This extension copies selected area as Markdown.
This extension adds a button and a context menu item to copy selected region as a Markdown text. You can copy the text which includes links, items or headings from Chrome browser to Markdown document. Source code is available here.: https://github.com/knaka/markdown-copy
- (2021-03-22) 정정: Definitely one of the best I've ever had! Oldies but goodies? This plugin does what others can't do.
- (2020-12-09) Паша Каптановская: old extension, but works for me fine in Chrome 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu 20.10 steps to reproduce: 1. install extension 2. open new page or update opened earlier 3. select text 4. right-click it 5. choose <Copy as Markdown>
- (2020-03-15) John Smith: It works, but you have to highlight the text manually, instead of right click on a the link like other easier extensions (like Copy as Markdown by yorkxin, that have permission to read all your browsing history = bad). BTW, you can change the scope of its permission to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" to "When you click on the extension" by right clicking on the extension icon. This one copies from links: [Markdown Linker](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/markdown-linker/kgadgjmlofjccpefhdagbonmohjknlll?hl=en)
- (2019-03-06) This is useful to me, but sometimes it doesn't work until many times retry.
- (2017-12-13) Jonathan Littlewood: Doesn't appear to work. Right-clicking highlighted text displays "Copy as Markdown" in the context menu, but selecting this or the icon in the bookmark bar doesn't update the copy buffer in any way.
- (2017-11-21) Sunjay Varma: This actually works! I tried so many others that didn't. Thank you!
- (2017-04-09) Dookin: Don't even work