Smooth scroll with the keyboard
Smooth Key Scroll enables smooth and responsive scrolling with the keyboard on every page. - Arrow keys to move arround with adjustable speed - Control (ctrl) and Option (alt) to modify speed - Power scrolling keys (vim, gamer, ergonomic) - Option to disable mouse hover effects - Option to disable blue arrow from google search Issues & Suggestions: https://github.com/smoothkeyscroll/issues/issues Changes ------- v2.8.2 - Fix issue cause slow scrolling in some websites like for example imdb.com - Upgrade to manifest v3 - Make extension icon open the options page when pressed v2.8.0 - Option to disable the extension on certain websites (blacklist) v2.7.1 - Prevent welcome page from opening again when extension is installed multiple times in different browsers using the same user profile v2.7.0 - Make advanced features free v2.6.6 - Really remove hardcoded IPN URL v2.6.5 - Remove hardcoded IPN URL v2.6.4 - Update API URL v2.6.1 - Fix bug introduced in Chrome 61 which prevented scrolling. v2.6.0 - Automatically find scroll element on pages with unconventional scroll (google photos, microsoft team services, etc) v2.5.1 - Fix document.body scrolling detection on edge cases v2.5.0 - Switch to less obtrusive scrolling detection algorithm - Fix problem with Team Foundation Server v2.4.1 - Add support for iframes v2.4 - Don't scroll on google search results page when blue arrow is enabled - Add option to disable blue arrow on google instant search v2.3 - Fix horizontal scrolling issue in Google Photos - Fix https://smashingboxes.github.io/OwlCarousel2/demos/basic.html v2.2 - Improve scrolling engine to allow scroll in gmail, vk.com, etc.. - Improve scrolling performance by removing scroll check on every key repeat v2.1 - Fix scroll locking when usind find/search in page. Currently the only solution is to scroll normally when searching When google fixes this issue we may be able to re-enable smooth scroll: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=529050&thanks=529050&ts=1441646441 - Fix rare ocasion when smooth scroll would not activate after pressing the shift key in a shortcut v2.0 - Complete re-write - Alternative directional keys (Vim, Gamer, Ergonomic) - Options to prevent hover effects while scrolling v1.0.6 - Fix Ctrl and Alt keys on Linux v1.0.5 - Fix page not scrolling in Chrome 40 v1.0.4 - Selecting text with Shift is now possible anywhere on the page - Fix alt and ctrl speed sliders regression (options page) v1.0.3 - Fix alt-left/right functionality on windows (and other default shortcuts) - Allow alt key to be pressed and released while scrolling without changing focus to the menu (Windows) v1.0 - Options page with adjustable speeds - Fix issue with Flash - New icon v0.2 - Fix speed getting stuck should page loose focus - Fix collision between meta key and browser native functionality
- (2023-09-18) Ian Russell: Here is an extension to add a middle man between you and the arrow key... which already scrolls the site. Why.
- (2023-08-16) Jason Gomez: Makes scrolling very slow on some websites (eg. imdb.com) so needs fixing. I use vimium as well, so I can just use J/K instead when this happens. Vimium is never slow. Also, I paid for the Pro version but I never got the key!
- (2023-05-20) Waqas Aziz: It does not work on so many website like YouTube
- (2022-08-29) วันที่เปิดโค๊กกินแล้วไม่ซ่า ให้จําไว้ว่านั้นคือวันสิ้นโลก: โคตรดี!! ใช่เลย หาแบบนี้มาอย่างนาน
- (2022-03-13) daered: Doesn't work on PDFs? Seriously?
- (2022-01-18) Melanie Baker: Thank you so much for creating this extension!!! It is so smooth now when I scroll with my arrow keys, more smooth than I thought possible, I just wish it worked on everything on my laptop not just when scrolling on Chrome.
- (2021-11-13) M. AL-Hejji: is it possible to add an option for auto scrolling?
