Control Google Music, Pandora, and Spotify with a popup and keyboard shortcuts.
MiniPlay extends Google Play Music, Pandora, and Spotify Web with keyboard shortcuts, a miniplayer, Last.fm scrobbling, rich notifications, and more! ---------------- FEATURES ---------------- - Control playback from a popup - Browse and search through your library (currently only Google Music is supported) - Global (Chrome-wide) shortcuts - Rich notifications with actions - Last.fm scrobbling ------------------- PERMISSIONS ------------------- MiniPlay uses the following permissions: - Notifications: MiniPlay optionally displays rich notifications when a new song starts - Storage: MiniPlay associates your settings with your Chrome account, so your settings are consistent across computers - Tabs: MiniPlay needs to hook into music player tabs to function properly. Also, because some streaming services host their album art images on other domains, MiniPlay requires a more general permission to read data on any website. ------------------- RECENT UPDATES ------------------- v0.7.3: Tighten up permissions v0.7.2: Fix recents page v0.7.1: Fix Windows popup v0.7.0: Browse and search your music library (limited to Google Play Music for now)! v0.6.4: Hotfix for Google Play Music support and performance enhancements v0.6.3: Fix Last.fm for real v0.6.2: Fix Google Play Music support (again), and fix Last.fm support v0.6.1: Fix Google Play Music support v0.6.0: Add a playlist view, minor visual changes, and speed improvements v0.5.2: Fix Play/Pause button swap on Google Play v0.5.1: Fix Google Play Music support v0.5.0: Beautiful new design and support for Pandora, Spotify Web, and Songza v0.4.5: More responsive controls v0.4.3: Add volume slider v0.4.0: Add time slider and significantly reduce resource usage v0.3.5: Added Last.fm toggle to the popup v0.3.4: Revamped settings page v0.3.3: Enable Google analytics v0.3.0: Add support for Last.fm scrobbling v0.2.0: Rich notifications support and an options page v0.1.0: Initial release The extension does not collect any information, but requires access to your other tabs for functionality. MiniPlay is open source (github.com/iambald/MiniPlay)
- (2020-07-22) James Johnson: I have been using it for years with Google Play Music, but since that is going to be eventually replaced with YouTube Music it would be great if MiniPlay would work with that was well. I have tried to get it to work but it does not. This is a great tool to use my function keys on my keyboard and I would still love to have that function.
- (2018-08-24) Reuben Bedingfield: Currently only seems to work with Google Music, but works well for that. Other music services would be a definite bonus.
- (2018-07-21) Linux paul: Worked fine for Google Play music but not Pandora.
- (2018-03-02) Александр Федорович: Great extension!)
- (2018-02-26) Roman Pekshev: То что искал. Молодцы, так держать!
- (2017-05-04) Keivan The One: The best Mini player for google music...Please also add "I'm feeling lucky" Botton to this extension as well. Thank you!
- (2017-03-05) Ronald Lips: doesnt work for spotify, looks good for Google Music. I use Spotify, therefore no good for me
- (2017-02-20) Arran Hobson Sayers: Used to work brilliantly. Currently has issues controlling spotify, but still does an amazing job with google play music. Highly recommended.
- (2017-02-17) Audrey Gardewine: good!
- (2017-02-17) Nathaniel Lee (natedlee): Doesn't work. I can only attempt to listen to Google Music. No option to use another service.
- (2017-02-08) Raynar Belmont (Raynar): Works like a charm for spotify. However doesnt refresh the player or the notifications. So I have to switch back to spotify and pause it and replay for it to acknowledge it. Also Keyboard Shortcuts are not show in chrome extensions either. So you got a great idea just needs tweaking otherwise thank you kind sir!
- (2016-12-08) Alejandro Villarroel: Perfecto para controlar la reproduccion de play music en cualquier pestaña de Chrome
- (2016-11-18) Mike Caputo: This extension is fantastic. It is very simple and clean, but did exactly what I needed it to.
- (2016-10-30) Jeff McKnight: Wow. Amazing features for Google music control (and others), artist, album, playlist selection. One of my favorite extensions. Great job! EDIT: the scrolling play status bar is messed up and hidden behind play/pause. Needs fixing
- (2016-04-21) Zach Becker: I absolutely love this extension. Works perfectly. My suggestions would be: adding soudcloud support and adding improvements to the notification system. Love it!!!
