Keyboard shortcuts for Google Play Music.
Control Google Play Music playback with keyboard shortcuts from any tab. Uses the Chrome Commands API to provide keybind functionality to avoid requiring permission to access to all websites (http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/commands.html). Keybinds can be configured from the "Configure commands" dialog on the chrome://extensions/ page. Source is on GitHub: https://github.com/metzen/google-play-music-shortcuts
- (2019-02-13) Bohdan Yatsenko: Media keys doesn't work
- (2014-12-06) Anders Fischer: Easy to use and very useful
- (2014-05-21) Oscar Villarreal: worked great. a little hard to find where to change the commands. but once i found them is set them up as a macro to connect to my keyboards music keys. only thing i have to do is press the music next/ prev or pause key on keyboard and it controls it even if im on another program
- (2014-05-08) Richard Janda: Jsem velice spokojen. Našel jsem, co jsem nutně potřeboval. Než stačím kliknout na chrome a vybrat kartu s hudbou a dávat stop, tak je jednodušší klávesová zkratka. Nefunguje zkratka další a předchozí skladba.
- (2014-04-03) Joe Breslin: Could be great, but only Pause/Play worked, even after changing shortcuts in chrome://extensions/
- (2014-03-30) Steve Gilberd: Can't bind media keys.
- (2014-01-30) Roul Duke: I don't see the promised 'Configure commands' dialog on the chrome://extensions/ page, but I've found the shortcuts here... Dang... only pause works! I wonder if the other two are being consumed by my wm?
- (2014-01-08) Majk Cajk: not bad! play and pause works perfectly but next and previous song doesnt work :/
- (2013-12-21) Nice idea. Exactly what I need, but unfortunately previous/next song shortcuts don't work. :-(
- (2013-12-17) Justin Justin: Play and pause seems to work, but not next song, previous song...
- (2013-12-05) psychomaniac189: crap
- (2013-12-03) William Robertson: Its not impossible to change shortcuts. Its just really hard to find. You have to go to chrome://extensions/ scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and look for the text link "Keyboard shortcuts". This will open up a popup. Then just go to "Keyboard shortcuts for Google Play Music" and you will find the 3 shortcuts for play, next and previous.
- (2013-11-27) David Outrata: Imposible to change shortcuts...
- (2013-08-20) Bob Murrell: From the details: "Keybinds can be configured from the "Configure commands" dialog on the chrome://extensions/ page" This is false - there's no way to configure. Would give a higher rating if this was true. For now, it does what I want, but wish I could actually bind events to a configured key.
- (2013-07-02) Dominik Bartsch: Does what it should. Thanks to the other Review I know the Shortcuts :)
- (2013-05-16) Precisely what I needed. It was a little tricky to figure out the shortcut commands.. I had to look in the Github repo for that. For reference: Alt+Shift+P = Pause/play Alt+Shift+J = Next track Alt+Shift+K = Prev track You must have a Chrome window in active in order for these to work.
- (2015-02-25, v:1.0) Mark Finney: Fix
Brilliant concept which is an fundamental for Play Music, however it doesn't work, please fix.
- (2015-02-25, v:1.0) Mark Finney: Tutorial
Post pictures in the display for this extension, of instructions to guide new users to alternate extensions in the current chrome format.
- (2015-01-15, v:1.0) Carlos R.: Last update broke this extension
Since last google chrome update I can't control the music; it just doesn't work anymore :(
- (2013-11-28, v:1.0) Andrea Corti: next and previous track don't work
next and previous track don't work, can you solve it? play/pause music it's ok ;)
- (2013-05-14, v:1.0) hey
just found this extension... but I can't customize keyboard shortcuts at all on the extension page. any help?