Remove Content-Disposition: attachment HTTP header.
Sometimes you want to see files in Chrome inline, but Chrome started to download it. This is quite irritating. This extension relaxes this behavior. You should turn on this extension only when you want. You must know how to disable extensions manually.
- (2019-09-13) Alex Peters: Works as described in Chrome 76.0.3809.87 on Windows 7 for image files. As a developer, it is disappointing to see people post 1-star reviews with such little information. Are people not properly understanding what this extension does?
- (2019-09-09) Graham Holmes: It doesn't bloody work. Nothing more needs to be said.
- (2019-07-08) Preston Thomas: Unfortunately does not appear to work for the sites I need it for. To reproduce: Install extension, restart browser Go to, for example, https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-08-160A1.pdf Expected behavior: .pdf should display in browser Actual behavior: .pdf prompts for download (as usual) Can't comment on any other aspects of the app; deleted after trying a few websites. Chrome version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) Good luck with this; it is an ongoing frustration. To echo an earlier response "shame on google for not including this natively".
- (2019-03-28) Wes Netmo: Antivirus says this extension requires way too many permissions and it's probably dangerous to install it
- (2019-03-19) 一見便利なこのプラグインには副作用があり、一部のファイルが「ダウンロード」という標準のファイル名でダウンロードされてしまう。POSTでダウンロードを要求した場合に発生するようです。
- (2019-03-04) Works great. An option to enable/disable to disable disabling "Content-Disposition" would be great for times you do want to download files.
- (2018-07-09) Joe Triplett - 360.Vegas: it works for images.
- (2018-06-04) Mateusz Kulasek: Aby życie stało się lepsze.
- (2017-12-14) Tim Kay: Now PDFs don't sometimes download... they always view in the browser.
- (2017-05-05) Mai Ling: I signed in (I prefer to not be signed in anywhere) just to give this five stars. "Shame on Google for not providing this feature natively" is a polite way to express my true feelings about it.
- (2016-11-06) Navin Francis Shajan: Works with PDFs!
- (2016-07-11) 宮崎英彦: ページ内でPDFが表示されずにダウンロードされてしまうサイトがあったのですが、これで解決出来ました。
- (2015-12-17) Works great, but it would be nice to intelligently detect if a file is a PDF, image, or video and only remove the content-disposition from those so users can browse the web safely without having to only enable the extension when needed.
- (2014-03-04) Marnen Laibow-Koser: Great idea, but doesn't actually work: the PDF files never loaded.
- (2013-04-01) Jeff S: Finally, PDF's that have the content-disposition set to attachment will open in the browser instead of having to download them.
- (2019-03-28, v:0.0.1) Wes Netmo: Antivirus
Antivirus says it's spyware. If it's not please reduce the permissions required in order to run it
- (2019-03-13, v:0.0.1) Sandalo Rules: Switch on and off
It would be great if it could be switched on and off without the need to go through settings->extensions You can do it of course, but for my needs it's something I do quite often, so an easier way would be very nice to me. Anyway, great utitily, thanks
- (2016-04-16, v:0.0.1) Terrell K: Dropbox
Can't get it to work on Dropbox, which is why I downloaded it. I use a similar addon in Firefox.
- (2015-05-08, v:0.0.1) Steven Noble: Where do you switch it on and off?
I can't see an icon for it in my toolbar