- (2021-10-06) Trường Lê: only works on web that have 1 scrollable area
- (2021-07-02) Xuong Tran Trieu: It's super of good use to me. Excellent! Note: There is time when we need to use mouse click on the page in order to make this extension function
- (2021-04-26) Frykauf La Kosta: 10/10 ACTUALLY SMOOTH scrolling. Other extensions may have more support for more input devices, but they don't actually have smooth scrolling. They just modify the already existing browser scrolling to be different, without actually giving you smoother scrolling experience. I'm considering paying the $3 for more ergonomic vim like scrolling and the "disable mouse hover effect while scrolling" feature for just even little bit better experience then the already awesome experience you already get for free. I do hope the guy will put it back on github to be able to request features. Because this extensions is just amazing. - like ability to scroll by more than 30 pixels (alt+up/down fast scrolling) more input devices (like touchpad & mousewheel)
- (2021-01-22) Rae Lundquist: Sometimes this app works, sometimes it doens't. It's not reliable and therefore it's terrible.
- (2020-11-15) Dr. House: Smooth-Key-Scroll_v2.6.2 [ free + unlocked ].rar - 451 KB http://www.mediafire.com/file/3t437k7opf81zr1/Smooth-Key-Scroll_v2.6.2_%255B_free_%252B_unlocked_%255D.rar/file just for fun I thought I'd see if I could unlock it without a license... yup, enjoy!
- (2020-10-30) Jaleldroid J: just great !!
- (2020-10-20) Joachim Sejr: Works superb!
- (2020-04-14) Geison Esteves: Very cool ! tks
- (2020-03-30) Vvmopz: Pretty nice extension. There don't seem to be many smooth scrolling extensions that actually scroll smoothly & this extension does. I like the fact that you can use the keypad to scroll, VERY ergonomic concept (although, I wish you could customize the buttons). Certain sites like youtube don't allow the functionality but it's also especially nice scrolling through images.
- (2019-07-01) Nicholas Christeller: Desperately needs the ability to disable on certain sites, otherwise seems functional
- (2019-05-24) Chris Vydas: Charging in excess of $90 for a premium features of a very mediocre extension is just pure greed and completely unjustified, good luck getting anyone to pay that. in addition this ext. had no effect in my android emulator with chrome installed. page scroll speed was the same no matter what settings were used. comon now people, don't pay for this trash Tomas Rojas, go one further and uninstall this junk
- (2019-04-01) Bouncy The Boi: I Downloaded this; for me to scroll with Touchpad smother but it didn't had that feature sadly, if had that feature then I might think about a higher rating.
- (2019-01-30) Comet: It doesn't work.
- (2019-01-11) 설재환: I'm using donated version for keybindings of WASD scroll. It's not the possible best. but I find this the best among what currently showing up on the market. good for ergonomics =D pro : "this gains high priority upon page loading." but still, not as much as that of a mouse scroll. cons : 1. limited scrolling speed option. 2. some keybindings conflict with internal hotkeys like 'Ctrl W' for those who has the problem of 'cons 1.' , you can change it by using HTML edit. on the option page, press F12 for the console -> Element tab -> use inspector(ctrl shift C) -> mouse over the slide bar(in the scrolling speed box) and click -> look at the highlighted block in the element window, you can find the word max = "30" . double click it and edit it to your want, like 500 or 1000 . -> use the previous slide bar again within the prolonged maximum
- (2018-12-25) 林宸儀: great
- (2018-10-04) Daniel N: Please get rid of auto-popup installation page that plagues chrome store extensions. I log into many computers, and get bombarded with intrusive popups from many extensions being installed, and this one is part of the problem.
- (2018-09-19) standwithukraine: amazing
- (2018-08-12) Trae Gould: You have to pay for "Premium" to customize your scroll hotkeys to "WASD". That's a joke. I've never seen an extension (with a TOTAL of 3 customizable settings, mind you) that requires you to pay $ to access. If I was purely criticizing the "Scroll Sensitivity" feature, I'd give it a 3/5, but I'm not; this Extension, as a whole, is lousy.
- (2018-02-16) Kjetil: Custom binding keys is the only thing missing. Otherwise perfect.
- (2018-01-09) Stone Olaf: Doesnt work as it should at all, no scrolling speed changed for me.. Terrible addon....
- (2017-12-30) Owen Barnett: This is an amazing add on that should be built into Chrome by default. It is simple and works perfectly.
- (2017-11-30) Seth Denbo: This is a great extension that I really rely on now. The premium version is well worth the small cost for the added flexibility and functionality. I had a problem when I first started using it (that turned out to be the fault of another Chrome extension) and the developer responded quickly and was super helpful about figuring out what the cause of my problem was. Great work!