- (2016-04-20) Chad Muller: Fantastic! Exactly what I wanted for spotify notifications and hotkeys. Thanks, Jeff Chen!
- (2016-01-04) Willem: perfection. Don't even think about getting any other extension for this purpose.
- (2015-12-12) Bradley Dyer: Wish it could operate without the pandora window tab. But otherwise really good
- (2015-11-26) Chris: Great extension!
- (2015-02-25) Jorge Benavides: Very nice, just need can add songs at my list, or select my list to play.
- (2015-01-31) Justin Pemberton: Great extension. Looks just like material design
- (2014-12-07) This works great not only as a LastFM scrobbler but the now playing notifications are much better than Google Play Music's own implementation.
- (2014-11-22) Alex Behrens: This is the best Play Music controller I was able to find and fits all my criteria. One simple button always available in your Chrome browser (rather than an ugly native app that opens on the taskbar and doesn't scale right in the window it opens with my zoom autoset to 125%) and every control you could ask for, all in a package designed to fit perfectly with the UI of GPM and Chrome. Absolutely awesome!
- (2014-11-12) Joseph Brown: it needs to stay up when i switch tabs. if i move from one tab to another it will close. it should stay up til you turn it off. other then that, its awesome
- (2014-11-11) Dmytro Movchan: Функционал работает, всё хорошо. Но не подтягиваются обложки. ++
- (2014-10-02) Cory Hartmann: This extension needs more reviews. It's great. It's the only Google Play Music extension that looks like it was designed using the same official design guidelines Google uses with their first party services. Desktop Google Now/Notification integration is great too.
- (2020-01-09, v:0.7.2) Johan Sheridan: spotify?
this is a great app, GPM works fine. but it doesn't seem to recognize spotify. it just says "no music tab found," though i've refreshed the spotify tab and turned the extension on and off. i just installed this app today. are there any fixes or troubleshooting tips you'd recommend?
- (2019-06-14, v:0.7.2) Evan: pandora
when using Pandora in Vivaldi (runs on chromium) it says "no song selected" even though Pandora is playing
- (2019-02-28, v:0.7.2) Franz Vezuli: Can't see keyboard shortcut options anymore
Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Chrome Can't see it anywhere when in chrome://extensions/ settings. Any ideas?
- (2017-11-14, v:0.7.2) scrobble not works
The scrobble is displayed in last.fm during playback, but at the end of the music it disappears from last.fm.
- (2017-04-11, v:0.7.2) Michael Gonzalez: Spotify
Spotify update needed for new Spotify site.
- (2017-03-07, v:0.7.2) Sami Mikhail: Pandora New Layout
Seems to have caused MinPlay to stop working.
- (2017-02-01, v:0.7.2) Judd Platz: spotify
Doesn't seem to recognize spotify after they changed their web player - any update?
- (2016-11-29, v:0.7.2) Sami Mikhail: Hide Tab
Just found MiniPlay after sndControl stopped working. Great so far! sndControl had a "Hide Tab" option. Can't remember what it's called, but essentially so long as I was using one service (say Pandora), it would continue to play and control that one service but the tab would be hidden. Kinda useful... Would that be possible in MinPlay?
- (2016-05-24, v:0.7.0) Jen Lipschitz: Pop-out mini player?
I absolutely LOVE GPM's native pop-out mini player and was looking for that sort of functionality for Spotify (I only use the web player). While this gives me the notifications I love, I do miss having that pop-out mini player.
- (2015-11-14, v:0.6.1) Chris: volumn control does not work
I am running Version 46.0.2490.86 m and the miniplay volumn control does not work. Can you please take a look and fix it? thanks
- (2014-11-22, v:0.4.3) Alex Behrens: Album Art
Hi Jeff, your extension is everything I needed and works great! I did notice that album art doesn't load properly for any of my tracks, instead I only ever get the broken image sprite. Also the text for long song names fades out, rather than scrolling to show the full name. These are minor nitpicks, but if you're still working on this you may want to look into them. Thanks again for making this awesome tool!