Assign hotkeys to play/pause, and switch music. Works with Spotify, Deezer, SoundCloud, Youtube and Youtube Music.
A Chrome extension that assigns hotkeys and shortcuts to play/pause, and to switch music (next and previous). If no player is currently opened, it fires up Spotify. If there is more player tabs than one, it follows this order of priority: Spotify > Deezer > SoundCloud > Youtube Works with: • Spotify • Deezer • SoundCloud • Youtube
- (2020-01-24) Travis Martin: I've never written a review for an extension before, but I just had to comment on this. I spent all morning installing and uninstalling different extensions to be able to control the Spotify Web Player and not a single one of them worked. I installed this one, went to the Extensions -> Keyboard shortcuts page, and set my keyboard's media keys. Started working immediately. Now I can control Spotify from any screen, where as before, I couldn't even use the media keys when I was directly on the page. Shout out to the developer on this one. Simple and works great! Haven't tested other services yet, but for Spotify's web player it's fantastic.
- (2019-11-07) Mega Drago: don't work
- (2019-07-12) Benjamin: works like a charm !
- (2019-05-26) Jace Simons: So simple it's perfect. Just install it, and if your keyboard already has media keys, it will just default to using those. As for assigning custom media keys, I didn't venture into that. I used it to add media key functionality to YT Music, and it works flawlessly. No delay or anything. Just what you'd expect.
- (2017-10-28) Funciona muito bem, mas é um pouco difícil encontrar como usar.
- (2017-08-11) Diego Leonardo: Grande sacada. Muito bom, recomendo!!
- (2017-08-10) Jefferson Augusto: Muito bom, recomendo.
- (2017-08-10) Thiago Cordeiro: Very nice, congratulations!!!
- (2020-06-22, v:1.3.2) Chris S.: Spotify Play/Pause broken
Hello, thanks for this extension! Unfortunately the play/pause hotkey is not working (anymore?). Next and previous track hotkeys do work, so I suppose the webpage has changed.
- (2019-10-20, v:1.3.1) Alastair Stewart: hello
Hello, I love this product but it does not work for playing or paying spotify web. it can move to next song or previous on my google chromebook and there are no native buttons to do this on the keyboard. Could you please advise?