- (2017-10-31) Tomás Rojas: Paid for the license but the email hasn't reached me yet (it's been like 15 minutes). I'll update this once the email gets to me. UPDATE: Received license 5 days later, thanks though! 4 stars
- (2017-10-21) Robbie Smith: Exactly what I've been searching for. 😊
- (2017-09-10) Andrew Khan: отлично!
- (2017-05-27) Crafty Grandma: Works when it wants to and only on some sites
- (2017-03-21) Brandon Zell: Excellent extension. Love the ctrl and alt keys for modifying speed.
- (2017-03-15) André Salmerón: I can't find an option to disable extension in certain websites (since it's working horribly with FB). But overall, great work.
- (2016-12-23) The one thing I wanted was to remove the stupid jerky small blue arrow keyboard scroll and these bas-tar-dos want $10 to enable that "premium" feature. bite me
- (2016-12-03) Dan Caron: Perfect. This should be default behavior in Chrome.
- (2016-11-22) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Smooth Key Scroll". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-11-11) Joshua Froelich: Does what it says!
- (2016-09-26) Randall Schmidt: Works great especially when compared to other like apps. Easy to configure, too.
- (2016-08-20) Josh Sanguino: Wow! Now I can read without a scroll wheel.
- (2015-11-16, v:2.2.2) Lightsttn1 A: What no Auto-Scroll function?
It would be good to add an Auto-Scroll function with the ability to adjust Scrolling speed on the fly. That means there should be a way to speed up, and slow down the auto scrolling of the page, and a left to right, and back to left of page, and scroll right with the ability to move down by a line or more for Handicapped accessibility use on pages where the text goes out of view before going back the the left of a text box or page. This means the text lines are too long for normal scrolling of up and or down on a page. There isn't a Scrolling App yet that has been designed for Handicapped User Accessibility.
- (2015-10-20, v:2.2.2) Constantin Iliescu: Owl Carousel issue when Smooth Key Scroll is enabled
When you have the extension enabled and drag the carousel left or right (http://smashingboxes.github.io/OwlCarousel2/demos/basic.html), the items move a few pixels up. Cheers, Constantin
- (2015-08-26, v:2.0.2) David Alejandro: Good while it lasted
It was good until the recent permission request to view and modify all data from all the websites I visit.
- (2015-08-21, v:2.0) g: Error
Произошла ошибка Недопустимый пакет. Подробные сведения: "Не удалось распаковать расширение".
- (2015-08-20, v:2.0) Itamar Ostricher: New permissions
Why does the latest version require the permission to read/change data on websites I'm browsing?
- (2015-08-02, v:1.0.6) Fahd Albaqmi: تعديل صفحة جهاز الاب توب
- تعديل برمجة لغة الجهاز إلى اللغة العربية . - تصحيح وضع الصفحات الى العربية ووضع الكتابة للعربية .
- (2015-07-23, v:1.0.6) Константин Мазеин: List of exсeptions
Please, add in your extension list of exсeptions, because it's works properly not on all web sites. For example, arrows scroll background window in popups on vk.com (try it here http://vk.com/durov?z=photo1_374731134%2Fphotos1 ).
- (2015-07-16, v:1.0.6) Scrolling With `Find` Window Open
Scrolling does not stop when the find prompt is active. This is on OS X.
- (2015-07-15, v:1.0.6) Dennis: keyboard scroll not working for me...
Work nicely. But, I am hoping for a 1/3 screen scroll for each key press. The current max is 50 px or about 1/5 of my screen. Also would be nice: option to put scroll on page up and page down buttons. (I use these for other scrolling). Or, just user-definable key bindings. But page up and page down are the most common alternative bindings. Finally, suggestion: I was stuck when I first installed. You should mention to new users: have to open a new tab to get the effect.
- (2015-05-02, v:1.0.5) Håkon Hægland: Ctrl and alt does not work
Control and alt modifier with arrow up/down gives same speed as without modifiers. I am using chrome version 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu.
- (2015-03-30, v:1.0.5) David Alejandro: Scroll flickering
It's smooth as butter. But I get a little flicker that gets annoying everytime I scroll. Any help?