Browser extension to copy hyperlinks, images, and selected text as Markdown
Features: The extension allows you to copy selected text on a page as Markdown with support for features including the following - Ability to copy links, images, and selected text as Markdown. - Linked images, will have options to individually select link or images. - Formatted text such as Italic, bold, strike-through, and inline code. - Unordered and ordered lists, with task lists support. - Tables, with respect to GFM. - Fenced code blocks, with language detection using info strings. Note: When copying links and images, Chrome doesn’t let you extract images alt text or anchors text content to be used in Markdown, instead the links themselves are used as link title. Firefox doesn’t have this limitation though. Permissions: The extension requires the following permission from you for working. 1. `contextMenus`: to show option when right-clicking. 2. `activeTab`: to be able to access content on page. 3. `clipboardWrite`: to be able to write data to clipboard (we still can’t read from your clipboard). The extension can only write to your clipboard and not read from it in any way.
- (2022-03-06) Tomo K: Good, it worked immediatelly formatting bold text and link.
- (2022-02-16) Carlos Lescano: It lacks ability to copy current page link as markdown with title as text!
- (2022-01-23) Sirly: It would be better if can convert HTML LaTex content to markdown LaTex.
- (2021-02-13) Павел Турханов: Thank you so much, this works great, it's so simple and convenient! I use it to create notes in my Obsidian.
- (2021-01-10) R R: Actually does what I need to do, thank you!
- (2020-11-18) Guan Greet: Amazing tool!
- (2020-11-08) Daniyal Ahmed: This is the best Markdown tool! I use it for Obsidian.md everyday!
- (2022-07-16, v:188.8.131.52) Frederic DUCROS: Can't access options
Hi all, I am using Copy as Markdown in Brave Browser. I cannot seem to get to the options menu as it doesn't display completely. How can I see and change the options (maybe directly in the files), to get a shortcut to copy as Markdown?