Unofficial extension to use your keyboard's media keys with Overcast's web player, plus other optional enhancements.
**Please Note:** This is an unofficial extension and is not affiliated with or supported by Overcast Radio, LLC in any way. If you have any issues or want to submit a pull request, please do so on [GitHub](https://github.com/tsmango/overcast-media-keys). This Chrome extension's main feature is to map your keyboard's media keys (previous, play/pause, next) to [Overcast](https://overcast.fm)'s web player. In addition to media key support, there are four options: * "Sort episodes by date" - When enabled, will sort the "All Active Episodes" list by date (oldest or newest first). * "Highlight in progress episodes" - When enabled, will highlight any in progress episodes on the "All Active Episodes" list. * "Prepend day of week" - When enabled, the day of week will be prepended to the date of each episode in the "All Active Episodes" list. * "Open links in new tabs" - When enabled, will simply make the three links below the player on episode pages open in new tabs. These features can be enabled or disabled by clicking "Options" in Chrome's "Extensions" area and reloading any already open Overcast pages. You can install the extension [here in the Chrome Web Store](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/media-keys-for-overcast/iomjboggdipkbeddinniaoiffjibdach). After installing the extension, reload any tabs already on Overcast's site and your media keys will start working. Keys work globally by default, but can be restricted to only be available while in Chrome by clicking the "Keyboard Shortcuts" link at the bottom of your Extensions preference page in Chrome. Overcast is a trademark of and copyrighted by [Overcast Radio, LLC](https://overcast.fm). Thanks, Marco! This extension started as a fork of Boris Smus' [keysocket extension](https://github.com/borismus/keysocket). Thanks, Boris!
- (2018-04-27) Nick Alexander: Does exactly what I want it to do. Wish Chrome would respect the media keys by default like Safari does on macOS.
- (2016-05-11) erin edwards: Works great on MBP
- (2016-03-07) kevin dee davis: Lifesaver! Works great with my macbook pro. Been waiting a couple years for such an app.
- (2015-12-09) Michal Jan Warecki: This is a nice extension, but I can't use my media keys in other applications than Chrome.
- (2015-09-04) Koen Kanters: Works great! Thanks!
- (2015-04-15) Jeremy Debate: works well with macbook air
- (2014-09-29) Mark Ray: Works well with my Macbook Pro