Media Hot Keys sets shortcut keys for Pandora™. Control your music even when you are using other applications on your computer.
Media Hot Keys is a small extension to provide keyboard shortcuts to the popular music streaming service Pandora™. Unlike other extensions, our hotkeys work even if you have Chrome running in the background and are working in another program. ## Features • Play and Pause Pandora • Skip to the next Pandora Song • Easy to edit Shortcut Keys • Open Pandora using a Shortcut Key ## Editing Shortcut Keys To modify what keyboard shortcut is used, open up our options menu and click on "Edit" next to the shortcut you want modified. To open the options menu, click on our icon in your toolbar and click on "Options", or go to "chrome://extensions" and click on "Options" ## Possible Issues By default our extension registers global keyboard shortcuts. If you set a keyboard shortcut that is used by another program, the shortcut key may not work. This is because two applications can't have the same shortcut key registered globally. Fix this by setting the shortcut key to a different key. ## Legal Notice Media Hot Keys is a third party application that is not affiliated with the services we work with. We are an unofficial application developed by a third party.
- (2020-07-06) Royce Breckon: Doesn't work on Chromebook (HP Chromebook 14A G5) for Google Play Music or YouTube. Tried with and without StreamKeys (which manually works)
- (2018-11-01) Eric: works as expected. I work at home and play music all the time but need a quick way to mute the music when I get a call . a keyboard with media keys and this extension do the trick. IMPORTANT: reload the pandora page after installing
- (2018-09-29) Alex D: Great extension with good privacy practices. Only requires access to pandora.com and not every single site you visit.
- (2018-06-19) الكابتن الربان: ممتاز
- (2017-07-23) David S: Edit 7/23/17: -------------- Extension has taken to crashing and restarting intermittently, forever, and ultimately not responding after X crash/restart cycles. Works OK for a while after reboot, then nosedives... Edit 11-24-16: Sweet...it's working again...all I could wish for is that my media key for pause/play would work, but maybe that's my keyboard's prob. -------------- Edit 11-13-2016: Pandora has changed their user-interface within the last week, and this seems to have rendered my start/pause shortcut dead. ----------------------- Old review: For whatever reason the default media play/pause keys on my keyboard don't do squat - but by going into chrome://extensions/configureCommands and changing to another option (many didn't work), I was able to get it to function. I've never programmed Chrome hotkeys so I don't know what's normal, but many "Ctrl-whatever" options that I'd thought would work simply don't show up. I used "ctrl-right arrow" in the end.
- (2017-06-08) Cirplex: June 7, 2017 I released version v0.8 of Media Hot Keys. It's now possible to set a shortcut key (defaults to Ctrl+Shift+Home) that will open up Pandora. If Pandora is already opened but isn't in focus, the shortcut key will focus the tab for you to access quickly.
- (2016-11-10) Billy Purdy: Works great on Mac!
- (2016-09-25) Olaoluwa Aremu: Works great on Mac OS X El Capitan. However the play/pause key no longer works with my iTunes... I suppose that i'll have to disable the extension temporarily for that to start working again. Thanks for making this.
- (2016-09-03) Zac M: ONLY THE PAUSE BUTTON WORKED =/
- (2016-08-31) Zach Herman: Windows 7 Pro - works perfectly. Now I can pause/play using the spacebar when someone walks into my office. That's all I wanted. Thanks!
- (2016-08-26) Carl Posz: works great on my mac but not on my windows 10 computer. hard to rate an app like that. I see some are running mixed device so I'm not sure why it won't work on my windows 10 machine.
- (2016-07-01) edon: For what it is, I really enjoy it. Although it does not work in some programs, it works in most and that is very okay. Thanks for this!
- (2016-06-02) James Morris: Would be a five star if i could skip songs with this also
- (2016-05-03) Jesse Hemstad: Works as advertised. Had to refresh the Pandora window in Chrome before it would work. But now I have play/pause! Thanks for a great extension.
- (2016-04-21) Josh Stockwell: I read the reviews and was skeptic. It did not work when I first installed it. But then I closed and opened chrome and it worked fine.
- (2016-03-18) Doesn't work at all for me in Windows 10.
- (2016-03-10) Andrew Butler: Ditto to David Sofio. Media key doesn't work, changed to Ctrl+Left Arrow (nice because these keys are close together) and it works, but it's not immediate--takes a second or two.
- (2016-01-27) Andrew Shassere: Works perfectly.
- (2016-01-23) Matthew gaydos: This use to work great but now when hitting the hotkey it slowly fades the audio in and out and is really annoying but I rate it for what it use to be
- (2016-01-07) Caleb Peterson: Plan on using this to implement a really cool new device idea I came up with. Works well so far.
- (2015-12-26) Jay Godwin: Works but needs to have a skip function implemented
- (2015-12-01) Wade Wilson: Previously, extension worked perfectly as described. Recently however, media play/pause hasn't been working for me if chrome is running in the background. For example, if my window is focused on a another program, button doesn't work. It still works fine if I am chrome and window is focused. (using Windows 7 & newest version of chrome)
- (2015-11-09) ShaLi Shaltiel: Works great on OSX
- (2015-10-15) Daniel Wood: Awesome! It even works on OSX. It would have a solid 5 stars if you could include additional functionality to where the keyboard "Previous/Rewind" key downvoted a song, and the "Next/FastForward" key would just skip the current song. Or let me at your source code and I'll update it :) Great and simple tool though, thanks!
- (2015-08-25) Kyle Starr: This is so simple a effective. I only wish that I had discovered it sooner! Just and FYI to everyone installing this, I had to restart chrome to get it to work.
- (2015-08-16) Eugene Rosenfeld: Works great!
- (2020-12-14, v:0.8) Justin McFall: Keys not working
Hi, is this still being supported? The only key that works is Play / Pause but that only pauses playback and won't resume. Furthermore, it seems like after I pause it, trying to resume it from the play button on the site causes the song to buffer indefinitely? Using Chrome 87 on Windows 10