Control your favorite web-based music player with your keyboard's media keys
This extension provides system-wide media key bindings for online music players. Currently supported services, the source code and change log are available here: https://github.com/borismus/keysocket
- (2020-04-02) Aditya: Does exactly what it is intended to do !
- (2020-01-30) Fülöp Eduárd: Thank you!
- (2020-01-14) Mathis Dupuy: It does work very well ! One of my favorite extension, since I'm a YT and Google Music all day long consumer. It works well, but since Google Chrome added it's own solution 'Global Media Controls' there is a conflict. But Google's solution seems to not be currently able to handle next/previous buttons. You have to disable Global Media Controls in chrome://flags/
- (2019-12-20) Devid vingersuk: Works pretty well but I wish it wouldn't Hijack keys when no player is playing on chrome. Also is there any possibility for audible support? Would be awesome!
- (2019-12-14) Salvador A.L.: Sadly, it doesn't work anymore for YouTube. It used to work, though. Now, when I try to pause a video, it just pauses for a moment and starts playing right away.
- (2019-11-08) ahkr: When chrome add media keys feature, for no reason it block my media keys. This addon fix this. Thanks.
- (2019-10-29) Jaime Montez: octubre 2019, ya no funcionaaaa!! :=( ayuda porfas actualicen o algo
- (2019-10-10) Jim Gomes: Works great with Das Keyboard media keys. Essential for listening to Google Play Music in the background.
- (2019-10-03) Tyler Hostetter: Control Chrome: Play/Pause as normal Control Spotify: CTRL+Play/Pause or ALT+Play/Pause Absolutely amazing work, such a such a simple change, but huge quality of life improvement. I can now control both Chrome and Spotify with my hardware media keys. Thank you very much!!!
- (2019-07-30) hoora rezaei: doesnt work for me on youtube !
- (2019-06-04) Châu Đỗ Ngọc Thanh: Good!! Suport media key of windows laptop so good!!!
- (2019-05-09) Ian Bowman: This is very useful and saves time when skipping songs with Tidal. I think a cool feature enhancement would be to have the page title scroll the song playing so that I know the name of a song without opening the tab, sort of like Facebook messenger on PC. Overall great app and does exactly as it suggests!
- (2019-05-07) Daniel Garcia: Ting! it's on, working perfectly. Tung! it's off for this tab... Also turned off perfectly fine. BEAUTIFUL job on this extension.
- (2019-04-14) BaSsGaZ: Same as others! Works on YouTube, not many others. I doubt the list of supported services is accurate! It didn't work for me in TuneIn
- (2019-04-13) Anton Rudeshko: Thanks! Helps a lot. Not great with multiple tabs, but solved it with per host permissions.
- (2019-03-20) taoufik tamiss: Does what is claims.
- (2019-03-03) Daniel Vrána: It works, but I had to stop using it because it acts on all open tabs at once..
- (2019-02-02) Burak Şahin: WONDERFUL
- (2019-01-29) mohammed saleh: Helpful
- (2019-01-21) Janne J: Just works plain and simple. This functionality should be built-in in a browser. Thank you author!
- (2019-01-13) Pra M: Thank you! <3 My new must have for Chrome. Why on earth aren't media key controls part of the standards for websites to use?! Upon a quick Google I came across an outdated fork of this. Thankfully someone suggested this! It's not perfect though. It is absolutely terrible with multiple tabs. It is *something* though.
- (2018-12-12) shimonyk: Works for me on YouTube Music with daskeyboard media keys :)
- (2018-12-05) Siddhardha T: Love this extension. Very helpful.
- (2018-11-06) shaFqat soFi: love this extension, now no need for any other music application when you have this. supported by all streaming web services i use. love it
- (2018-10-05) Антон Булычев: All works perfectly, checked on Soundcloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, DI.FM, Google Play Music, Bandcamp, VK.