Dvorak International keyboard
Only for ChromeOS. This will add the Dvorak International keyboard to the keyboards available under US English.
- (2019-06-01) Wilhelm Eberhard: Thanks a lot for this! I need to type in Spanish, Portuguese, French and German, and I use the Dvorak Spanish International layout. This layout is included in every Linux distro, and includes characters not included in Dvorak International (not to mention that the h and the r are swapped, which is a big problem for me, as I'm mistyping them all the time). Could you please make it available? The Spanish Dvorak International also allows you to type in Esperanto, which I do occasionally. This is, for me, one of the most useful Chromebook ressources. Thanks again!
- (2019-04-10) Andrew Ranger: I've used it for years, this is the end all keyboard for any languages I've studied I think it's stopped working!!!
- (2018-06-23) johnwang16: Thank you so much for creating this. Makes it effortless to add exactly what I needed to my chromebook.
- (2018-02-03) Neale Pickett: Thank you for creating this so I didn't have to :)
- (2017-09-13) Andy Rollyson: Well, if it had any instructions that would be helpful. I've added extension, clicked on it, tried typing.... and nothing. There are no links for how to activate it etc.
- (2016-11-16) Haley Walker: How to use this extension is kind of dodgy. Sometimes I type "Itś" instead of "It's" because for some reason those characters are deadkeys without pressing AltGr. Better controls are necessary, like only making " and ' act like deadkeys while pressing AltGr, like in any other operating system.
- (2016-07-27) Kvazau: Does exactly what you expect. I use this for Esperanto. To type a circumflex (ĉĝĥĵŝ), type a caret (^) firstly (as a dead key), then type the character you need to apply the circumflex to. To use a breve (ŭ), press RightAlt+Shift+9, followed by the letter u.
- (2015-12-26) John Stewart: Solves a very real problem quite elegantly.
- (2015-11-10) David Peach: Exactly what I needed. Thanks! I usually use Dvorak and type in English. But occasionally I need to write in Spanish and this makes the accents so much easier.
- (2015-10-08) Sami L: I would like to have an user manual for this. How can you get A with dots and O with dots? It is so different from OSX US International Dvorak.