Skip silent parts in videos and audio files
"Skip Silence" is a browser extension that allows you to autmatically skip parts of a video that are silent. It is highly inspired by CaryKH's automatic on-the-fly video editing tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ8orIurGxw). The extension works with most websites that use a HTML5 video or audio element to play, this includes YouTube and Instagram. The full source code of this extension is available on https://github.com/vantezzen/skip-silence, if you find any issues or have a question please visit https://github.com/vantezzen/skip-silence/issues. This extension needs the following permissions: - "activeTab" => Access the currently active tab to monitor the video or audio source's volume and speed up and slow down. - "storage" => The extension saves the settings you set using the browser storage We do not collect or save any usage or other data about the users of this extension.
- (2020-11-23) Louis Hong: A gift to humanity. Thank you.
- (2020-11-23) Catma Copter: great so far! just one suggestion, I am trying to watch recordings from a Zoom lecture, and the extension does not see any video. Thats is. besides for that it is good
- (2020-11-17) A C: Is awesome! really a smart vision.
- (2020-11-07) Motoko Kusanagi: One of the best extensions in the world. Open source and actively developing. Can't wait for the new version with cross-site settings storage and speed changing hotkeys to get rid of competing extensions. The only severe bug is spontaneous audio/video desync for some long videos. May be caused by player bugs, time base differences etc.
- (2020-11-07) Gregan Kehin: YOU SAVE HOURS a day, VERY active developer, great features added since I installed it. open source: https://github.com/vantezzen/skip-silence AHORRAS HORAS al dia, desarrollador MUY activo, excelentes características añadidas desde que la instalé. open source: https://github.com/vantezzen/skip-silence
- (2020-11-04) Ben Austin: Been using this for quite a while and it has worked great. However since the last update yesterday (November 3rd) it doesnt load properly initially and makes you refresh the page to get it to work. It also doesnt save your set speeds anymore so you have to change the speed each time you click it to run which is a mild inconvenience.
- (2020-11-03) Pedro Echevarria: It is like magic.
- (2020-09-13) Gy 009: It is great, as I was looking for this sort of thing. However, there are a number of things that could make it even better. 1. Allow a separate options menu, 2. The ability to save at least one (though preferably five) profile(s), 3. The ability to have it on constantly instead of having to turn it back on with each new thing you watch, 4. More specific control of the playback speed much like how the video speed controller extension works, 5. Shortcut keys
- (2020-09-09) Pedro Santos: This extension will save my life
- (2020-08-02) William Losin: Why did I have to find this AFTER a term of online classes??? This is absolutely brilliant and you should be proud of yourself!
- (2020-07-29) Mark Ifi: excellent work!
- (2020-07-03) Ajay Ramachandran: Wonderful! I was planning on making something similar (inspired by the same video) but never found the time. This exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
- (2020-06-26) Another Glitch: It is wonderful to find a tool like this. Just wanna adjust the lvl of audio 'cause some classes were too silent for the tool to detect :(
- (2020-04-10) rithans: marvelous bro! excellent work
- (2020-04-07) Tymski: It's good, but it overrides the default playback speed. I use another extension to control the speed of videos and it would be great to use current video playback speed instead of the dropdown.
- (2020-03-04) Emil Elthammar: It gets 5 from me just for existing.
- (2020-02-10) Niko: Finally somebody wrote this extension! Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you :)))
- (2020-01-27) Mazur Alex: I've tried all possible configurations, and came to 1 conclusion: It does speed up the silence, but after this skip, a portion of the next "sound part" is cut. "Hello.....speedx2...... rld" . Idk how to fix this
- (2020-01-24) Konstantin K.: It works! Thank you! PS. But I have a problem that purple active button is hard to distinguish from grey inactive button.
- (2019-12-27) Tohamy: brilliant!