Adds monotonic Dvorak, polytonic and polytonic Dvorak keyboard layouts for ChromeOS.
Adds 3 alternative keyboard layouts for the Greek language. NOTE: This extension works only in ChromeOS. After installation follow the steps below, or watch instructions on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0EMBqWI8o 1) Open Chrome OS Settings from the system tray in the bottom right corner. 2) Click on "Advanced" on the left to expand the advanced settings. 3) Click on "Languages and inputs" If you have not added "Greek" as a language already, follow steps 4-7, otherwise skip straight to step 8 4) Click the "Languages row 5) Click the "+ Add Languages" button 6) In the dialog that comes up, type "greek". Check the checkbox and click "Add" 7) Click the left arrow button next to the "Languages" header 8) Click the "Inputs" row 9) Click the "+ Add input methods" button 10) In the dialog that comes up, type "greek". You should see the following options - Greek Dvorak Monotonic - Greek Dvorak Polytonic - Greek Polytonic 11) Check the checkbox next to the desired layout(s) and click the "Add" button. You are done! If you have more than one keyboard layouts, press Ctrl+Shift+Space to switch between them, or use the button in the system tray. v3.0.0: - Fixed bug not showing breathing marks on rho - Fixed bug with upper case omega
- (2022-08-04) Fr. David Elias: It works well, however it messes up something with the onscreen keyboard for all other lanugages. So if you use it, then plan on not using the onscreen keyboard even with any other language.
- (2022-05-19) francis charles: Works very well, thank you
- (2021-08-23) Archer H: For the most part this works wonderful! I cannot find the middot/ half pause to save my life, any advice?
- (2021-02-10) gangersterwolf22: Doesn't work.
- (2020-02-25) Kaitlyn Dolden: Still doesnt work
- (2019-02-22) Vanessa L: does.not.work
- (2017-09-08) Wilbert van Ham: Perfect, does as advertised in the expected way.
- (2017-09-03) Rick Rijpers: doesn't work
- (2017-07-28) Angel Umeh: It's totally useless. Doesn't work at all.
- (2015-08-27) Gina Voumvoulaki: Doesnt work
- (2022-05-19, v:3.0.0) francis charles: Greek Polytonic Keyboard Extension
The extension works exceptionally well but when I use the Linux container on my chromebook I can use the Greek letters but not the accents or breathings. On Libreoffice a notice appears saying the Greek Polytonic Keyboard is not supported yet. The "yet" is tantalising.
- (2022-02-23, v:3.0.0) Pastor Mike Measley: diaeresis
How do you type a diaeresis? Thank you for your work on this keyboard!
- (2020-08-11, v:3.0.0) Emmanouil Avramidis: Android instability
Viber android app (basically the whole android system) collapsing when trying to use EL (Greek polytonic) layout on my pixelbook go.
- (2019-08-11, v:3.0.0) Robert Goulding: Extension stopped working
Using ChromeOS 75.0.3770.144 - and just in the last few days (I think) Greek input methods have disappeared from the settings menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, but it didn't work
- (2018-10-06, v:2.0.1) Robert Goulding: Stopped working?
Just since the last Chrome OS update (70.0.3538.34 Beta) when I switch to the Polytonic keyboard, no input at all happens.
- (2018-04-07, v:2.0.1) Robert Goulding: No breathing marks on rho
This extension works very well on my Chromebook. The only problem: I cannot put either breathing mark onto the rho. Hitting "r" after the dead key doesn't do anything.
- (2017-09-21, v:2.0.1) Hernan Wu: Grave accent
I can't do the grave accent with the polytonic Greek keyboard. Anyone figured it out?
- (2016-08-09, v:2.0.1) N H: Accent marks don't work.
I can't get the accent marks to work, and I can't find a guide to this keyboard.
- (2015-08-02, v:2.0.1) Help?
This is brilliant! I hate to ask, but how did you do it? I'd love to add my own custom layouts to ChromeOS, or at least fix the broken US Colemak, but I have not been able to make any headway.
- (2015-05-13, v:2.0.1) William Chan: Breathing
Hi, I'm also a Greek student, and I was wondering about what key combinations put rough or hard breathings over words that start with vowels. Also, what key combinations would add the breathings to the different accent marks, mainly the acute and circumflex. Thanks in advance.
- (2015-03-28, v:2.0.1) Paul Nitz: Dvorak Polytonic Greek
I only once found a Dvorak Polytonic layout for Windows. It was okay, but I had to rearrange some keys for it to be truly usable. I would love to see your Polytonic layout and compare it to what I have. Can you post it online somewhere as a kbd file?
- (2015-03-16, v:2.0.0) ThatBarnsleyGuy92: Iota Subscript
Hi, I'm a Greek language student and I can add all the various accents fine, but I have trouble with iota subscript, which in usually found in polytonic greek keyboards. I'm using Arial font if that helps, as it is a unicode font.
- (2015-03-01, v:2.0.0) larry woodall: alternative greek keyboard layouts
i can't get chrome store to add this app to my chrome