcgcfomn]
- (2022-03-05) Edison Cataina: Very Helpfull
- (2022-02-15) metlife lol: 유일하게 찾은 단어 위치 마우스 클릭으로 다음 순서대로 찾아갈수 있게 설정된 앱이네요 다른건 그냥 찾은 단어 색깔만 나오고 스크롤을 일부러 해봐야 알수 있는데 화면도 간단하고 심플해서 좋음 조금만 더 길이가 짧았으면 완벽할텐데
- (2022-02-15) Daniel N: Nice extension, does what it promises. Would be nice if it replaced the default search from the browser
- (2022-02-13) Pie Dev: Would be great to get some more options, such as the ability to autorun on page load without having to open the popup.
- (2022-01-23) Arpad Orfi: This is a very good extension. I like its built-in diacritics support - although it doesn't fully work, i.e. not with all diacritics (öüóőúéáűí - these are all the Hungarian accented letters. I assume the developer should examine all the accented letters in various other languages, e.g. Czech, Slovakian, German, etc.). Jumping from word hit to word hit is also a nice to have feature. Altogether, I prefer the Multi Highlight extension offered by: VinC. Both are equally good - it depends on your particular needs.
- (2021-12-09) Todor Tashev: This is by far the best multi-serach and highlight tool out there. It is making a huge difference in my daily life and I can't imagine living without it. It may not be perfect, but it is developing and has a great future. Big thanks to the developer!
- (2021-12-09) Tony González: It was working perfectly but from today it just underlines the words and does not highlight them, I don't know why, I haven't change anything and I checked the config, can't figure out why, I'll probably change to another extension if I can't solve it.
- (2021-08-13) Mike Savad: i would have loved to use this thing. but its flakey at best. it doesn't always remember to turn itself on, on every page. today it wouldn't highlight a single term, it chose random things to highlight. i need something easy and consistent and its not this.
- (2021-07-22) Thank you, miracle app! It would be ideal to optimize it and add hotkeys for quick opening. And so the application is great, analogues are rest
- (2021-06-02) Daniel Hightech: Very useful with regard to allow me to spend less time finding key information in texts. It's not rated at 5 starts because sometimes it doesn't highlight the words.
- (2021-03-25) Nguyên Phúc Đào: Best highlight extension ever
- (2021-03-08) Noormohammad Bhuayan: best for multi keyword search
- (2021-03-03) Gábor Klement: I am searching for these kind of extensions since efTwo is dead but every one of them are useless, not working or not user friendly at all. I can't express how grateful I am.
- (2021-02-17) Very useful extension, It works on my device very well.Thanks to the developer.
- (2020-10-11) Angela Chang: Works as a highlighter for locating different keywords simultaneously. I use it for grading student essays where they have to use vocabulary.