An extension to stash and snapshot groups of tabs
Tabalanche is an extension that lets you stash away tabs for pages that you might want to revisit later, but are cluttering up your window right now. Unlike other similar extensions, Tabalanche stays quick and smooth, even when you save hundreds of tabs a week.
- (2019-04-02) moustafa Hassan: why there is no sync function ?
- (2018-05-15) Andrew Stewart: I don't often review chrome extensions, but this is truly fantastic. As others have said, it blows OneTab out of the water in terms of responsiveness.
- (2017-07-26) David Moore: Stuart, great work. I use this app all the time and I have a personal fork I use to cut down the clutter. There is only one other app that I have found that I like as much as this (OneTab is evil) -- It's known as Tabulator and it sits unmaintained here: https://github.com/greduan/chrome-ext-tabulator I have been trying to implement a major feature from that app in yours for a while but I keep failing at making it work: removable tab groups. Could you make tab capturing groups that can be removed in chunks a la Tabulator?
- (2017-02-15) Irina Popova: I can't compare how well Tabalanche holds up to OneTab when I have 7000 etc tabs, but so far at a low number of tabs, I prefer OneTab. I am having problems with OneTab at a high number of tabs though. I rarely want to save tabs in any way other than all tabs I have open in the window, so I don't like having to think about where I need to click instead of just clicking the Tabalanche button. It would be nice if there was a setting to change that. More importantly, Tabalanche won't let me open multiple saved tabs at the same time. I don't want to click through all of the tabs in one group to open them.
- (2016-09-17) Narun Wenas: All the tabs I have saved on this just vanished. Is there a way to recover those? Good thing, I didn't use this to save my important bookmarks as its new and with only few users with no reviews yet.
- (2016-06-14) cerge74: Very good!
- (2015-11-13) Stuart Bentley: Granted, I wrote this extension, so I'm biased, but its performance and usability are a perfect fit for how I want to deal with tabs.
- (2017-11-25, v:1.1.0) Sverre M.B. Dohmen: Tabalanche just DIED
Tabalanche just stopped working. I tried installing it again. Same result. Tabalanche is DEAD - and with it to the grave it has taken thousands of links that I have gathered.
- (2017-05-14, v:1.1.0) Tabalanche stopped working
One day (I don't remember exactly when, but about a week ago or so) tabalanche just stopped working - I can click an icon to open to select which tabs to store, but clicking any option doesn't do anything (menu doesn't even close). I can open dashboard, load tabs (I also think they were deleted automatically when opening them with LMB) but I couldn't import anything (I used an export option first so I didn't really lose any tabs). Basically it seems that tabalanche can't write any new information to it's dashboard at all. Completely reinstalling addon didn't help.
- (2016-10-16, v:1.1.0) Opening whole group
Could you add an option to open/load whole group of tabs? It's a bit annoying to need to click every stored tab to load whole group. It's not a problem for small number of tabs, but I often find myself storing 20+ tabs at once.
- (2016-09-16, v:1.1.0) Narun Wenas: Tabs saved vanished
All the tabs I have saved on this just vanished. Is there a way to recover those?