Automatically set the video quality on YouTube according to its FPS!
Tired of YouTube not automatically setting videos to the appropriate quality? This extension will not only let you specify the quality of the videos, but will also consider FPS! This means, for example - if your computer can handle 1080p videos at 30 FPS, but not at 60 FPS - you can automatically set 60 FPS videos to play at 720p! And the best part - it works for embedded YouTube videos as well! (I.e. YouTube videos that aren't in YouTube.com) It can even automatically resize videos according to your preference!
- (2020-10-26) SVS -HUNTER: MDS essa foi a melhor extensao que ja usei no meu navegado. so love so love... PARABENS PARA OS CRIADORES
- (2020-10-24) 시코: easy yo use work nicely
- (2020-10-22) Eros 123: the best
- (2020-10-22) 超好玩: 把所有帧率都设置一个分辨率吧，麻烦
- (2020-10-20) X - Force: Perfect! Thank you! It was driving me nuts that YouTube kept lowering the resolution on every video, and I didn't want to get an extension with a "suite" of changes and "enhancements" for YouTube. This extension JUST fixes the resolution issue (and lets you set the FPS too). It's extremely simple .. "set it and forget it" .. and I'm really grateful to the author. Will be donating ASAP! Thanks for making the world a better place!
- (2020-10-19) Sittiporn: good
- (2020-10-16) TQNz: goodsss
- (2020-10-15) Konan Garcia: Exelente! me Gusta!!
- (2020-10-13) Mesak Habetnego: good app
- (2020-10-12) Lucas: Faz exatamente o que promete. Simples assim.
- (2020-10-12) maryam abdlmjyd: wow
- (2020-10-10) Tamás Polgár: Soooo useful! Since YouTube introduced the forcing of 360p, I was too tired of setting the video quality manually every single time. Thank you!!
- (2020-10-08) Daniel Cohen: Excellent for Youtube, the best extension there is for managing how videos look and the resolution they play at when possible. I recommend pairing it with AutoplayStopper which is another excellent extension that allows you to prevent videos from automatically playing on every site you visit. It also has the option to block flash detection and force videos to play in HTML5 which means they can always be auto stopped. Link to AutoplayStopper below for convenience. I'm not related to or affiliated with ANY extension or extension authors. This is just MY personal opinion. I also use Nano Adblocker and Nano Defender with the extensions mentioned above. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoplaystopper/ejddcgojdblidajhngkogefpkknnebdh?hl=en
- (2020-10-02) Mohammed Salim: The developer is very fast to respond to email communication and in resolving bugs. Enjoying this extension :)
- (2020-10-02) Henri Hyyryläinen: After the latest update yesterday this extension now causes youtube videos to randomly start playing in background tabs. Also when watching longer videos I noticed that the video quality setting popup opens and I have to click on the video to get it to go away. Almost unusable now.
- (2020-09-30) Haik: It's very efficient, my lazy self doesn't want to take the time to click through gears.
- (2020-09-29) Nathan Alexander: 9/29/20 - Its been a while since it worked. I open a YouTube video and its always 720p, but the app is set to all 1080p. Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121
- (2020-09-29) Leonis Ocampo Nieves: Me encanta esta extensión. cumple con lo que necesito y, me ayuda bastante a no estar ajustando la resolución para cada video
- (2020-09-29) Conor Hynes: Currently isn't working
- (2020-09-27) Faisal Islam VLOGS: Works Fantastic
- (2020-09-27) Личинус: отлично работает. я в восторге.
- (2020-09-22) Miracle: no i mean like the video is only available at 1080p60fps, can i force it to 1080p30fps only? like adding limit the framerates option would do
- (2020-09-19) TuanDung Vo: ok
- (2020-09-17) Natanael nn: Muito bom,funciona perfeitamente,agora consigo assistir meus videos sem travamentos.
- (2020-09-14) Tien Bobbybon: ok
- (2019-12-17, v:1.0.0) Jacob Shirley: Doesn't Seem To Work for "Old Format" Youtube
It works as expected on normal youtube, but if you happen to be using the old format (you'll have to google how to do that), it reverts to Auto mode. That's probably why some people are having that issue.
- (2019-12-10, v:1.0.0) taemin: It is not working
It stopped working yesterday, would love an update
- (2019-07-14, v:1.0.0) Stefan Končar: Extension Doesn't Work
The extension doesn’t work on some videos, for example this one https://youtu.be/4ITrwpgsc24, and it keeps resizing the player even when I disable the resize player option
- (2019-05-26, v:0.2.0.5) me2olive: YouTube settings pop-up appearing on seek
This just started happening today, when I seek to a different position in a video using the seek bar the pop-up for autoplay, annotations, playback speed etc. appears every time. I can click on the video again and it disappears, but seeking again brings it back. It doesn't happen for every video, but most, for example this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Gu8mcoRRE. If I disable YouTube Auto HD + FPS and reload the page the problem disappears, so it's definitely this extension. Tested with Chromium 74.0.3729.157 and 74.0.3729.169.
- (2019-05-09, v:0.2.0.3) Wonyoung: Suggestion
I set 60fps videos to play at 480p, but I only want them to start playing at 480p, sometimes I manually change the resolution to 1080p 60fps, but when it buffers and go or leave fullscreen it changes to 480p by itself, and it only happens on the recent update (may 8th? 3th?) before may 3th it was working properly. Maybe release the previous version of the extension? thank you so much!
- (2019-05-08, v:0.2.0.3) Kubas 789: Youtube page scroll itself
When leaving fullscreen the youtube page scrolls itself down to comments section. It happens only with the extension active.
- (2019-05-05, v:0.2.0.1) Wonyoung: extension broke after the latest update
when I set 30fps videos to play at 1080p It plays on auto instead, I have to only click on the gear icon and it changed itself to 1080p, it only happens on the latest update, I can screen record a video showcasing the issue, great extension overall :) https://streamable.com/p1d84
- (2019-04-22, v:0.1.9) me2olive: Why does this now request access to browser history?
I've just had this extension automatically disabled by Chromium as it's now asking to read browsing history. Why does it now need that? I see no mention of this on the overview page or the author's site.
- (2019-04-20, v:0.1.8) Noah Kesterson: Can this extension be converted to a script for Tampermonkey?
I use Tampermonkey to help clear up some space in my extension bar by extensions I use all the time, but don't really mess around with the UI of often. I would love for this extension to be uploaded somewhere so that it could be used with Tampermonkey and I could remove the extension and free up that space again. Awesome extension even if you can't make it into a userscript. Appreciate ya!
- (2019-03-19, v:0.1.6.9) Johrdan Almeida: 4th option for default fps
Can you add a 4th option for default fps? Some video has 25fps,55,40,and more.Because this, your extension does not work on that videos
- (2019-02-22, v:0.1.6.8) Keith Knox: unable to save quality
unable to save quality, it changes back to 1080p when i click out of the box
- (2019-02-19, v:0.1.6.8) Gerax Deon: Not Working Properly!
It was good but now need an update. When I click on the video, video don't stop. Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Offical) (64 bit) 02/19/2019 Please fix this. I love this extension.
- (2019-01-30, v:0.1.6.5) Nathan Prins: Weird behavior lately
Usually the app performs flawlessly but lately some strange behavior was introduced. which I believe might be related with the addition of the picture-in-picture player. Now, when I click the video to pause it, it just continues playing but the play icon does change to the pause icon. Other media controls are non responsive as well, but also do still affect the visual controls on screen.
4.7 (438 votes)
Last update / version
2020-10-04 / 1.1.18